Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod Conflict Detector [Update 03/03/2018]

by DmitryMalfatto Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:01 PM by DmitryMalfatto

965 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 543 Feedback Posts, 421 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 37 of 39
Test Subject
#901 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 9:27 AM
Why does only getfiles.php get downloaded?
Test Subject
#902 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 10:48 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't work (for me). The program doesn't want to open. :/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#903 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 4:54 PM
*For Everyone who says it won't open on Windows. After zipping everything to a folder, right-click the app and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.*
Test Subject
#904 Old 31st May 2020 at 5:10 PM
Does anyone have a contact for this creator? I would love to take it on and update if possible but he has not been responding to the means of contact I've found.
Test Subject
#905 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raineeday14
Does anyone have a contact for this creator? I would love to take it on and update if possible but he has not been responding to the means of contact I've found.

I don't think he would having anything against his mod being updated. Would be so kind of you to update it.
Test Subject
#906 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 3:41 AM

Yes, please just update it! We'd like to use it
Test Subject
#907 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 12:35 AM
application stopped working today. it's been working but today when i inserted the files of one of my folders, i realized i had not unpacked one item. but the item could not be unpacked because it was "being used" elsewhere. so, i cleared the 'files' section but i was still getting the same error. so i closed the application. unpacked the zip file. tried to reopen MCD. but now it's just opening and staying at the loading screen. i don't know how to uninstall the app but i have perm. deleted multiple times & redownloaded to no avail. but i know i would need to uninstall because my color settings are still there. so yea. pretty sad about this because i finally almost figured out how to work it & was cleaning up my folders.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#908 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 1:15 PM

please please just update it. it's stopped working & in the description he says someone can just take it on. we would LOVE for someone to update it!
Test Subject
#909 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 5:01 PM

Here is what he/she said in its last update

"Update 03/03/2018 (2.2.300)
Hi friends! I apologize for my absence. Unfortunately I will not develop MCD.I don't have enough time and energy. I have to work hard to make money for moving to another city.
A small update with the removal of ads and networking features will be released soon. Also will be laid out the source code of the program. Anyone will be able to continue the development of MCD.

I hope someone may be able to continue to develop and make MCD the best program for The Sims 4,

Sincerely, Dmitry Tkachev. Your Russian friend

You can always contact me in direct Instagram: @d_._v_._k[/list"
Forum Resident
#910 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 3:42 AM
why does script files show as wrong content?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#911 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 6:19 AM
So did anyone take on this project yet? It would be so much easier to find any mods that are crapping out without me doing that 50/50 process all the time.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#912 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 9:42 PM
please to whoever is kind enough to take over this, make a comment here leaving a link to your project.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#913 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 2:20 AM
Ahhhh this is amazing, I hope you can take it on @Raineeday14
Test Subject
#914 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 2:14 PM
anyone managed to take over this and update it yet? having to go through over 40 mods ONE by ONE to find whatever it is that is freezing up my game is a nightmare.. this is why i very rarely update the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#915 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 9:37 AM Last edited by kawaii93 : 4th Oct 2020 at 10:16 AM.
the mod conflict detector 1.9.1 2017 has an error
when i open it it says : System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
Please help
Test Subject
#916 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaii93
the mod conflict detector 1.9.1 2017 has an error
when i open it it says : System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
Please help

It means that the total number of characters added up, for all the directories + the file name, is too long. So for example, if we have a mod called WeLoveModders.package in our Sims 4 mods folder, the path would be something like C://Users/kawaii93/Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods/WeLoveModders.package. There, we've used 57 characters for the specified path to the file and 21 characters for the file name, when we add up each letter, character and space. The grand total is 78 characters, which is below the 260 character limit that Windows has.

So if you have his program buried deep in folders and/or use long folder/file names, it'll add up and then Windows gets cranky. You could try moving his folder to your desktop and opening the program from there to see if it works.
Test Subject
#917 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 8:22 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#918 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 7:22 AM
my god man, you're a lifesaver. i've found a bunch of conflicts already.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#919 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 1:19 AM
which language do i use for english?
Test Subject
#920 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flamingocheesyotato
which language do i use for english?

It's the first file to download. The Languages 22.zip file is only for other languages.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#921 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 9:11 PM
I cannot get the mod to even open. Is there a 64bit version?
Test Subject
#922 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 4:56 PM
I downloaded this today and it was working just fine until I switched it to advanced user mode. After I quit it and restarted, it wouldn't stop loading . No matter how many times I redownload or delete the files it just keeps loading forever.
Test Subject
#923 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vetrexa
I downloaded this today and it was working just fine until I switched it to advanced user mode. After I quit it and restarted, it wouldn't stop loading . No matter how many times I redownload or delete the files it just keeps loading forever.

Seems this happens if you close the program in advanced mode while having an invalid game folder in the settings... You can go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Mod Conflict Detector\ and edit or delete the AppSettings.json file to make it load again.
Test Subject
#924 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 11:11 PM
Does this still work?
Test Subject
#925 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cslade10
Does this still work?

Still working dude.
Page 37 of 39