Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fashion Design Career

by heaven Posted 24th May 2009 at 4:03 PM

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:57 PM
THANKS !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 12:04 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:06 AM
Thanks You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:06 AM
Thanks You
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 8:39 AM
thankyou
Test Subject
#56 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 5:55 PM
Hi! I downloaded the pack, installed it in my download file but in the game I have no reference of it, it appears a second athlete career but not yours. I really want yours
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:31 AM
Is there anything like this for Sims 3?
Mad Poster
#58 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:43 PM
@heaven I don't know if this is really the right place to raise this or whether it would be better in one of the creation forums (or even the Stupid/Random Questions thread). But, since you created the career in the first place, you might know. I downloaded this last year because I wanted fashion designers in my game. (My main game is Veronaville, and I have made it a fashion centre, in part to try to account for the outrageous clothes most of my Sims wear!) I subsequently modified it to reduce the hours of work, as I like having my Sims at home, rather than down rabbit-holes all day. I used Bidou's Career Editor in SimPE, as recommended by a member here. It was only after I had modified it that I noticed that, although I was getting the right hours of duty (as modified by me), I am getting the Job Titles and Descriptions for the Athletic Career showing in-game, instead of the ones you wrote:
When I open the package file in SimPE, everything looks right:
At first I thought it was something I'd done that had caused the problem, but I reinstated your original version (with a 11 hour working day for interns) and it still showed the Athletic career job titles and descriptions. I deleted my Groups.cache file before testing just to make sure I wasn't getting them from the cache. I also tested in my AGS base game "permagame", which has almost no CC, but I still got the Athletic career details.

Looking through earlier posts in this thread, I see other people have reported similar problems in the past, but I wondered if any solution had perhaps emerged in the intervening years. It may be relevant to note that my highest EP is OFB -- I'm one of the few people here playing TS2 without all the EPs. I wonder if it works properly with all the EPs.

Sorry to bother you about something so old.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:32 PM
@AndrewGloria - Unfortunately, I don't play TS2 anymore. While I have the UC, I've never actually played it and it's been years upon years since I modded/created for TS2 so I can't remember much about how it works. I wish I could be more helpful.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#60 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:07 PM
Thanks heaven! I'll take it to the appropriate creation forum and see if anyone can help me there. If I get it fixed, I'll let you know so you can update the download. I can't help feeling it's probably something simple but hard to pin down, like a flag set the wrong way.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Thanks heaven! I'll take it to the appropriate creation forum and see if anyone can help me there. If I get it fixed, I'll let you know so you can update the download. I can't help feeling it's probably something simple but hard to pin down, like a flag set the wrong way.

@AndrewGloria it's come to my attention that deleting the strings of other languages and not replacing them can cause this behavior if the user's game is not installed in English. gummilutt fixed my Modeling Career and let me know of the issue which is documented in that thread (in which I've added the updated file provided). I've not gone through and fixed the rest because I need to refresh how modding for TS2 works! Just letting you know here in case that may be the same issue.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#62 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 1:20 AM
Thank you.
Page 3 of 3