Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 12:01 PM Last edited by Affinity : 17th Apr 2021 at 7:04 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default White ring around iris on werewolves and vampires when using custom default eyes (Solved!)
Here are pictures of what I'm talking about

Humans and other occults like fairies & witches have normal eyes.

How do I get rid of this white ring?
The eyes are Oh My by Escand
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I guess iris size for vampire and werewolves are smaller than others.

refer to this thread:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=653870

I tried both V4 and V5, put them in the overrides folder but they didn't get rid of the ring.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 8:05 AM
This will work with the DR "oh my", it will simply override if you use the contacts, so I suggest you use the contacts just for vampires and werewolves. If you want, I'd be happy to make this DR replacement, but keep in mind, this means ALL your sims will have a 10% iris size increase.

It works! Please make it a DR. I don't mind the slightly bigger iris since I have this mod that makes the iris smaller anyway. Thank you so much for your help! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 10:47 AM
This is the DR for the same eye.

There is a slight gap
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 11:31 AM
However, I did test all of it from human to vampire, male to female, toddler to elder, before I upload it. I probably just didn't look at it close enough. But please make sure you delete your cache and also removed the contact lens from your sim.

I did clear my caches (CASpartcache, simCompositorCache, WorldCaches) and I removed the contact lenses.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 7:03 PM
Ok, so for some reason every age the eye placement is slightly different. It doesn't matter with the humans because the alpha is established in the mod. It was a pain in the ass trying to match the texture with the V/M alpha, so I compromised by going 15% iris size.

Hope this works!

Yep! It does! It's perfect now. Thank you so much! :lovestruc