Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 1:43 AM
i still don't get it, could someone help me?
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 3:57 AM
Can't help based on your poste Ullman, because we can't look over your shoulder and see what your computer is doing. You must post *exactly* what you have managed to do, exactly what is confusing, exactly what step, any error messages (exactly) and so on. Then maybe then we can guess what you might need to help get you going again. And if it's just that you don't 'get it' by reading it, that doesn't matter, you just need to get all the tools you need, follow the installation directions for them all, and then start with the first step.
Test Subject
#53 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 4:21 AM
How do you open SimPE :sorry: im just new at this.
Thanks! :wavegbye:
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 4:44 AM
I don't know how to answer that, it's a program you have to install on your computer and then run it.
#55 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:19 AM
I need help! ok i dont have this MTS2 Mesh tool
where can i get it
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#56 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:21 AM
ullneverknow, there's a link to where to get it in the first post in this thread, ya silly goose.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:26 AM
Uhm bunnilover - go back to the SimPE site and get *all* the stuff that is needed, you should not be getting errors, if you are, you're missing something vital, and I cannot begin to diagose it, getting SimPE working is not my specialty.
#58 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 4:19 PM
Ok, Thankz!
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 1:24 AM
When i import to SimPE for some reason it just won't show in bodyshop or the game up and i followed the tutorial exactly

Ozzy Osbourne (The Prince Of Darkness) the greatst rocker of all time
retired moderator
#60 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 3:15 AM
Big_Evil_527, I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'it just won't show up'. Is the clothing recolour linked to your mesh file not showing up at all? You should have verified that it's working fine linked up to your mesh in step 28... If your changes are not appearing when you take a look at your mesh, make sure you're actually right-clicking and replacing the GMDC in the package, committing, and saving; don't use the Import button. I've had a similar result when I forget and Import instead of Replace.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 3:40 PM
yes when i uploaded the new exported mesh in step 47-49 in SimPE then saved the mesh closed SimPE opened bodyshop and the recolor looked exactly the same also happend in the game also when i checked step 27 it was working fine

Ozzy Osbourne (The Prince Of Darkness) the greatst rocker of all time
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:52 PM
Well, step 27 (with the mesh not changed) it's not definite that everything was done correctly.

So let's go over the places where there could be a mistake made.

1) they edit the file in the projects folder instead of the *saved sims* folder

2) they are working on a copy of their mesh that's not in the downloads folder.

3) there is some error in how they're replacing their mesh

4) they are looking to see the changed mesh using saved project instead of 'create a new project' in bodyshop - or they see the thumbnail is unchanged and don't click on it to examine the mesh on the sim; thumbnails are only generated once, they will not change with updates. (don't worry, everyone else will see things looking fine if you share your sim - or just make a fresh recolor)

When you open your mesh file in SimPE and click on the gdmc - can you then hit the preview button (in the plugin) and see your changed mesh? If so, then #3 is not the issue.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 9:27 PM Last edited by spmjcom : 22nd Apr 2006 at 9:34 PM.
Um when i go to export my mesh it doesn't have the option. it says error!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
retired moderator
#64 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 10:05 PM
spmjcom, you need to get this for that DirectX error.

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 10:23 PM
thanks soo much

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
Test Subject
#66 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 12:43 AM
i followed all the steps and everything was going fine until the last step where you have to go back to bodyshop and view your saved mesh. i saved it in milkshape and everything and then i closed it and went into SimPE and did everything and saved it, but then when i went to bodyshop the dress was unchanged but it still had the * up the top of the dress. so what did i do wrong? please help
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 1:03 AM
Well, first, open your mesh file with simpe. Click on the gdmc. In the plugin area, click on preview and the use your mouse to rotate the mesh you'll see in the blue box. Do you see your new mesh?

If you do not see the changed mesh, you need to try to bring your mesh in again, try right clicking and REPLACE (not import)

If you go to the view the mesh and it's STILL not changed, then you need to go repeat the part with meshtool, because your new gdmc isn't your changed file. (Part IV) on. Make sure you're reading in the NEW obj file that you saved after editing, not the original.
Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 1:31 AM
ok, i opened the mesh file, but what is the gdmc? i only have 4, one is named : geometric node: myfirstmeshtutorialdress-afbodydresslongloose_tslocator_gmnd
number 2 is named: geometric data container: afbodydresslongloose_tslocator_gmdc
number 3 is named: resource node: myfirstmeshtutorialdress-afbodydresslongloose_tslocator_cres
and numebr 4 is named: shape: myfirstmeshtutorialdress-afbodydresslongloose_untagged0_shpe
so which one do i press on, i pressed on the geometric data container one, is that right? when i did i pressed preview and it didnt show any changes to the mesh as you said, but then how do i bring the mesh in again? what do i press for it to say replace?
retired moderator
#69 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 1:33 AM
burnout, it says "Geometric Data Container (GMDC)" in the resource tree, so yes, a Geometric Data Container is a GMDC. Reread step 52. It tells you how to replace it.

Please go back and reread everything really, really carefully and follow exactly what it says to do. You may want to actually start over and do it over again from the beginning to make sure you're getting everything... And please stop posting and then deleting... you can edit your post if you need to change something.

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 1:46 PM Last edited by spmjcom : 23rd Apr 2006 at 2:56 PM. Reason: i forgot somthing
Default Ok
new problem. I made my mesh and i have made it pretty nicely. it work and i can see it on body shop but... the hair isn't on the head.
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 3:43 PM
omg i dont even no how 2 download to program 2 make meshes can sum1 tell me were i can get it?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 9:01 PM
burnout181 - oops, seems I am dsylexic on GMDC sometimes (although the screenshots always show the right thing) I'll go fix and 'gdmc's in the tutorial right now. It says GMDC part of the time in my text and GDMC part of the time, although I also wrote out the text 'Geometric Data Container' almost all the time.

spmjcom, wow hair! It looks like during your edit you accidently moved the hair. But on another count, I found that when I took my single test hair from Meshtool into the game, it displayed oddly. I had someone say they *had* successfully edited hair with Meshtool in the past, and I've had too many things pulling me in various directions for me to do full research. I've been doing hair with Unimesh.

sianny12 Uhm, omg, first please type in full english on the site. Secondly, the tutorial starts with info about where to get things, so I'm at a loss for how to answer you.
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 5:28 AM
Thank you so much, i read through some of the replies after trying this late last night and having it not work and after reading through them i found some of the problems i had questions to answered and i successfully completed the tutorial tonight. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 2:38 PM
Hello tiggerypum, I'm a french girl, so I don't understand very good your tutorial ... Do you know a french site where there are tutorials ? Thanks !

ps: Now I'm going to see the others tutorials on this site... Perhaps they'll be less difficult (and complete) ! Kiss
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 2:39 PM
Problem ! =s
Hello tiggerypum, I'm a french girl, so I don't understand very good your tutorial ... Do you know a french site where there are tutorials ? Thanks !

ps: Now I'm going to see the others tutorials on this site... Perhaps they'll be less difficult (and complete) ! Kiss
Page 3 of 21