Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 5:40 AM
Will this laptop even remotely work (TS2)?
I posted a few months ago about some laptops I was interested in, but I had questions about another that I found.

Lenovo Ideapad 130 15
AMD Dual-Core A6-9225 processor
46 GB DDR4-1866, plus 500 GB hard drive
AMD Radeon R4 Shared graphics card

I am looking to play almost solely TS2 (all EPs and SPs, plus a good to fairly large amount of CC), as well as looking into creating. I'm not interested in TS 3, 4, or possibly a future TS5, and any other games I would play would just be things like Minecraft or the occasional indie game, nothing too high graphic.

Googleing a bit said that the Radeon R4 can't play high-graphics stuff like AAA games, which is fine, because I wasn't interested in those anyway, but what has me worried was the one where it said that it was "comparable to Intel HD graphics 4200," and I know very well that Intel HD graphics are a no-no for simming of any game, much less CC making.

I could always buy an external drive for extra space if that becomes an issue, but there's nothing to be done for graphics cards on laptops, and, as I've said in the past, graphics cards and graphics-related issues are always where I seem to run into trouble with laptops, and I've been told that "shared" ones aren't usually the best. It's a bit hard to research cards for TS2, however, due to the fact that people are mostly concerned with wether the latest game will run, plus, TS2 has become notoriously finicky about which ones it wants to run on.

So, all in all, will this thing even remotely work, or am I better off just saving up my money to purchase one of the others that I've had my eye on?
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
I posted a few months ago about some laptops I was interested in, but I had questions about another that I found.

Lenovo Ideapad 130 15
AMD Dual-Core A6-9225 processor
46 GB DDR4-1866, plus 500 GB hard drive
AMD Radeon R4 Shared graphics card

Specific card info to TS2 is located here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...:Graphics_Cards By the way. Sims 2 also works on newer cards.