Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#151 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
Because this look just screams "luxury party" and not "morning after rave mugshot". EA, you've nailed it again!

That's how they do it in The Capitol.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#152 Old 19th May 2015 at 7:41 PM
Because this look just screams "luxury party" and not "morning after rave mugshot". EA, you've nailed it again!

Love the colors you chose for the makeup. Oops, I forgot. No CAST. So, they came like that out of the box?
Instructor
#153 Old 19th May 2015 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Well, it's available now. Not sure when or if I'm getting it, though the trailer song was catchy. :P

I know right! I love most of their TS4 trailer songs, but especially Lolo - Hit and Run.
Scholar
#154 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:14 PM

Omg! LOL
Don't look at it too long, it will burn into your retinas.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#155 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Love the colors you chose for the makeup. Oops, I forgot. No CAST. So, they came like that out of the box?

I'm trying to imagine what skin tone would best compliment the subtle nuances of the ketchup and mustard color palette...Is jaundice an option?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:29 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 19th May 2015 at 9:57 PM.
*Sipping on tea and basking in the shade while I reinstall TS3*

Edit:

Level 4 cooking to put cheese in the fountain & level 8 to put caramel in a fountain, but chocolate is immediate? And the cooking skill improves drinks?

http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-luxury-party-stuff-guide/

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#157 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:59 PM
This stuff pack isn't that different from the craptastic stuff packs we had in the sims 3. Anyone remeber 70's, 80's, 90's, or how about movie stuff or sweet treat stuff never touched that stuff but still got them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#158 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:03 PM
...we do not talk about Movie Stuff in public.

Theorist
#159 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Part of me wants to get this SP because it's such a good deal. But another part of me keeps going "....you're never gonna use ANY of that stuff. Definitely not those tacky-ass glitter clothes"

I was tempted just to add a new level of play to my games. Delete fridge and all kitchin stuffs. Add buffet table. Instant (and possible substantial) noms without the hour wait to make breakfast.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
One Minute Ninja'd
#160 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
...we do not talk about Movie Stuff in public.

.............let alone Sweet Treats....................
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#161 Old 19th May 2015 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
.............let alone Sweet Treats....................

My favorite part of the pack was the ability to make a candy and ice cream shop, complete with candy dishes, signs and themed deco, but no actual ice cream or candy to buy.

Field Researcher
#162 Old 19th May 2015 at 11:20 PM
There's kind of an interesting thread over on the official boards where people are posting their screenshots:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...st-your-pics/p1

I have to say that many of the female clothes and makeup look a hell of a lot better in some of those screenshots than they do in the official marketing. Some of the makeup and clothes look especially good on aliens.
Theorist
#163 Old 20th May 2015 at 12:34 AM
Waiting to see what next week's Memorial Day sale will have in store (if anything), and if not that, then Origin Summer Sale in June/July whenever Steam does theirs.

The hair looks really nice, and some of the dresses are doable for me, also liking the look of the bar...
Inventor
#164 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:21 AM
I'm liking how they are adding new songs in each pack. Macy Grays' s "Hand" is amazing
Mad Poster
#165 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
I have to say that many of the female clothes and makeup look a hell of a lot better in some of those screenshots than they do in the official marketing. Some of the makeup and clothes look especially good on aliens.
Thanks for the link. The make-up is making me think of the Hunger Games, which is kind of cool. I'm iffy about the clothing. I like the overall styles/shapes, except maybe where the dresses are really low cut or have strange cut-outs. Also...there are a lot of sparkles.. Still on the fence with this one. Living the lifestyle of the rich and famous is not really my thing and my Sims don't really party too much nor have lots of $$$ for extravagant shin-digs. I think the hair and the fountains are the biggest draws for me.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...st-your-pics/p1

The outfits look even worse in-game. Thanks for this. Now I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#167 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:45 AM

.................. I don't think there are any words that will adequately describe how atrocious that makeup is. Especially with no CAST.
Edit - On looking through the "showcase" thread linked, some of the so called evening gowns appear painted on, rather than actual clothing. The neckline on one doesn't look quite natural, and the "sequins" on another are all blurry around the chest area. Also the suit that looks like it was rolled in broken glass looks even worse in gold than it did in silver in the promo pic.
Ugh.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Instructor
#168 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:46 AM

Is that what happens when you stick your lips in the mustard and ketchup bowls simultaneously?
Mad Poster
#169 Old 20th May 2015 at 1:54 AM
LGR has a review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mza...ture=youtu.be&a

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#170 Old 20th May 2015 at 2:10 AM
This dress would be so much better if the sides weren't cut and it and didn't have....whatever those lines are. I guess that's supposed to be sequin.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#171 Old 20th May 2015 at 2:11 AM
I'm glad I skipped on buying this. After seeing the pictures of everything it comes with, I think I'd only ever use a few of the hairstyles and maybe a necklace. That's just not enough to be worth it for me to buy it. The objects aren't really my style and I think the clothes are tacky.
Instructor
#172 Old 20th May 2015 at 2:38 AM Last edited by XtraSim : 21st May 2015 at 6:36 AM.
only thing i'd want is the fountain everything else you can find better CC out there in the community.

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Top Secret Researcher
#173 Old 20th May 2015 at 2:41 AM
A few months ago, SimGuruLyndsay said they looked at what people were downloading on cc sites, and decided to make a lacey top because lace was popular. I thought, "Wow EA- poaching ideas from cc creators". Now after seeing the stuff from this pack I thought, "Please EA, poach ideas from cc creators".

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
One Minute Ninja'd
#174 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pary
.................. I don't think there are any words that will adequately describe how atrocious that makeup is. Especially with no CAST.
Edit - On looking through the "showcase" thread linked, some of the so called evening gowns appear painted on, rather than actual clothing. The neckline on one doesn't look quite natural, and the "sequins" on another are all blurry around the chest area. Also the suit that looks like it was rolled in broken glass looks even worse in gold than it did in silver in the promo pic.
Ugh.

That makeup sure is something. Maybe if this were a Circus SP, it might work. But man, for a "luxe" pack, it really misses the mark.

And you're right, those gowns look photoskinned on, rather than even a proper mesh. I hated that look in cc for TS3 when creators would use it, never mind now paying EA for it.

As for the suit. Well, I can't picture even a fashion impaired pimp would be caught wearing something like that. Unless that glasslike stuff is really some metallic weave that serves as ballistic protection. Even then, honestly, I'd rather just take the bullet than walk around in that.

It's interesting that for the first EP, they were pretty ambitious. They knew they needed to make up lost ground, and put a lot of effort into those active careers, and even the retail OFB stuff, flawed as it might have been. But this for their first SP, even at only $10, makes me really wonder if they even care if folks buy this stuff or not.

But I guess the fountains are kinda nice, though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#175 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:40 AM
Let's be real... if the cared, "Glitter The Night Away" wouldn't be the first expansion in a game already rich with party stuff from release.

With TS3, there felt like opportunity was every corner. Most of what came out was lack, but there was hope. With TS4, I'm not getting that. Where am I supposed to use this stuff? It's not like its overwhelmingly versatile, what with everything shimmering.

I feel like even with the chosen theme, they could have been more careful with the execution.

Page 7 of 141