Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 1:05 AM
I built a... A solar farm? A solar power plant, for my desert neighborhood.

When I first got the Sims 2, I created something like this in strangetown. I did the solar panels with tilted foundations, though. For some reson the idea came back to me the other day.
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 3:01 AM Last edited by bassoon_crazy : 6th Jan 2011 at 5:34 PM.
Working on a nature lot since I discovered a lot of good custom content along with the OMSPs. =)

My only wish is that the OMSPs didn't leave those crazy shadows. =(

Edit: Worked on it a bit more:

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#128 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 5:01 PM
Nissun, that lot looks great! I bet it really add to the look of Strangetown in Neighborhood mode!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Helptato
#129 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 5:39 PM
bassoon_crazy, that sort of reminds me of Castaway Stories, very nice!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Inventor
#130 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 10:23 PM
Nissun: I just love the solar power plant. It's so simple, yet so creative and definately fits into Strangetown nicely.
basson_crazy: That's a beautiful nature lot! You don't tend to see many people make parks that are strictly just plants and nature, so it's very nice and refreshing to see a new idea like that.

First time posting in this thread, hope community lots are okay. I took the strip-mall thing from Strangetown (the one with the "abandoned factory" that has a pool in the bottom of it ), and began re-modeling it to place in other hoods. I plan on making it look more grungy and like it actually has run-down or abandoned buildings on it. Since I'm keeping the weird pool-in-basement, I decided to re-name it "The Docks" and give the "abandoned factory" more of a naval feel (so it's going to be an abandoned shipyard) and placed the lot in another hood, closer to the coastline.

One of the other buildings though, the "game shop," has always reminded me much more of a church, so, that's what I've been turning it into.

Forgive the half-roof, I'm still re-modeling the thing, and I can't seem to get that last little piece to turn out quite right.
I'm not religious at all, but I do love old churches (for the art and architecture), and I thought it would be cool to have something like that in-game.

Undead Molten Llama
#131 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 11:18 PM
So, a thread on here has gotten me wanting to play a monastery set-up again. Only this time I want to do it "right," not half-assed as I usually do. *laughs* So, I'm setting one up as a subneighborhood of a neighborhood that I'm currently playing, to play when I get bored of that neighborhood and need a break from it. I thought I'd show off some of the lots for the place that I've built over the past couple of days. You'll notice a brick theme. *laughs*

Here's the church with the refectory (which is a kitchen/dining hall,for those not up on the building names in a standard monastery. ). The refectory seats 18 and has room for more if needed. This lot also has the monastery's fish pond:

The church is an expansion/remodel of one that I downloaded forever ago, probably from MTS, but I don't remember who originally created it. Anyway, some inside shots, one of the church, one of the refectory:

(Now that I have M&G, I just the other day discovered that I have ceilings! I'm so excited!) The church isn't set up like a "normal" church with pews and such. Mostly because in my game the Sims meditate to pray, and they need floor space for that, so that's what it has.

Then, there's a little crafting mini-village within the monastery, where the moola is made. It has six separate 6x5 bungalows, one for each craft plus painting, and a garage area where up to 4 junked cars can be worked on at a time. I quite like how this lot turned out, looks-wise. I'm just hoping that it will actually work the way that I have planned. It's hard to capture from the outside, so have a top-down shot, too:

Now to build the cloister, the garden, the scriptorium, the school, the orphanage, the dormitories, the prior's house, the infirmary, the graveyard, etc., etc., etc.... This is what I get for not wanting to be half-assed. *laughs*

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:30 PM
I've been mucking around with this lot for ages, and finally it's come out looking somewhat satisfactory.

Undead Molten Llama
#133 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:42 PM
Hencing, I love that house. It's very nicely mountain-y, so it reminds me of lot of the houses around where I live. One of these days I need to figure out making not-just-flat lots so that I can make that sort of two-story house.

Me, I...was apparently in a Craftsman-y state of mind, so I built this li'l thang. And since it's been snowing on and off here for the past several days, I popped it into a neighborhood that has winter:

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:34 AM
i decided to make a cute cottage in the woods sorta thing, its a 1 bed 1 BR cottage with a LARGE garden[ though its full of trees now ]

isnt it adorable :3, perfect for a retired couple who love gardening
Mad Poster
#135 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 4:13 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 14th Jan 2011 at 3:40 AM.
Here is a community lot I just finished building. The plan is to use it for weddings - the arch is over by the two climbing roses, and the tree that hangs towards the road - I generally use an invisible recolour for wedding arches because I have yet to find one I like!

The lot also has two bathrooms (with showers!) with a small vined pergola, a patio with a buffet, tables and chairs and a bottle of champagne, a pond with a bridge, a gazebo, a swingseat and a fountain. The wedding corner has the invisible arch, seating for six, and a fallen tree bench.

I basically set it up to be able to take good pictures of my sims when they get married there! I like taking photos of sim weddings :-D

Here are the pics. First the whole place, then a close-up of the pond and gazebo, then a close-up of the wedding corner, and finally a collage of some other pictures.

I'm looking forward to using this lot though! Won't be for a while though - the next generation of the family I'm currently playing (slightly obsessively!) are still a child and a toddler (and one bun in the oven!).......

**EDIT** I got to playtest this lot today, when Jared Brookes and Suzanne Gallagher Brookes got married there. I had Jared buy it as a business so that I could access Buy mode whilst they were there. The wedding went well! They invited 5 guests, and of course a bunch of randoms turned up too. I used Simlogical's formalwear sign to make everyone wear their formal outfits for the whole time they were there - I love that sign! I got lots of nice pictures (YAY!!), and all the guests had fun. The business went up to Level 2 whilst they were there, but I sold it right afterwards because I cheated them the money to buy it (and then got rid of it when they'd sold it).....
Forum Resident
#136 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 3:12 AM Last edited by Tenielle : 14th Jan 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Baskerville Orphanage

See the inside here and here.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 3:42 AM
I love the orphanage, Tenielle! The garden/playarea looks really good, and I like the indoor pictures on your LJ too. How do you intend to play it?
Field Researcher
#138 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 4:36 AM
I've never played an orphanage, is it fun?

Nissun i LOVE your idea of a solar farm!
Forum Resident
#139 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 12:14 PM
Thanks, Lauratje86. I currently have one female Elder, and one female Adult, as well as three toddlers living on the lot. The female Adult plays the role of 'Social Worker', and the Elder that of 'Nanny'. They are responsible for caring for the orphans until such time that they are adopted. That includes teaching them skills, such as walkign, talking, potty, homework ect. When I have decided which family is getting which orphan, I put them up for adoption using Simlogical's Teleporter shrub, so that when the family rings up to adopt, they get that child. Does that make sense? The Nanny & Social Worker are paid out of the Town Funds, and the Orphanage runs from Town Funds and the Adoption fees.

MsScrible- I haven't really played the Orphanage yet, but I'm expecting it to be busy! Thankfully there are two full time carers amongst the three toddlers, so that should help, and one of the toddlers will be adopted soon!
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 12:06 AM Last edited by funcioná!!! : 15th Jan 2011 at 12:17 AM.
I know that I never make comments unless they are negative, but I like the houses in this thread (almost all of them ). I made a house inspired by this one from Simcity 4.

Some things are different because of the limitations, other ones because I wanted, and other ones because I am lazy and I didn't want to look at the picture all the time. The house is empty for now, but when I furnish it it will probably be unplayable. The outside is not finished yet.

Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 5:19 AM
Omg, wgroome, how the hell do you get such awesome graphics?!?!

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 8:15 AM
I really love this topic (and even more I like "Favorite rooms").
You all can build such a beautiful houses.
Let me post my pics here too:

(I'm going to post interior pics. from this house too, in Favourite rooms)
Instructor
#143 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:16 PM Last edited by amora_selvagen : 20th Jan 2011 at 6:28 PM.
Default my gas station

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Test Subject
#144 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 8:51 PM
These 2 are houses I made for my big families. I rarely build because I tend to become obsessive , plus I suck at modern.

Scholar
#145 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 9:19 PM
Nissun, I love the power plant, it's amazing!
And Tenielle, as always, I love your pictures. I always wish I could play a copy of your hoods, they always look so amazing.

Well, I've never shared any pictures before but I decided to share a few of this apartment lot

The front of the lot.

The public area.

The entrance.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Forum Resident
#146 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 9:33 PM
Tenielle: I love both your lots, they looks cozy, but still very mysterious.
Nissun: Very unique!
lauretje86: I like it, I would totally get married there!
Triamod: Pretty! I love tiny modern houses!

Dolly's House

Scholar
#147 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 9:30 PM
Another neighbourhood, another apartment building...

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Undead Molten Llama
#148 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 8:50 PM
This thread is not allowed to be on the 2nd page of the forum! *laughs*

So I got Apartment Life the other day. In "celebration," I'm working on putting together a new neighborhood. It's kind of urban, though more like "edge of urban, but not quite suburban yet." I used the big city buildings neighborhood deco and kind of built around them and for once in my life I'm actually trying to make this 'hood fully decorated with neighborhood deco and stuff. All of the lots are community lots (parks and "public buildings and such) or apartment buildings or lots where there is a shop below and living quarters for the owner of the shop above, or detached rental houses.

For the latter, I decided to be a bit lazy and use some of plasticbox's Newbie Road houses instead of starting from scratch. I completely redecorated/refurnished them and then turned them into rental houses by slapping an apartment door on them and fencing in the back yards if they had a back door. Over the past couple of days, I've converted a whole street of mostly 2x1-lot Newbie Road houses plus a couple of 2x2s. 12 lots total, so far. It turns out that they range in rent from $400-$4000 a week, which is just about what I was aiming for. And I thought I'd show a few of the results. As I said, I did not build these. plasticbox did; I just redecorated and added stuff to them.

#9, which is one of the high-rent ones, obviously. It has a little pool in back. It's just around the corner from the hospital, so I'll probably stick someone pretty high up in the medical career in here:

#2, a teeny-weeny 2-bedroom one, but I think it's really cute. I put playground equipment in back, in anticipation of someone with a kid renting it.

#4, my favorite. It's a funky 1-bedroom barn-style house with the bedroom up in the loft. And for once, I like how the interior came out; it's all in lighter/sage-y greens with oak furniture. I put a greenhouse and a non-greenhouse garden in back, so I'm going to stick a shy, destined-to-stay-single/childless Sim in here and let him/her garden his/her little heart out.

And the cheapie, #7. "Yours" for $425 a week:

It's itty-bitty, just one 4x4 bedroom, a 3/4 bath, and teeny kitchen/eating/living area. But it'll house a childless couple well enough. And it's cute. And it's cheap, cheaper than any apartment in town, even one of the trailers on the "bad" side of town by the nuclear plant.

Anyway, I'm having a strange amount of fun with this. It makes me wonder if I'll ever actually play this neighborhood rather than just building/decorating it.

Forum Resident
#149 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 12:52 AM
Test Subject
#150 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:29 AM
A current house im working on :] its my first try at a house in the modern style, it needs more landscaping tho, im not so great at that xP. any opinions?

Page 6 of 39