Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 5:06 AM
Default birds live longer
Those big parrots can live 60years IRL, in Sims they live like a year. Is there a mod that lets them outlive a Sim? And I suppose I can't have a canary or budgie...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 12:06 AM
There is a Mod by TwoJeff's called Caged Bird Fixed I am not sure where you get it. I would like to know where to get his mods.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
There is a Mod by TwoJeff's called Caged Bird Fixed I am not sure where you get it. I would like to know where to get his mods.

You can get TwoJeff's mods from here. Click on the last Expansion Pack you have and all of his mods that are compatible will be in there, including that fix. https://simfileshare.net/folder/92533/

Sorry I'm no actual help to grammapat..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 1:45 AM
Cage pet fixes doesn't actually fix the problem that causes birds to die, alas, which is that they starve to death almost as soon as their bowl empties. Cage pet fixes gives you a notice that the food is almost out. The best way to keep a bird alive is to refill its food bowl once or twice a day and keep an eye out for the glitch that causes them to get stuck eating, as the food levels can drop precipitously when that happens.

If you do find a mod that fixes this problem, I need it too. I love having birds on hand but I hate having to continually replace them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 3:46 AM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Dec 2021 at 4:01 AM.
@Fyren5 Thank you for the TwoJeff's link you left.

@Peni Griffin Thank you as well for explaining how it work. Yes birds can live a long time I had a cockatiel female in real life her name was Spike that was with me for 25 years who pass away in 2020 of old age. I had to get another cockatiel for my other bird who is a dusty headed conure name Toby he's been with me 5 years was so use to her company so the new one I have now just turn 2 years old. I name him also Spiky but with a Y they both talk and say simple words. I love birds so a few of my Sims have Birds.

Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 6:00 AM
@grammapat @Peni Griffin Check my siggy for the link to XPTL's archive--inside that, there's a Pets Mods rar, and in there's a file called "Petz-PetBirdsNWomratsNeverDie" which makes them live forever. Not sure if that's too extreme the other way, but, eh, thought I'd mention it.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 8:56 PM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Dec 2021 at 9:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@grammapat @Peni Griffin Check my siggy for the link to XPTL's archive--inside that, there's a Pets Mods rar, and in there's a file called "Petz-PetBirdsNWomratsNeverDie" which makes them live forever. Not sure if that's too extreme the other way, but, eh, thought I'd mention it.

@PhantomKnight Sorry I don't understand check what siggy where for the link? If possible could you please leave the direct link to get the mod you mention in your comment.
I am getting Zero with the message you left.

Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 3:57 AM
@Simonut "Siggy" as in signature. Check my signature.

I'm guessing you know about them, since I can see you have one displaying a quote. But a reminder that if you have signatures turned off, or you're viewing MTS in mobile view, you won't see signatures. But you can always go to someone's profile page to view their signature (Click on my name, then the "signature & more" tab).

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 6:17 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 12:20 PM
I didn't know they were starving! Do they also die from a dirty cage?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Dec 2021 at 11:58 PM.
@Charity Thank you for the direct link much thanks. When I ran the HCDU it show a conflict with TwoJeff's cage fixed, I guess I have to use or pick one of them.
All those I do like what Twojeff's mod offer, I have nothing on the Mod "Pet Never Died" or if anyone who use the mod have a feed back how it works.