Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lower Threshold for Parenthood Traits (Negative, Positive, Lifespan Flavors)

by tyjokr Posted 12th Dec 2017 at 8:07 PM - Updated 17th Mar 2023 at 1:12 AM by tyjokr : NO LONGER SUPPORTED

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 10:50 PM
Thanks for this! It annoyed me having to work against all my Sims being goody-two-shoes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:15 AM
Oooh, I love the idea of this! Going to test it out now.

This should work great with Pawlq's Faster Trait Gain and loss mod, didn't seem to use conflicting files
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 11:08 AM
I had also noticed how hard it was to get those traits! Particularly responsibility - it is very hard to become irresponsible without really strict parents who set a curfew and ground you. And then it only took a little bit of accidentally doing something responsible to get pulled up out of the trait zone again.

So yeah. Great idea for a solution.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:47 AM
I plan make my sim all over this time as teen to shape him into being adult thank you for that mod I'll use it for sure
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th May 2018 at 3:39 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:03 PM
does this work for seasons patch update?
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mimiblair

Seems to be working for me! I didn't check the values properly, but the minus bar was getting filled suspiciously quickly . It didn't cause any errors either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mimiblair

This mod still works with the Seasons patch, no update needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 2:50 PM
I've been using this mod for a while, and it really has made playing the Parenthood game pack much more enjoyable for me! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 5:56 PM
Any chance of an update so positive traits start out with a bonus? I was thinking maybe the good trait could start with a plus to the empathy scale, neat could get a bonus to manners, genius and/or ambitious could get a bonus to responsibility, that sort of thing. Also, maybe the mean trait could affect conflict resolution? Idk, I just really like how the evil trait affects things right off and I'd like more of that, lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:26 AM
I love this mod a lot -- are there any plans to update it for the November 13 patch & Get Famous?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:47 PM
any plans to update it to the 13 patch and a request you can make a 50/50 or 60/60 version for the one which change both???, because i feel the 35 also is too low and easy, could be good have a 50 and 60 version which could be more balanced.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 4:25 AM
This mod seems to have been broken in a way that was difficult to spot. Using only MC Command Center and LowerThresholdNegativeParenthoodTraits_Flavor1 I consistently get Last Exceptions (I can provide the file if needed) when I change a trait using MCCC. This affects some traits and not others (for an example: outgoing and hotheaded are affected, but not active) and I got a message when a sim had hotheaded saying he was in range to earn a trait.
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:19 PM
+1 for mod being broken by the latest patch. Kids doing anything that would normally cause a gain/loss in character values (for example, a toddler playing in the toilet) causes some interactions with the kids (like bathing them) to break and unable to be completed.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:26 PM
Just adding on to this, it has also broken for me since the latest update. Super guttered as its totally my favourite mod. It was causing my teen to freeze and be reset every time she made an action that would increase a character trait (e.g. doing something "with emotion", fixing a toilet)
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 3:25 PM
It's broken in my game as well. Interactions between children and adults dont happen after doing something that affects parenthood trait values. I didnt test it without Basemental so idk if this happens without it, but if I shift click> edit is CAS and exit out of CAS then most or all of the furniture disappears.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 7:02 PM
I really hope you update this for the Get Famous patch. This really is an essential mod for me...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:16 PM Last edited by tyjokr : 27th Dec 2018 at 8:31 PM.
Hi everyone, so sorry that I missed the big November patch and the most recent December one! I've updated the mods. I will try to be more diligent in the future.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FanphoriaMercury
Any chance of an update so positive traits start out with a bonus? I was thinking maybe the good trait could start with a plus to the empathy scale, neat could get a bonus to manners, genius and/or ambitious could get a bonus to responsibility, that sort of thing. Also, maybe the mean trait could affect conflict resolution? Idk, I just really like how the evil trait affects things right off and I'd like more of that, lol.

The vanilla game already accomplishes this

Slobs start out with -40 in manners
Neat sims start out with +40 in manners
Childish sims start out with -20 in responsibility
Perfectionists start out with +20 in responsibility
Outgoing sims start out with +20 in conflict resolution
Hot Headed sims start out with -40 in conflict resolution
Good sims start out with +40 in empathy
Mean sims start out with -40 in empathy
Evil sims start out with -40 in empathy (which I changed to -100 in the negative/combined flavors)
Self assured sims start out with +20 in emotional control
Jealous sims start out with -20 in emotional control
Insane/erratic sims start out with -20 in emotional control (which I changed to -80 in the negative/combined flavors and -40 in the shortlifespan flavor)
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 12:18 PM
still works fine?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shinigamy_s
still works fine?

Yeah, the mod still works
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 12:04 AM
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but does this mod also auto-chooses traits they are close to? Even if they don't meet the threshold? I ask because I remember having a mod(s) that could do that and at a lower threshold but I can't remember if it was this mod or another, or both. lol

Either way, from what little I remember this is a great mod, and I'm definitely reinstalling.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AbbyTheOddie
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but does this mod also auto-chooses traits they are close to? Even if they don't meet the threshold? I ask because I remember having a mod(s) that could do that and at a lower threshold but I can't remember if it was this mod or another, or both. lol

Either way, from what little I remember this is a great mod, and I'm definitely reinstalling.

This mod doesn't auto choose traits, you have to pass the threshold to earn them. This mod does, however, assign the behavior of the traits to sims that are close to earning them.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 11:03 AM Last edited by AithneS : 25th Nov 2019 at 2:25 PM.
Does anyone know if it works with the DU update...?
Edit: Seems to work for me... Unless it's just wishful thinking. At least it doesn't break anything or throw LEs.
Edit 2: Thank you for updating!!!
Page 1 of 2