Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Freezer Clock

by treeag Posted 14th Oct 2008 at 11:52 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:57 AM by treeag

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:26 AM
Ah, thank you so much! You are a god! *worship*

Seriously, this will help so much in movie making with so many things! Thank you!

tu fui ego eris
...what i am, you will be...
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 24th May 2009 at 10:51 AM
Thanks for the mod,the concept is great,BUT i seem to be having major problem while using it,i end up trowing the models away after the photo-shoot,because they loose their autonomy(they simply stand there looking dum),it could be that its interfering with another mod or it isn't fully Compatible with MG,not that you mention that it was!HCDU reports no conflict,no error log are created,and lastly Hackdiff report CLEAN.
if anyone as have anything weird or similar ,i would like to know as this mod is of great use to me,and not been able to use it safely well that sucks...
Theorist
Original Poster
#53 Old 24th May 2009 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobbythehacker
Thanks for the mod,the concept is great,BUT i seem to be having major problem while using it,i end up trowing the models away after the photo-shoot,because they loose their autonomy(they simply stand there looking dum),it could be that its interfering with another mod or it isn't fully Compatible with MG,not that you mention that it was!HCDU reports no conflict,no error log are created,and lastly Hackdiff report CLEAN.
if anyone as have anything weird or similar ,i would like to know as this mod is of great use to me,and not been able to use it safely well that sucks...

Can you elaborate? What did you exactly do and at which point did they lose their autonomy?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 24th May 2009 at 6:18 PM
This. Is. A. God-send! I'm about to work on an album and I can't wait to use this!! Great work!

.:Check out my journal for info and updates:.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 25th May 2009 at 12:39 AM Last edited by bobbythehacker : 25th May 2009 at 1:11 AM. Reason: edit:for bad spelling!
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Can you elaborate? What did you exactly do and at which point did they lose their autonomy?
I will first start by stating that:Due to the excessive among of mods in my game(Over 500 or 600),and seeing that there as not been any other case like mine,I suspect this been only of conflict nature with something else in my game,I use a few of your mods and never had any BFBVFS.
I use hood #N373 (Megahood),Population 928,the hood is several months old,but i usually prevent disaster by saving hood with SimPE every morning!
The models affected have all been subject to the freezer cloak,the Sim Locomotor(Great mod by the way,I use it for the sexy walk all the time),I sometime use 'decorgal21572_713432_Decorgal_hack_modelpose',and i have NOT use OMSP on those photo session.
<<What did you exactly do>>
That's a little hard to say in 2 line but basically the routine is to freeze one sim in the perfect facial expression or body position,then with "moveObjects" on i relocate the sim (by the beach for example),them get the second sim in the desired position and relocate it beside the first one,take some shot on that location,un-pause the game,re-pause the game,take more shot(as strain-full as this may seam for the sims character,i have never had any problem until i actually start using the clock.
This append on several studio lot with my some of my most recent models...
If a "Good Data sim" is introduce on a lot with a "Bad data sim",the good Data sim will stop responding until the bad one moves out of the LOT,then she may return to a good behavior state!and Vice Versa...
<<at which point did they lose their autonomy?>>
The moment when the sim start acquiring the lost of autonomy and MILD case of Jump Bug in some case is hard to determine as the game is either poses or the time is frozen or the sim is frozen(photo session may last several hours).
The problem is only noticeable when i return to the same lot for another photo-shoot!
I will keeps this hood a little longer for purpose of finding the exact cause ,as i am not ready to trow the towel on this mod yet(Too Useful)!
I will setup a photo-shoot location in "ANYGAMESTARTER" and try to replicate 'or not' was is happening in my megahood!
anyway ,for what its worth,here is a list of mods in my DL.
I will reply or PM with my finding in couple of days or so!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Downloads.rar (15.5 KB, 17 downloads)
Description: Downloads.txt inside (.TXT file too large to upload)
Space Pony
#56 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Tymaporer : 12th Jun 2009 at 6:05 PM.
I'm not a moviemaker, but I've been using the Sims 2 for a school project, and this thing is great for the screencapping.

While this has little to no use for general gameplay...

On that, I beg to differ. I froze my adults for an image, and apparently the game decided the adults ceased to exist when they were frozen, so the social worker came. So I unfroze the adults, which in itself did not deter the social worker, but when I froze the kids, she gave up and left! XD The same thing happened; the game decided that the toddlers were no longer there. It's the only thing I've discovered so far that ever makes the social worker leave the kiddies alone. Great for unintended casualties of not wanting to use a no-welfare hack, which many people do choose.

EDIT: Infants are not freezable, so unfortunately they will still be taken. Which brings up another issue...of course infants don't move around a lot, but they still sort of wiggle, and it would be nice to be able to freeze them as well if I want one in a picture. Is this possible? I know many things aren't possible to mod for infants, so it's okay if not, but I hope it is.
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
I think your mod is great. But when I went to download the hyperlink portion od the download, gave me a corrupted file. When I used the floppy icon it worked fine.
Test Subject
#58 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:10 PM
Thank you so much for this! it's a great idea.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:54 AM
thank you very much treeag, finally I have Apartment Life installed in my PC, so I could use it now.

anyway...wish the best for your new life there

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:52 AM
Default "frozen" token?
Awesome mod.

How hard would it be to add a "frozen" token? I.e., if you freeze a character, they remain frozen until you manually unfreeze them, even if you leave the lot, etc. (Currently, if you leave a lot and return, frozen characters return to normal.)

I looked at the BHAV in SimPE but it's even more bizarre than most I've seen... how you modders figure this stuff out I'll never know ...
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:56 AM
I downoaded it even though i don't have Apartment Life and it still showed up in my game, although it doesn't function properly. Instead of freezing my sims doing whatever action, it cancels what it is that they are doing and they just stand around like fools. sims can be so stupid.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 12:16 PM
Thank you for creating this useful mod, when making movies scenes that have more than 1 cast in at a time, it is very useful. When i wanted a sim to continously do the same pose in the past when another sim talked to him (for example) i had to go to the idle pose hack, and give them exactly the same pose 5-7 times in a row, just so they would hold the same pose long enough, but now i dont have to do that, i can just issue the pose once, and freeze them in mid stream, and voila.
#63 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 7:01 PM
I finally have Apartment Life installed. ::nab:: .

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 12:09 PM
Thanks for this creation! I like it!

Back to MTS community.
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:11 PM
Just posting to report that I tried this with M&G, but no AL. Freezing/unfreezing time works, but once frozen, Sims don't cooperate well with being unfrozen.
Test Subject
#66 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM
make one for ts3
Test Subject
#67 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:30 PM
Hey I was wondering does this thing only work if you have Apartment Life EP or is it base game compatible?
Theorist
Original Poster
#68 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:38 PM
It requires Apartment Life, as the icon indicates.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:59 AM
Amazing!

Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 12:44 PM
This is awesome I've been using this mod since I first saw it like 2008 :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 4:59 PM
This clock is a godsend, especially the fact that...or at least I THINK...it stops their mood and motives from deteriorating, essentially leaving the sims in suspended animation. I've used this to make one witch sim hide in the attic, asleep.
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 11:21 PM
God, I pray to you.....please let there be time freezer like this in sims 3 for movie makers.....

ps: Does anyone know if this kind of hack exists for the Sims 3 ?

Anything good in life is either illegal,immoral or fattening...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 2:23 AM
I just gotta say, this is the best thing to ever happen for Sim storytellers!
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:24 AM
I downloaded this so I could use it to freeze sims after they got back from community lots, then unfreeze at the time when they actually would have come home. So I first tried it with Cyd Roseland, and it worked great for a minute, then a cop showed up to take Porthos away, as if Cyd had died! I'm afraid social workers might come to take kids away, too. I don't know if you noticed already, but I just wanted to bring it to your attention.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 2:12 PM
lol i am the first to post a massege in 2011 wooo last 1 was jul 2008 and i think this is very good
Page 3 of 5