Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Working* Magazine Rack [UPD 29 jan 2009]

by Numenor Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 11:47 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:49 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

257 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 245 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 11
Test Subject
#126 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:39 PM Last edited by SimSanta1992 : 3rd Jul 2008 at 4:49 PM. Reason: i should read the whole text before i post something
Default Working on Translations...
Hi Numenor!
Once again, you did brilliant work!
In the post, you wrote that we can help you to translate it into different languages. I'm speaking (i think you better say "i speak" or "i can speak", but doesn't matter to me now ) 4 Languages:
German (native language)
English
French
Spanish
Now i thought i could make at least the German, French and Spanish translations, so i'll look at it in some minutes (but first of all i've to install ) simPE, 'Cause i resetted my computer a month ago).
I'll tell you, when I'm ready and i'll post them here.

Edit:
OK, forget about that, next time i should read the whole text before i post something, sorry *doh*

LG SimSanta1992

If I was able to use img-tags here, you would see my personal 275px × 42px signature...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 4:27 PM
Thanks anyway for your willing to help

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#128 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 7:48 AM
Default Japanese translation
Wow, :lovestruc this magazine rack is definitely a must have item!
Thank you Numenor.

I hereby attach the text which I translated into my language (Japanese).

(For Japanese player)
It was fine in my game but any correction would be appreciated if there are mistakes.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Japanese.zip (1.2 KB, 11 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:02 AM
Default Update!
UPDATED 04 JULY 2008
  • Added Japanes translation (thank you mijiki-kun! While I can't even read Japanese, I find it a fascinating language )

• Added Recolour Templates to help people creating recolours for the magazine racks more easily (instructions provided in the first post).

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#130 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 2:19 PM
Thank you SO much! This looks 10 times better than the stack of magazines in my sims front yard, haha.
Test Subject
#131 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 3:12 PM
Thank you!
Numenor! I want to say thank you!!! I had made a post at the BBS http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...74c738250228ece

requesting this and hoped that The Sims 2 Division would make something, but you saved the day!!!

I really can't thank you enough! :lovestruc The little bit I have managed to play Sims the past weeks, I was getting extremely frustrated regarding the magazines.. I am so thankful you chose to do this.. I finally got to play last night and I was so tickled to have the magazine rack available for them to use! It made alot of difference to the household..

lol my goal now is for some of those oversized families that have up to 30 magazines available to them to load one up and donate( give as a gift) it to a University Dorm.. Since magazines aren't typically deliverable to a dorm..

Thank you again, I totally appreciate it alot! :lovestruc
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azsimmer1
lol my goal now is for some of those oversized families that have up to 30 magazines available to them to load one up and donate( give as a gift) it to a University Dorm.. Since magazines aren't typically deliverable to a dorm.

SMART!!!

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 6:05 AM
Must say- amazing object. Thanks a million. :] It's especially useful in dorms for me. Heheh. One point out- there's a typo on the thread- you called Japanese Jabanese once. LOL. I'm not trying to be a spelling nazi or anything, I just thought you might like to know. :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:41 AM
Thanks, I don't like typos too (in my own threads, at least )

Lab Assistant
#135 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 9:09 PM
can i ask what the "Lost&Found "Money" magazine" is? never heard of it.

and can you write your own novels in Free time? didnt know that either, lmao. how does that work? =)
Field Researcher
#136 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 10:11 PM
Superbe travail comme toujours, merci Maitre, thank you Master.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 2:15 AM
Why can't these racks be placed on a coffee table, regular table, counter, shelf, etc? Very annoying...
Test Subject
#138 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 10:46 AM
Maybe cause they are using some bookcase info/animations?
Forum Resident
#139 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 12:28 PM
Yeah, I think that's why you can not place it on tables or such. It's sort of a bookcase, but with more options.

I made another Dutch translation, because I'm a perfectionist and I want everything just the way I like it. So I changed a lot of the already existing translation, but not everything. I don't know if you want to use mine or the one that already exists, but I thought I post it here anyway.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Dutch.rar (1.0 KB, 8 downloads)
Test Subject
#140 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 6:07 AM
Wonderfull!! Numenor. I translate for Portuguese Brazil. Thank you!!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Portuguese Brazil.rar (703 Bytes, 8 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 2:04 PM
Thanks for this!

Check out my LiveJournal for more downloads.

"The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!" - Coco
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:22 PM
You have so wonderful ideas. Thank you very much.

Greetz picy
Test Subject
#143 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:26 PM
"You are not allowed to get this file. If you are a MTS2 supporter, or a Featured Artist, or a MooMoo winner, then you must log out of the site and log back in again to access these pages." - I've already relogged a couple of times, & I still can't download it ..
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 11:36 AM
Grazie Numenor, come sempre
Finalmente posso riorganizzare le mie riviste

Thank you Numenor as usual
Now I can finally re-organize all my magazines

Here Again For Pets!
If someone have the patience to help me with 3ds max...please contact me!
Byeeeee!
Scholar
#145 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:00 PM
A so welcome addition ! Especially with FT magazines subscription !!! It's wonderful Numenor ! Two new magazines and a special view centerfold ! Lol ! It's great ! :D
Congrats for the featuring, you deserved it ! Mille grazie (a lot of thanks) !!!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#146 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:38 PM Last edited by The T : 12th Jul 2008 at 2:37 PM.
I try to translate into Thai now.

I use Thai words that means Pick Magazine up for "Browse Magazine".

And all action about FT magazine I use Thai word that means "Pick Magazine about... up" and instead of using the name of magazine I use the name of hobbies. I think it is easier to use.

What is ignore the "[Dynamic]" entries means ?
Is it means I need to translate the message behind [Dynamic] or I must not translate anything in that line ?

[Dynamic] Pets Scratch-Chew
I translate "Pets Scratch-Chew", but left [Dynamic] off the translated message.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Thai.rar (1.7 KB, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
#147 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 3:05 PM
Umm i pressed 'Put away all books and magazines' and it took away my BOUGHT magazine and now i can't get it back . And This is awesome besides that last comment and Thanks!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 10:31 PM
Can you make versions that can be placed on various surfaces? I don't care if the animation is off...
Test Subject
#149 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:34 PM
Much thanks! I needed this desperately - had magazines everywhere!!!
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:41 PM
You realize, don't you, that every time you create another brilliant and unique object it means more than ever that you can never leave here :)

Once again, thank you so much. You are so good to *us*.

centime
Page 6 of 11