Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#4126 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 1:18 AM
I ain't played since September... Ya'll bold for buying this pack... I'm gonna just keep playing TS2 and TS3 lol
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#4127 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 1:27 AM
What I can't get over about this pack in particular is that this is something that people have been outright begging for for years. Maybe not better weddings necessarily, but more romance-oriented packs and interactions.

They really had a chance to knock this out of the park and give the Sims community something they really wanted. Failure of the utmost high. The fact that this is still going on this late in the game is laughable, and honestly just sad.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4128 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 6:54 AM
And Carl got a lot of it together in a very short amount of time lol

And like Carl, I agree the event is boring if the bugs were patched. No spice, no drama, nothing of interest. Imagine dropping the cake when cutting it or falling when walking down the aisle,

Originally, when they said combinations for cakes, I assumed wedding cakes would be like ice cream: Pick cake flavor. Pick frosting. Pick topper, We didn’t even get that. We just got about 50 recipes to pick from.

I WISH we had more event options, especially with other packs installed. Furthermore, I wish these events mattered and could ruin the parties or wedding day if they’re weren’t done. Would love to see:
Photos (GTW), Espresso (GT), Cheers (GT), Fireworks (CL), Grand Meal (S), Open Gifts (S), Throw Cash (GF), Kava (IP), Bon Fire (IP), Make A Wish (Romantic Garden)

Lots of options - I especially love Kava and the Bon Fire for tropical weddings.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Smeg Head
#4129 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 9:08 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 21st Feb 2022 at 9:19 AM.
^^^^ Old Mrs Crumplebottom randomly turning up to bring the horror and drama to the romance. I haven't even seen what she's like in Cottage Living, so I don't know yet how far she goes to crush young love and berate sims being openly intimate. Knowing TS4 probably very mild, if at all, compared to her previous handbag-wielding incarnations. Perhaps a modder can work that in, she comes to ceremony as the harbinger of doom, because at least Maxis have given us the elements we need, if not having the aptitude nor the care to do it themselves. After all, that would be a case of needing dlc for dlc, and Maxis don't do that - unless for Pets or every other pack needed for Batuu, say what???!!!

Harbinger of Doom? Like there isn't enough unintentional, idiot doom in this wedding pack already.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4130 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 6:14 PM
I don't know who made that lounge in the new pack, but I didn't like it.

I'm making a replacement. Combination Wedding Venue & Nectary.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#4131 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 7:42 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 21st Feb 2022 at 11:30 PM.
I've been saying for 4 years that this game is broken

edit: (didn't want to double post)

Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
What I can't get over about this pack in particular is that this is something that people have been outright begging for for years. Maybe not better weddings necessarily, but more romance-oriented packs and interactions.

They really had a chance to knock this out of the park and give the Sims community something they really wanted. Failure of the utmost high. The fact that this is still going on this late in the game is laughable, and honestly just sad.

There will never be romance.

1-Because they are lazy to create animations of kisses and others things.
2-Because the game is as childish as possible and thanks to that they can continue with their scams shielded in the tone. (make out is considered visual sex nowadays?)
3-Because people keep buying their garbage and the numbers are the only thing that matters to them.

Anyway, it's embarrassing that they continue to release more and more garbage with a broken game in which the sims are bugged and do not obey anything. I mean it's always been this broken and they keep putting out more and more!!
Instructor
#4132 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
(make out is considered visual sex nowadays?)

Must be, because the Makeout option in Sims 4 looks like Gram-Gram and Pop-Pop being affectionate with each other.
Scholar
#4133 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:47 AM
The Jealous system is absolutely terrible, you can still flirt and date other sims, only worse case scenerio, your other might get a short-lived angry moodlet,
Instructor
#4134 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 7:33 AM
So I was just watching this:

And though I commend Carl's efforts, this is basically just slapping a tiny band-aid on a gaping wound.

It sickens me that it has come to this! EA does not deserve Carl's or anyone else's help. Let this broken and boring pack speak for itself on its release. People need to wake up and start holding EA accountable.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4135 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 1:08 PM
That’s always the excuse the community makes: “Modders will fix it.” They shouldn’t have to, but they do and will continue to do so. As long as modders are doing EA’s work, EA will not lift a finger to do something unless it will cost them money. The pack hasn’t even released and Carl has a fix for it.

In this instance, I will give EA some benefit of the doubt because game packs were fine until Covid hit. After that, they became absolute nightmares. The art assets are great (especially in DHD), but the lack of meaningful content and depth in both really hurt the packs.

This is likely why kits permeated all of 2021. Art doesn’t require the level of attention gameplay assets need, and probably why Wedding Stories features a world and lots of repurposed gameplay objects from previous packs.

However, while the developers have my sympathies (employee to employee), Kits have not been able to carry them they way they expected for them to. Across the numerous released we’ve had last year, the only substantial releases were a stuff pack and an expansion.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4136 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Many games have been published over the past 2 years. While there have certainly been flops within those two years, gaming companies have figured out how to deal with the whole work-from-home situation without all the drama. Why can't EA figure it out?

Games are notoriously difficult to produce when working next to someone. I can't imagine the difficulty of entirely teams of people working remotely.

However, that is no excuse to release a lackluster, unfinished product.

Mad Poster
#4137 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That’s always the excuse the community makes: “Modders will fix it.” They shouldn’t have to, but they do and will continue to do so. As long as modders are doing EA’s work, EA will not lift a finger to do something unless it will cost them money. The pack hasn’t even released and Carl has a fix for it.

In this instance, I will give EA some benefit of the doubt because game packs were fine until Covid hit. After that, they became absolute nightmares. The art assets are great (especially in DHD), but the lack of meaningful content and depth in both really hurt the packs.

This is likely why kits permeated all of 2021. Art doesn’t require the level of attention gameplay assets need, and probably why Wedding Stories features a world and lots of repurposed gameplay objects from previous packs.

However, while the developers have my sympathies (employee to employee), Kits have not been able to carry them they way they expected for them to. Across the numerous released we’ve had last year, the only substantial releases were a stuff pack and an expansion.

Could also be that the nature of the work determines how impacted it was by WFH policies.

I can understand things being easier for the art/graphics team (hence the reason for Kits, which are almost essentially remeshes of existing objects without new functions), but I would imagine that it's harder to WFH when dealing with complex code.
Field Researcher
#4138 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 6:45 PM
WTF are they even actually doing?
Smeg Head
#4139 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 7:04 PM
The worst aspect of Maxis and TS4 long predate Covid and Working from Home. That there is not one among us who has not suspected they release packs totally unchecked by game testers. Someone, anyone, please, just one fucking person, to play it before release and say, nope, this shit ain't working as planned.

The mountain of TS4 issues that EA Help is testament to, is exactly, exactly the evidence that no Maxis employee checks this shit before release, not even when passing versions for youtubers to showcase. Exactly, exactly that we are the only game testers they have, and we pay them for the privilege. It was not a fucking pandemic that hampered them all this time. From the beginning, it was due to them not having, - still is not having - one fucking employee who checks this shit, plays this shit for five minutes, before release to say, nope, it's not quite ready. Because if there is such an employee at Maxis, they are the worst person at their job who ever existed. To think, Maxis and TS4 could have been saved years ago by sacking this one, useless individual

But no, it's not down to one useless game tester who can't do their job properly. It's a whole team who cannot do their jobs properly. And as a team, - the crowd mentality psychology, - no-one takes the blame. And the eight-year culmination of this? Even when passing a pack for youtubers to showcase that is nothing short of a shit show, no-one takes the blame, no-one is embarrassed, because they are all fucking equally useless and don't give a shit. Go team Maxis. Business as usual.

Trust them for Sims 5 do you? You'd be a mug...

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4140 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 7:06 PM
What a patch. There will be no patch notes.

All we can tell that the patch added was more optional requirements for the wedding venue, which STILL isn't available for base game wedding events.

It's sad, really.

Instructor
#4141 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

But no, it's not down to one useless game tester who can't do their job properly. It's a whole team who cannot do their jobs properly. And as a team, - the crowd mentality psychology, - no-one takes the blame. And the eight-year culmination of this? Even when passing a pack for youtubers to showcase that is nothing short of a shit show, no-one takes the blame, no-one is embarrassed, because they are all fucking equally useless and don't give a shit. Go team Maxis. Business as usual...

I remember Graham Nardone laughing on his twitter account some years back about something concerning the World Adventures EP for TS3.

It had to do with the steam effect coming out of the Dragon's Maw tomb. He was supposed to make sure that it worked, but he just checked it off as fully functional without ever actually testing it--that is, until TS3 was over and done with--THEN he finally checked it. That's what he was laughing/relieved about; the fact that the effect was functioning as intended for all those years.

Now that particular example might seem like small potatoes to some, but imagine a series of small overlooked details that slowly lead to larger overlooked glitches and game-breaking bugs. This lack of professionalism is what led to TS4's current state, and the "gurus" have only themselves to blame. No amount of pandering, meme-posting or covid blaming is going to change that. Stop trying to be "relatable" and do your damn jobs!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4142 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 8:03 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 23rd Feb 2022 at 8:20 PM.
I bought this so you don't have to.

Edit: A moments after this, the cake reset back to a more full version of the same cake when "finished." I can't...

Edit 2: I was trying to create "party dancers" for a wedding venue, and you can't select it as a club location, nor does Tartosa show us as a location for club locations.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4143 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 9:43 PM
Here's another issue. We need a proper wedding cake display.

They can't be placed in the retail freeze, so a wedding cake's shelf life is a solid 24 hours, if you don't mind the clipping from the display.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#4144 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 9:55 PM
I can't browse Twitter since I don't have an account (and won't get one) so I can read about three comments on the official post - I just hope that they get A LOT OF HEAT.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4145 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 10:30 PM
Speaking of heat, kissing keeps happening autonomously.

This is a manager and employee, btw. No romantic interest whatsoever. I don't ask them to do this, they just do.

Then, you get random customers who also do it... I hate this game.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#4146 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 10:34 PM
This is honestly just more and more sad by the minute, that a professional developer (by that I mean from ostensibly a AAA studio) would put out such shoddy work and actually charge people for it - and just go on like business as usual.

I know TS3 had its problems, but at least it ended up in a decent state. I can't imagine how TS4 is going to be left behind at this point.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Field Researcher
#4147 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 11:05 PM Last edited by Eehna : 23rd Feb 2022 at 11:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Just a FYI: You don't need a account to read what is posted unless posts are marked private. I don't have a Twitter account either...

Yes I do. After a few scrolls I get a pop up to either register or log in, and I can't get past that.
Wouldn't state that I couldn't read if I could.

Clarification: It's the comments on the posts that is the problem. I can read three of them, that's it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4148 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 12:19 AM
Children can't drink tea from the tea set, and Sims will not drink tea while sitting at the kotatsu table.

Field Researcher
#4149 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
So I was just watching this:

And though I commend Carl's efforts, this is basically just slapping a tiny band-aid on a gaping wound.

It sickens me that it has come to this! EA does not deserve Carl's or anyone else's help. Let this broken and boring pack speak for itself on its release. People need to wake up and start holding EA accountable.

Have to agree. It’s also no good for console players. EA need to get their shit together. They won’t. There is too many people buying the pack knowing that it’s broken and all EA care about is sales.
Field Researcher
#4150 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Coeur : 24th Feb 2022 at 11:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
Yes I do. After a few scrolls I get a pop up to either register or log in, and I can't get past that.
Wouldn't state that I couldn't read if I could.

Clarification: It's the comments on the posts that is the problem. I can read three of them, that's it.

I have exactly the same problem as you have. It has been like that for about a week now. Very annoying. Don't know if it's just The Sims Twitter or others. Haven't checked.

Edit: my problems are solved as I can tell. Opened up for advertisements in my AdBlock and now I can scroll the Twitter site again

"Black is such a happy color" - Morticia Addams
Page 166 of 185