Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

642 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 20 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#476 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slipintospace
Sorry for being a bother, Cmar, but is there a way of making an in-game sim look exactly like the base mesh in MorphMaker?

You could try making empty face presets, with a morph made with identical base and morph meshes. I think I once made one for the forehead and it did make the face look like the base face mesh. As I recall there were some differences, though, which I think are morphs applied automatically by the game. If that's the case you might be able to approximate the unmorphed appearance - for example I think the game makes the eyes a little smaller and you could make a morph to enlarge them back.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#477 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You could try making empty face presets, with a morph made with identical base and morph meshes. I think I once made one for the forehead and it did make the face look like the base face mesh. As I recall there were some differences, though, which I think are morphs applied automatically by the game. If that's the case you might be able to approximate the unmorphed appearance - for example I think the game makes the eyes a little smaller and you could make a morph to enlarge them back.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Thanks! This worked quite nicely.
Test Subject
#478 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 10:51 PM
Default Broken mesh
Hey! Is the exported obj file supposed to have broken mesh? There are parts that are separated from each other and if I fix it by removing doubles and snapping to symmetry, the mesh won't work for creating the DMaps because there are no longer the same number of vertices. If I fixed the base mesh too, it won't work either because it apparently notices the number of vertices has changed. Is this just something we have to live with or is there an error exporting the mesh?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#479 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JMCh
Hey! Is the exported obj file supposed to have broken mesh? There are parts that are separated from each other and if I fix it by removing doubles and snapping to symmetry, the mesh won't work for creating the DMaps because there are no longer the same number of vertices. If I fixed the base mesh too, it won't work either because it apparently notices the number of vertices has changed. Is this just something we have to live with or is there an error exporting the mesh?

No, the mesh should not have open seams. Maybe something happened in the Blender import. Btw, you should be able to modify a mesh, export it as the base, then modify it to a morphed shape and export that as the morph mesh. For DMaps, as long as the base and morph meshes have the same list of vertices and the same faces it should work.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#480 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 2:39 AM
Hello, I am using your program and it is really easy to use, thanks so much! I am making several height body presets like LUUMIA's, but I have had the preset look completely different from its blender and morph maker views/previews. My body preset ends up making the hair look attached to the sim but also floating. Pics shown. (The left, shorter sim of each pair is made from my preset the other is EA's default height.)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#481 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BogusAva
Hello, I am using your program and it is really easy to use, thanks so much! I am making several height body presets like LUUMIA's, but I have had the preset look completely different from its blender and morph maker views/previews. My body preset ends up making the hair look attached to the sim but also floating. Pics shown. (The left, shorter sim of each pair is made from my preset the other is EA's default height.)

Bone morphs are very tricky because the game has mechanisms to control bone positions and movements that MorphMaker can't duplicate. They generally work okay on the face, but every time you use bone morphs on the body it's probably going to involve trial and error trying to correct the in-game glitches. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Test Subject
#482 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 7:11 AM
Hi, does anyone know how I can change the controller for a custom slider to something else so that I can use two sliders that currently occupy the same slider? The sliders I'm using are Dumbabysims Creepy Grin and Squeamishsims Temple slider. They both use the forehead slider in detailed mode and I'm trying to use both together....... Are there any tutorials for this? Sorry to be a bother but I've been searching for a tutorial for days and I'm very unfamiliar with this tool.

Thanks in advance!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#483 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Widowmaekr
Hi, does anyone know how I can change the controller for a custom slider to something else so that I can use two sliders that currently occupy the same slider? The sliders I'm using are Dumbabysims Creepy Grin and Squeamishsims Temple slider. They both use the forehead slider in detailed mode and I'm trying to use both together....... Are there any tutorials for this? Sorry to be a bother but I've been searching for a tutorial for days and I'm very unfamiliar with this tool.

Thanks in advance!

It can be done but it's not exactly simple and requires some understanding of how the slider system works. I've started on a tutorial but it'll probably take a couple of days.

Test Subject
#484 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 7:16 PM
It can be done but it's not exactly simple and requires some understanding of how the slider system works. I've started on a tutorial but it'll probably take a couple of days.

Thanks for the response! I'll look out for that tutorial
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#485 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Widowmaekr
Thanks for the response! I'll look out for that tutorial

Tutorial is done: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=665790

Took a little longer since I also did an update to the tool to make this kind of thing easier.

Test Subject
#486 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 8:59 PM
Tutorial is done: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=665790

Took a little longer since I also did an update to the tool to make this kind of thing easier.

I wanted to know why my Preset is getting the arm inside the Sim, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Bone Morph
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#487 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
I wanted to know why my Preset is getting the arm inside the Sim, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Bone Morph

If you're using a bone morph to make the legs longer, my guess is that's why. The body meshes use calculations based on some slot joints to position the arms, and maybe those aren't working with the proportions changed. Any bone morph used on the body is very tricky to do, especially if you're moving any part of the body vertically.

Test Subject
#488 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 9:22 PM
If you're using a bone morph to make the legs longer, my guess is that's why. The body meshes use calculations based on some slot joints to position the arms, and maybe those aren't working with the proportions changed. Any bone morph used on the body is very tricky to do, especially if you're moving any part of the body vertically.

Is there any way to fix this?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#489 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
Is there any way to fix this?

I don't know. You can look at height sliders to see what adjustments they make. You'll just have to experiment.

Test Subject
#490 Old 2nd May 2022 at 11:32 AM
I cannot find the answer to my question but is it possible to create high poly body preset? Like much more vertices than base mesh
ps. sorry for advance if my question's too ridiculous
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#491 Old 2nd May 2022 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hijimare
I cannot find the answer to my question but is it possible to create high poly body preset? Like much more vertices than base mesh
ps. sorry for advance if my question's too ridiculous

All a preset can do is change the shape of the mesh, not add polys.

Test Subject
#492 Old 2nd May 2022 at 12:47 PM
All a preset can do is change the shape of the mesh, not add polys.

what a pity... thank you very much for quick response!
Lab Assistant
#493 Old 6th May 2022 at 6:26 PM
When cloning a hotspot control I see species '5' which should very likely be 'Fox'.
Test Subject
#494 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 1:12 PM
Hi there, as you might have noticed, almost all sliders are broken after the Werewolf game patch. Can we expect a batch fix for the issue? Or there's other workaround that we can use that you are aware of? Because a lot of sliders were made years ago and some of the creators aren't even active anymore.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#495 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baldfraud
Hi there, as you might have noticed, almost all sliders are broken after the Werewolf game patch. Can we expect a batch fix for the issue? Or there's other workaround that we can use that you are aware of? Because a lot of sliders were made years ago and some of the creators aren't even active anymore.

I'm pretty sure I've found the problem and (if I'm right) the fix is pretty simple. I'll probably release a standalone batch fix in addition to updating MorphMaker and my own sliders.

Tartan McBadgerface
#496 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 6:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I've found the problem and (if I'm right) the fix is pretty simple. I'll probably release a standalone batch fix in addition to updating MorphMaker and my own sliders.

That's so good to hear! I had a suspicion this pack would mess up sliders.
Test Subject
#497 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 6:15 PM

That's a huge relief. Thank you ❤️
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#498 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 6:56 PM
Version 4.4.2 uploaded. This can be used to fix broken slider packages on an individual basis until I can get a separate batch fix tool done. After the werewolf pack comes out I'll probably have to update again.

To fix old slider packages broken by the patch:
- Open the package in the 'Create/Edit Slider and/or Preset Package' tab
- When it asks whether to update the HotSpotControls, click Yes
- Save as a new package

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#499 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 9:42 PM
Thankyou So Much!!!
Test Subject
#500 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 2:56 AM
do you know of any way to fix sliders like this for a mac? i don't have a windows computer, and i don't know which creators are going to update their sliders...
Page 20 of 26