Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 6:04 AM Last edited by Night Fev3r : 18th Dec 2014 at 2:37 AM.
Default Sims 4 - Legacy Challenge: "SimLocke" (A Harder Legacy Challenge)
I'm new to the Sims, the only game I have and played is the Sims 4, but I'm definitely not new to unofficial game challenges.

The Legacy Challenge seemed like it could satisfy my need for a challenge; however, I found it too easy.
Sure, you started off dirt poor, but once you have a basic set up, it's smooth sailing. Especially since raising romance is super easy, even with people already in a relationship.
There is also no real failure state, the only one I can think of is to not have an heir, but it's so easy to get one.

So, I decided to try and make a harder version of the Legacy Challenge, a mix of more challenging rules. Rules that introduce more failure states.
I have a few that I think are good, but we still need more, so let's come up with some! :D

Some of the basic rules still apply.
● Unlike the standard rules, you may choose any lot.
● Purchase the Knight of the Octagon Table decoration and place it in your family inventory.
- It cannot be sold at any time, it must remain their for the entirety of the challenge
● If you choose a 50x50 lot, you will normally be left with §1,800.
- If you chose a smaller lot, use cheats to set your simoleons to §1,800.
● You cannot merge other Sims into your household unless they are your spouse.
- Your spouse cannot bring any simoleons into the household when merging.
● You may not change a Sim's current aspiration, unless they fully complete it.
Update! 12/12
● For now, ten generations is the goal.
- Not sure if it's too easy, yet. Feedback is welcome! :3

The "SimLocke" rules:
● You must use a randomizer for Aspiration and Traits: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/trait-randomiser
● Unlike the standard rules, the lifespan must be set to "short."
● Unlike the standard rules, a Sim may not use an anti-aging item.
● Unlike the standard rules, you may not plead to save a Sim's life (nor can they be brought back from the dead).
● You must create a Graveyard (or Urnyard) somewhere on your lot.
- Any Sim in the family may have their Grave or Urn placed there.
● Ghosts cannot be invited to the household.
- However, they are free to roam your house, become friends, etc. You just can't add them to the household.
● Your Sim cannot "Try for Baby" unless:
- Their partner's Friendship bar is "Good Friends" or higher.
- Their partner's Romance bar matches, or is higher than, their Friendship bar.
- Both Sims must have also gone on three successful (c̶o̶n̶s̶e̶c̶u̶t̶i̶v̶e̶?) dates.
- (12/17)) At least three dates must receive a Gold Medal.
*Update! (minor)12/16, 12/17
- (12/16) Your founder/heir can only date another Sim if they know all of their traits.
● Only a child of the opposite gender of the current heir may become the heir.
- In the case of twins or triplets, pick your favourite (or flip a coin).
- Children who are not the heir ("Spares") must be kicked out of the house when they reach the Young Adult stage.
- Children's Aspirations and Traits must be randomized.
*UPDATE!
So, whilst starting a new Legacy under these rules, I came across something that takes away from the difficulty: bumming off of others.
I set up my plum shack then went to the Landgraab's to mooch of their comfortable beds, appliances and easel (for money).
Since the whole point of this "SimLocke" is to make Legacy challenges difficult and challenging, I've decided to add a new rule:
● No mooching.
- Your Sim, nor their heir, may visit other households with the intent to use their furnishing from a lack of their own.
- This should only really affect your start-up, but it takes from the difficulty nonetheless, so no moochin'.
- *12/07* This includes public resources such as parks, libraries, etc.
- To clear potential confusion: your Sims may use other Sims' utilities and public resources; however, not if the intent is to get around the lack of your own Sim's utilities.
*UPDATE!
● No pre-mature age-up.
- You may not use birthday cakes or potions to make your Sim advance a life stage unless their "Days until Age Up" is at "0."

Optional: Extras - Modded.
● "Role Reversal."
For those looking for an added challenge or SimLocke replay value!
Using the Babies for Everyone mod: a male heir must be birthed by a pregnant father.
- All other "Try for Baby" requirements must be met.
- Male children birthed from a pregnant woman are considered "spares."

I recommend Zerbu's Cradle-to-Grave Modpack. It adds additional features to each life stage. Such as Children losing fun at x2 speed. It makes the SimLocke more challenging.

Those are all the new rules I've come up with to make Legacy Challenges more difficult. Let's try to come up with more!
Share ideas and discuss! ^O^
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 3:44 AM
Might give this a try.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 12:11 PM
Sounds Fun :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Aranel
Might give this a try.

Quote: Originally posted by MeowSimmers
Sounds Fun :D

It is quite fun, and challenging ^-^
My Sim is about to go into the final life stage but her kid still hasn't reached their Teen life stage, I don't know what's going to happen D:
I could look it up, but it would be more fun to find out on my own xD
Hope it doesn't result in a failure state :P
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 9:25 PM
Are there any restrictions when it comes to jobs? I'm enjoying this challenge, by the way. My founder is finally married and pregnant after just having her three successful dates and all the relationship requirements. I sure hope it will be a boy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 5:06 PM
Are there any restrictions when it comes to jobs? I'm enjoying this challenge, by the way. My founder is finally married and pregnant after just having her three successful dates and all the relationship requirements. I sure hope it will be a boy.

That's great :D
My heirs father died before he reached the Child Stage. Short lifespan is brutal o.o
Mm, I can't think of any game-breaking jobs. If anything, jobs add to the difficulty; time being sapped that could be used for producing an heir! Haha.
Have you found a job that breaks the challenge? Or anything that breaks it in general? Anyone is free to propose rules :D

Do keep in mind that it's a "harder" version, we're not trying to make it impossible xD Just targeting things that make Legacy Challenges too easy =]

Good luck on having a boy! ^w^
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Fev3r
That's great :D
My heirs father died before he reached the Child Stage. Short lifespan is brutal o.o
Mm, I can't think of any game-breaking jobs. If anything, jobs add to the difficulty; time being sapped that could be used for producing an heir! Haha.
Have you found a job that breaks the challenge? Or anything that breaks it in general? Anyone is free to propose rules :D

Do keep in mind that it's a "harder" version, we're not trying to make it impossible xD Just targeting things that make Legacy Challenges too easy =]

Good luck on having a boy! ^w^

Uh oh. What happened after that?
So far, I have been going without Ailyn, my founder, having a job. I've just been having her collect and fish, so I'm actually kind of struggling with money to be honest. But I do see your point of jobs making it more difficult to have time for producing an heir. Maybe we could just have the heir have a job, if they really needed one for money, and have the rest of the household, like the spouse or the teenage spares not have any jobs? Sorry I'm not really good at coming up with stuff for challenges. But I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

Thanks! Fortunately, Ailyn had a boy on the first try, so I got lucky there. I named him Collyn. He's already one day from becoming a teen. Ailyn's husband Curtis is already an elder, and she is about half way to becoming one, so I may have them try for one more, just for a spare. Hopefully another boy. If not, it doesn't really matter, as long as nothing happens to Collyn.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 12:23 PM
Uh oh. What happened after that?
So far, I have been going without Ailyn, my founder, having a job. I've just been having her collect and fish, so I'm actually kind of struggling with money to be honest. But I do see your point of jobs making it more difficult to have time for producing an heir. Maybe we could just have the heir have a job, if they really needed one for money, and have the rest of the household, like the spouse or the teenage spares not have any jobs? Sorry I'm not really good at coming up with stuff for challenges. But I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

Thanks! Fortunately, Ailyn had a boy on the first try, so I got lucky there. I named him Collyn. He's already one day from becoming a teen. Ailyn's husband Curtis is already an elder, and she is about half way to becoming one, so I may have them try for one more, just for a spare. Hopefully another boy. If not, it doesn't really matter, as long as nothing happens to Collyn.

Since my current founder, Nancy, is basically the test run I'm not taking it too "seriously." So I chose the first guy who walked past her house, which was Mortimer Goth. He was already old so he died because of the short lifespan... poor Benjamin (heir) =[

Haha, sounds like a funny situation, having to fish for money ^.^
I have Nancy painting for a living. Masterpieces are not as rare as the game tells me, she's made like twenty =_=
Not too sure what the approach on jobs will be. I had an idea that involves the Teen Careers for All Ages mod; but since some people prefer vanilla, felt kind of wrong to make it a rule.
If anyone else is playing this challenge: what is your experience with jobs? Do they make the challenge much easier? Harder? Please let us know =]

'Grats on Collyn ^~^
... really hope Nancy doesn't die before Benjamin ages up, I feel it'll result in a failure state =S
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Fev3r
Since my current founder, Nancy, is basically the test run I'm not taking it too "seriously." So I chose the first guy who walked past her house, which was Mortimer Goth. He was already old so he died because of the short lifespan... poor Benjamin (heir) =[

Haha, sounds like a funny situation, having to fish for money ^.^
I have Nancy painting for a living. Masterpieces are not as rare as the game tells me, she's made like twenty =_=
Not too sure what the approach on jobs will be. I had an idea that involves the Teen Careers for All Ages mod; but since some people prefer vanilla, felt kind of wrong to make it a rule.
If anyone else is playing this challenge: what is your experience with jobs? Do they make the challenge much easier? Harder? Please let us know =]

'Grats on Collyn ^~^
... really hope Nancy doesn't die before Benjamin ages up, I feel it'll result in a failure state =S

That sucks. Curtis died shortly after Collyn became a teen, and while Ailyn was pregnant with her daughter Aishlyn, who is now a child.
And it is definitely interesting too. Despite her high fishing level, the fish don't seem to like Ailyn very much. But I've only had her fish at the fishing spots in front of her house so far. Anyway, either way, whether having a job or not seems to give a bit of a challenge, depending on what the sim does for money.

Thanks. Good luck with Nancy and Benjamin.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 6:58 PM
I have a question. Is it like the original and its for 10 generations or is it more generations?
Sorry, you don't mention it
:P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
I have a question. Is it like the original and its for 10 generations or is it more generations?
Sorry, you don't mention it
:P

Oops, haha. Wonder how I missed that xD
Ten sounds good. Looking at it, ten seems short with short lifespan, but it's also pretty challenging (right? I need feedback here D, so it seems like a good goal?
Ten is good, in theory. So let's go with that =]

Hi! Let us know your experience and thoughts on the challenge level, all feedback is welcome :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 2:04 PM
Well, I just had Collyn and his wife have three children in a row. I had to hurry because his wife was a day away from becoming an elder after having their first child.The first two were boys, and then I finally got a girl. Thank goodness. The house is pretty full now, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:18 PM
Well, I just had Collyn and his wife have three children in a row. I had to hurry because his wife was a day away from becoming an elder after having their first child.The first two were boys, and then I finally got a girl. Thank goodness. The house is pretty full now, though.

Congrats! ^O^
Just in time, haha xD

I'm using the Inteen mod (allows teen pregnancy). Gives my teenage heir
and advantage; however, I feel as if it's "cheating."
Will probably avoid "Try for Baby" with a teen during the SimLocke, as it adds to the challenge~

12/16: Added a minor update and an additional optional challenge rule~

Hope everyone trying out the challenge is having fun! :D
And don't forget to suggest any ideas and give feedback ^w^
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 6:32 PM
So apparently I have been playing the legacy challenge the hard way this entire time(gen 8)... I guess if your gping to do it do it properly or not at all