Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#101 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 5:32 AM
Default Raven's Hollow: A Legacy (Part 12)
“Listen... you probably won't believe me but I have nothing left to lose. I might as well tell you the truth.” Tucker started pacing. “This is all Mayor Donovan's plot.”

Aleydis snorted. “You expect me to believe that the mayor has some vested interest in my being attacked? That's crazy.”

“I know how it sounds, but really, you wouldn't believe how twisted this has all become, all because of Wyndham Hall.”

Her blood froze in her veins. “What does this have to do with the Hall?”

“You really don't know do you? Baron Hawthorne Wyndham had a fortune hidden somewhere in the Hall. No one knows how he managed to amass so much wealth. There are rumors... Anyway, when the family was forced to flee, it remained behind. The mayor and the city council have wanted to get at that for years but the land still belonged to your family line. Your father could have taken ownership at any time but he had no interest, to the benefit of the council who could snoop around as they pleased. Then you came. Your dad signed his rights over to you, giving you complete control of the land. The mayor knew he couldn't even peek at it to try to find anything with the true owner present, and worse, starting to restore it. You might even discover the treasure he covets for himself.” Tucker took a deep breath and shuddered. “I was ordered to befriend you in any way necessary...”

Aleydis goggled at him. “You... you drugged my champagne when we met didn't you? You couldn't know about my problems with alcohol then, you must have wanted some insurance I'd do as you wanted... You rat! I don't know why I am even listening to this.” Her curiosity getting the better of her, she simply glared at him rather than kicking him out. “So what were you supposed to do once you... 'befriended' me?”

“Nothing... at that point. Keep you occupied and slow down the restoration if I could. The permits I obtained so quickly for you were fakes. If you'd tried to break ground, the city would have halted everything until you got new, proper permits. When you discovered that book, Mayor Donovan feared that it might have something to do with the Baron, even reveal the location of his fortune. Luckily for you, it was illegible. Look, the mayor is power-mad and lusts for money. He doesn't care who he hurts, what lives he destroys! This town is secluded and small, he can do pretty much whatever he wants and get away with it... The council just covers it up... If you'd found anything in that book, I think he might have had you killed instead of just having it stolen.”

“This is insane! You're trying to tell me there's some conspiracy surrounding a mythical treasure on my family's land? And the mayor wants to KILL me?!”

“I know, I know it sounds crazy...”

“Damn right it does.” Aleydis glanced piercingly at him. “And just how do you fit into this? Are you after my supposed fortune too?”

Tucker's woebegone look almost made her pity him. Almost. “I would never hurt someone purposefully. Remember how you asked me why I was working as an architect here, where there's little work beyond basic construction, instead of in Sim City? I... couldn't work there. There was... an incident... Mayor Donovan found out about it, he knew my parents. He covered it up and I moved here where no one would know. He's blackmailing me, Aly! I have to do what he wants! If not, he'll tell everyone...”

“Tell everyone what?”
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 6:18 AM
Ooh... a scandal? Can't wait to hear what he's about to say...

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 8:01 AM
AHH TELL HER WHAT!!!
i love this story
Inventor
#104 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 4:57 PM
Oh you bad, bad cliffhanger-writer you!! :laugh: She should get the FBI on the mayor's ass! :D
#105 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 5:37 PM
Dun. Dun. Dun!! oOO! This is getting very good. Keep up the excelent work!!
Scholar
#106 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 4:16 PM
I just got caught up, great chapters I want the gen!
Test Subject
#107 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:34 AM
AHH I wanna know!!
Great chapter, update soon :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#108 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 9:19 PM
Default Raven's Hollow: A Legacy (Part 13)
Tucker paced like a caged animal, his eyes darting back and forth in nervousness. Aleydis could see a fine mist of sweat beading on his forehead. He threw a glance out the window at the lengthening shadows. “Haven't you ever wondered why I only suggested lunch meetings? Why your cats hate me? The only times I spent the night with you were accidents. Lucky for me...” He resumed pacing. “Lucky for me it was never when there was a full moon.”

Aleydis placed a protective hand on her belly. “Just what are you saying?” Her skin prickled as she remembered the night she had the panic attack walking home. The same feeling was rising and she could almost smell the metallic tang of fear on herself.

Tucker took a breath, flaring his nostrils. “Maybe I should just show you.”

A shaft of moonlight broke through the clouds, brightening the night sky. Tucker convulsed, doubled over in pain. Aleydis was horror-struck as she watched his face seem to melt and reform in slow motion. There was a hideous sound of snapping bones, mixed with something wetter, meatier. His arms and legs seemed to lengthen, tearing his clothing. Hair sprouted everywhere. Claws burst forth from his hands and feet and she had a sense of sharp, sharp teeth. Tucker's breathing was harsh and labored. In mindless terror, Aleydis dropped heavily to the floor and scrabbled backwards, her eyes wide and pupils constricted. Her back hit the wall and she swallowed a sob. This is not happening, this can't be happening...

Tucker turned slowly, scenting the air. He let out an ear-splitting howl and she could hear the echoes of other wolves joining the moonlight song. Every hair on her body pricked up and she had to fight not to lose control of her bladder. He walked towards her and she closed her eyes, trying to draw breath into her frozen lungs. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god... I'm going to die... My baby... No...

“Aly?” His voice sounded strange, deeper and slightly slurred. “Aly, I won't hurt you or our baby, you know that. I'm... still me...”

A hysterical laugh escaped her lips. “Are you fucking kidding me?”

“I've learned to curb my less-than-human instincts over the years, Aly. I can maintain control when I change.” Tucker reached out to touch her and she recoiled.

“I was right when I said you were a monster! Oh god, I've fallen into a nightmare! Alice down the rabbit hole!” She let out a bark of humorless laughter. “I've lost it, this can't be real. I'm going to wake up in a straightjacket!”

“Don't you think I wish this was a dream?!” Tucker growled. “I wish I could wake up and be normal again! You have no idea...” He stalked around the room. “Get off the floor. I won't hurt you. GET UP.”

Terrified by this aggressive contrast to his normal submissive soft-spokenness, Aleydis complied. Pain rippled over her belly. She forced herself to take a breath and let it out slowly as a second contraction gripped her. “Oh god no, it's too soon!”

Scholar
#109 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 9:22 PM
#110 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 9:50 PM
I was not expcting that!

Great update!!!! :D
Test Subject
#111 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 2:31 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! how many monthes along is she????/?
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 6:10 AM
What an interesting twist! That explains a lot...

Hope the baby is alright.

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
#113 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 6:18 AM
Well, that was un-expected.

Great update though.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:54 PM
Wow, very muscled werewolf

Didn't expect this either...

Ab fab story :P
#115 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 2:12 PM
Wow this is such an excellent story ... I love it so far =]
Test Subject
#116 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 7:33 PM
OMG! WOW! I don't quite know what to say, every chapter theres something new and original and not at all what I think is going to happen! I love it! I do hope the poor baby is alright and Aleydis...:S
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 10:02 PM
Wow! Never expected that Tucker could be so fierce-like. He's such a sad human figure. I hope the baby is okay! :D
Test Subject
#118 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 10:30 PM
I'm loving the story!
Can't wait for the next update, hope the baby's okay =]

<3
Test Subject
#119 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 3:07 PM
This is a great story, I can't wait for the next update!
#120 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 5:01 PM
Wow! This story gets more and more suspenseful. That is one of the best sim werewolves I've seen. Whoa. Who knew Tucker had it in him.

Something is wrong with the post though, because if you are reading it in the storyview mode, it isn't listed as a chapter. I only noticed it when I went into comments.

Great story though! I can't wait to read more.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:39 PM
omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never saw that coming!!! that was brilliant...............I have never played teh werewolves before..............is that what they look like?....lol
Great, great update........I wonder what the baby will look like:D
fantastic Brilliantcat!
#122 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 9:42 PM
I don't read many Sims stories because I have the attention span of a goldfish, but I really liked your title image (shallow much? xD) so I started reading, and it was good, so I read all of it so far and now I want you to update like now. :o

Hooray for castles, one-night-stands, werewolves, and unplanned pregnancies!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#123 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 6:00 AM
I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it, particularly my "twist" I've had that planned since I started writing and tried to hint at it with the cats' reaction to Tucker but it was subtle. I wanted it to be a surprise. I was a little afraid the supernatural might turn some readers off but I've gotten such a positive response here and on LJ where I've crossposted it.

Eek thanks for the heads-up on the chapter, it seems I forgot to put a title for it so it wasn't added to the chapter listing. Should be fixed now!

That is definitely NOT what Maxis werewolves look like! They're basically hairy humans, at least in looks. I wanted a more traditional, scary werewolf and I found this awesome mesh at Insim and I simply HAD to use it. As I remarked to someone on LJ, Tucker is wussy enough as a human. If he were a vanilla werewolf, he'd be picked on by the other werewolves

There are definitely more surprises to come
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#124 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 6:08 AM
Default Raven's Hollow: A Legacy (Part 14)
A white glow suffused her vision. Floating like a bit of flotsam on the ocean floor, Aleydis blinked to clear her view but the glow simply intensified. Her feet touched something solid and she lurched, trying to regain her balance. She couldn't make out anything, everything was white. In spite of the strangeness of her surroundings, Aleydis felt almost peaceful, safe. A speck of black in the distance grew larger and larger until it resolved into something resembling a human shape. Her vision blurred, a nimbus of light shielding the figure from view.

It spoke.

In a voice feather-soft and quiet, androgynous. The gentle rise and fall of syllables making no sense but somehow soothing anyway. A sharp, sudden pain startled Aleydis and the hooded figure seemed to waver like light under water. She could make out other voices, frantically calling for her. The ethereal voice continued, so soft that she had to strain to make out the sound.

“Wait!” Aleydis heard herself begging. She felt like she could almost understand... if she just had a moment more... The figure turned, half-shadowed, and Aleydis thought she glimpsed the curve of a smile. A gentle hand touched her stomach. The fluid voice resonated in her mind. “Do not worry. Your daughter needs you. She is the key.”

The glow blotted out and Aleydis felt like she was mired in quicksand. Fading, shapes began to emerge in the room. Pain, burning in her veins, pulled her to wakefulness. A hospital room. Worried-looking doctors and nurses. Tears pricked her eyes until she realized her hand was resting on her belly. A still-pregnant belly. Grief turned to joy.

“Ms. Wyndham, can you hear me?”

Aleydis tried to form a sentence but settled for a grunt of pain as fire raced up her arm.

“Ms. Wyndham? We're giving you some medication. You might feel some burning. It will help you relax. We thought it was a seizure, you set all the monitors off.” A kindly-looking grey-haired doctor gazed down at her. “You almost lost the baby and it is imperative that you relax and stay calm. We have you on an intravenous drip, fluids and a medication called terbutaline to stop contractions. We're giving you steroids in case labor starts again, it helps protect the baby's lungs. We'll start you on some antibiotics as a precaution as well, premature babies have poor immune systems. You're going to have to stay on bed rest for the remainder of your pregnancy.”

“Bbb... baby?” She struggled to form the word.

“She's doing well. Your labor has completely stopped and there was no harm to the fetus. Your cervix remained closed, that's a good sign.”

“How... how long? What happened?”

“You've been here for almost a week. From what I understand, you went into pre-term labor and a Mr. London called an ambulance. By the time they arrived, you were unconscious. We were able to give medications to stop the labor, as I explained. Speaking of Mr. London, he's been here every day to check on you. Would you like me to call him for you?”

Hair. So much hair. Claws. Teeth. Ripping. Shredding. No... gentle. Cupping her face, concerned. Clumsy paws dialing a phone. Sharp. Kind. Monstrous.

“I...” Too exhausted to fight the sedative further, Aleydis slipped into unconsciousness.

Lab Assistant
#125 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 6:20 AM
great chapter!! love it:D
looking forward to your next update!
Locked thread | Locked by: boolPropped Reason: Outdated
Page 5 of 6