Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 4:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
not saying a fing thing |:/
i think i'm in the shts,.

i've extended the pregnancy Way more than i think i need, And the contractions are Way too soon,. i've reset the mother,. And myself, (myself being the father,.) and she's now continuing to contract, even though the baby is nowere in sight,.

have i fed it up??,.
Advertisement
#2 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 5:16 AM
What in what?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 3:58 PM
It was said to me that you should not change any of the pregnancy settings unless there are not any pregnant Sims in the neighborhood because it will likely glitch out any current pregnancies. To check beforehand you can use NRass MC Demographics to take a look. For future reference if that's what happened. Also, pregnant Sims glitch when they are forced to travel or so was my case...so I just don't it. And of course, the custom settings need to make sense in relation to the other settings or the pregnancy will not work as intended. How to fix a glitched pregnancy...I don't know and don't really have much experience with that. But I'm sure someone else knows the answer, hopefully, to help you out with that.

Edit: Re-read. Okay, you can't just change the length of pregnancy without changing the other pregnancy settings which all work together in unity. That is why your pregnant Sim is glitched if I am understanding correctly.

=======

These are my custom settings and I have not had any issues with it at all.

Spring - 93 Days
Summer - 94 Days
Autumn - 89 Days
Winter - 89 Days
Year - 365 Days

Infant - 93 Days
Toddler - 1,460 Days
Child - 2,920 Days
Teen - 2,555 Days
Young Adult - 7,300 Days
Adult -9,125 Days
Elder - 13,140 Days
Approximate Lifespan - 36, 593 Days/100 Years

kHoursOfPregnancy = The total hours of how long the pregnancy should be. (Because of my custom lifespan and seasons length this is 6,574 hours/9 Sim months for me.)

kHoursToShowFully Pregnant = How many hours to show the pregnancy belly at its largest. (I think I've done some research on this though it varies from woman to woman and from pregnancy to pregnancy but in-game I have it set to 5,843 hours/8 months.)

kHoursToShowPregnantBuff = How many hours will it take for the Sim to show the pregnant moodlet. (Again I've done research on this and of course it varies in real life when a woman finds out she's for sure pregnant but in-game I have this set at 1,460 hours/2 months.)

kHoursToStartContractions = How many hours until labor starts. (I set this 2 Sim hours before kHoursOfPregnancy because it is 2 Sim hours by normal life span default settings. So it's 6,572 hours as I'm not interested in a super long labor so left that the same.)

kHoursToStartPregnantMotives = How many hours until pregnancy symptoms show up such as nausea, vomiting, food cravings, etc. (I have this set at 730 hours/1 month.)

kHoursToStartWalkingPregnant = I have this set at 5,847 hours.

kNumberOfPuddlesForWaterBreak = This is set at 1.

kMaxDaysAsNPCBaby = I have this set the same as how many days my infants will remain so in an active household at 93 days.

=======

Here is one of The Sim's Studio pregnancy defaults to compare how many hours in relation to other settings when doing custom. I think this is under the normal lifespan.
kHoursOfPregnancy (Default:72)
kHoursToShowFullyPregnant (Default:36)
kHourToShowPregnantBuff (Default:24)
kHourToStartContractions (Default:70)
kHourToStartPregnantMotives (Default:8)
kHourToStartWalkingPregnant (Default:40)
kMaxDaysAsNPCBaby (Default:1)
kNumberOfPuddlesForWaterBreak (Default:0)
kSimMinutesReactToContraction (Default:20)

=======

There are many other custom configurations you can do that's way shorter depending on your year length if you have Seasons. Here's one that Sarah Sims posted all the way at the bottom of the page. https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/retuner

"Pregnancy

This is a more detailed explanation of the pregnancy settings above.

Based on a real life pregnancy lasting 9 months, which in game will be 22.5 days on my sims’ life-span settings, calculated as follows:-

1 year = 30 days simtime
divided by 12 months realtime = 2.5
x 9 months realtime = 22.5 days sim-time

Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > Pregnancy >

Hours of pregnancy = 540 (9 months real-time / 22.5 days sim-time)
Hours to show fully pregnant = 360 (at 6 months real-time / 15 days sim-time)
Hour to show pregnant buff = 60 (at 1 month real-time / 2.5 days sim-time)
Hour to start contractions = 538 (2 hours before birth)
Hour to start pregnant motives = 60 (at 1 month real-time / 2.5 days sim-time)
Hour to start walking pregnant > 541 (Disabled completely)
Number of puddles for water break = 2 (Just added this for realism)
Sim minutes to react to contraction > 5 (Reduced from 20 sim-minutes)"

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 3:52 AM
I have mine set at a 120 day year so 1/3 of all Deshong's settings.