Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 10:24 AM
Default Removing objects outside of lots
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering which mods/cheats would help with deleting certain world objects that are outside of the lots. My current annoyance is in Brindleton Bay's Sable Square district. The plaza area is surrounded by a fence that boxes in the area, and I would like to get rid of it.

I saw pictures of a build on Tumblr where the fence was removed. It definitely used mods for the world/graphics, though I do not know which. I know you can use the TOOL mod to move certain things onto the lot and delete it, but they come back when you reload the world. So not sure if that's feasible and worth the trouble.

I am just wondering if anyone has any idea on the mod, or what else I could do. The only other thing is it looks like they've used a mod to increase the lot size Sable Square (judging by how close the buildings are to the road). I've attached pictures of the world for reference.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 1:30 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 22nd Apr 2024 at 1:51 PM.
If you extract the Object Definition binary file, Model Lod file and Model file from the main EP package file regarding that particular object, you can destroy (delete) all imagery and footprint of the object, such that it is utterly invisible, not even cast a shadow, and does not block any sim walking over it. In essence, gone form the world as far as human player's eyes and sim routing are concerned. But still there as far as the game is concerned, so no attempt to replace it.

I did exactly this with the horrid tyre track decal object that is found in the Secret Labs in StrangerVille. What an eyesore, who created that monstosity? Can't delete it as it just gets replaced, but I can make it look, for all intents a purposes, as if it doesn't exist at all. Works a charm.

Edit - Although , as it is a fence object you want to remove, making it invisible and have no footprint might not be for the best if that object is used elsewhere in the world where you do want to keep its form and function intact.

Alternatively, could TOOL mod be used to shrink object down to very small size and hide it under a bush nearby. Game certainly would not need to replace it. Though the footprint would also need to be removed as that could still block sims routing.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots