Replies: 4530 (Who?), Viewed: 149385 times.
Page 179 of 182
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4451 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:48 AM
Meh

The gray catbirds have migrated for the winter so I don't have feathered company while I'm outside watering.

The top of the Japanese Maple is starting to turn color, fall is coming. While I was watering, I noticed the rabbits have made a snack of the Peter Cottontail plants I bought; how ironic. They've also made a snack of the red Kodiaks I planted in front of the wall. The red Kodiak were not labeled as being rabbit resistant, the Peter Cottontails are labeled as being deer and rabbit resistant. The deer didn't bother with them as they're inside the fence, the rabbits didn't leave them alone. As much as I'd like to correct the problem, it is now August so I'm not going to bother.

I spent a hour or so this afternoon with Magic Eraser sponges scrubbing down bird cages. It was like having two pterodactyl making noise at me in stereo. The only time I got any peace is when I gave them a treat. Brats!

Nothing exciting planned for the upcoming week. More painting and that's about it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4452 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 2nd Aug 2021 at 8:35 PM.
I'm a little less than half way done with the livingroom ceiling. If I continue the pace I'm going by ( painfully slow with lots of breaks) I just might be able to finish it before the day is over. My only non-household interruption is the grocery order which is supposed to show up anytime between now and 3:00 PM.

The curtains I bought last fall fell apart in the wash. They've been washed twice since purchasing them. Now I'm nervous about taking the other ones down and washing those because they are the same curtain, just a different color. Amazon, strikes again...

EDIT: Nope, not going to finish the ceiling today. Started getting tired about a hour ago. My being tired and paint do not mix. I end up making more of a mess than anything else, so I'll finish it tomorrow. I got a lot more done today than I thought I would, so no complaints. Painting ceilings sucks, painting popcorn ceilings suck even more not to mention takes more time.
Mad Poster
#4453 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:04 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:15 PM. Reason: Clarity
Well, my herpes simplex 1 cold sore erupted after surgery and my lower lip is sore from surgery, I have color-change bruises, I couldn't get the plastic film bags open for the meat at the grocery store fast enough. I was dizzy from the heat because I was hesitant about the Delta and Lambda strains. I was not having a pleasant afternoon but I got to choose dinner sometime this week. Pork chops and mixed veggies tomorrow, yakitori and sweet corn tonight.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4454 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 5:14 PM
Ceiling...it's done! It has been a exhausting, sweaty past 2 days, but I won't spend another winter regretting not painting the grungy ceiling like I did last year. Now I can dwell on other stupid things like how nice it would be to replace the stove hood. It isn't that we can't replace it, I don't want anybody in my house that doesn't live here unless it is absolutely necessary. A stove hood requires the help of a electrician.

Cases of Rona have been literally doubling every day. Yesterday news came out that over 2,000 new cases were diagnosed over the weekend. I don't need a new stove hood that bad...
Mad Poster
#4455 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 7:06 PM
Well, I got my cold sore medicine.

Really wish I could go for a WalMart run.

Been stuck at home mostly...only did a grocery run.

Waiting for my bruises and lip to recede.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4456 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 1:18 PM

I'm not a minimalist, but not just no, hell no. That ship has sailed. I reclaimed my time 3 years ago. Spending hours dusting, the endless loop of looking for things, then buying more because I couldn't find what I was looking for, ect... is not my idea of a good time.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4457 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 6:57 PM
Exhausted. We went swimming today. Ivy's second time swimming and she has already mastered it (with arm bands on atleast) I on the other hand still have to hold on to the side. We were in the shallow end this time so I spent the whole time walking on my hands while kicking my legs just to get my exercise in. It feels amazing though just to be weightless. I carry so big in my pregnancies. I've gained 1kg in the past week and a half, so I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible and exercise as much as I can. I want to fit into my wedding dress in February

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4458 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 1:53 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Aug 2021 at 1:58 AM. Reason: Clarity
Today, I just spent my day eating pastina (star pasta) and alphabet pasta and even a whole cucumber.

I also decapitated a few dolls for my latest project: swap heads for jointed bodies. I accidentally cracked the interior peg off one of them. This was a G1 Made to Move Barbie.

To avoid breaking the doll, use hot tap water (as hot as it can get) in a Pyrex 2-cup measuring cup and a plastic baggie like Ziploc baggies and leave the doll's head in the bag, in the water until it's soft and squishy. Then, bracing the neck, carefully pop the head off.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4459 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 5:18 PM
It is turning into one of those full moon days when the actual full moon isn't until August 21st... Yeesh. It rained all day yesterday, maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know, but whatever it is, I don't want any.
Mad Poster
#4460 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 5:39 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th Aug 2021 at 12:48 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
It is turning into one of those full moon days when the actual full moon isn't until August 21st... Yeesh. It rained all day yesterday, maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know, but whatever it is, I don't want any.

The new moon has similar effects on people.

I cleaned up under my bed.

Found so far:
Cylindrical Brush
Empty Pill Bottle
Box of Bandages
A USB A <> USB C Wire
Hair Gel for Dolls (Orange Clear and Blue Glitter)
A Box Full of Paper Notebooks I Forgotten a Couple Years Ago

Dislodged my yoga ball from the southwest corner and found where the remainder of the 101 paper cubes went.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4461 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 7th Aug 2021 at 1:00 PM. Reason: typo
I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole yesterday. I didn't mind it at first as it was a break from the cray-cray nonsense that was going on, but then things took a turn. A hair brush returned to Amazon with hair in it was gross, but of course, there is always something worse. Returned epilators that are full of peoples' hair and that's not even the worst of it. Who buys a epilator, uses it, then sends it back? Nasty people, that's who.

I don't think highly of Amazon to begin with and they've been getting less and less of my dollars lately, but more things have now been added to the "Do not buy" from Amazon list. Especially after they pulled a fast one on me and sent me a used humidifier but still charged me full price for it.

Here's the hole I fell into. Before I fell in, I watched the videos about making candles and the weird gummy soap things.

I Bought A Box Of Amazon Customer Returns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTaYet07Ioo
Mad Poster
#4462 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 3:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole yesterday. I didn't mind it at first as it was a break from the cray-cray nonsense that was going on, but then things took a turn. A hair brush returned to Amazon with hair in it was gross, but of course, there is always something worse. Returned epilators that are full of peoples' hair and that's not even the worst of it. Who buys a epilator, uses it, then sends it back? Nasty people, that's who.

Yeah, but the way they act, they act like they're the only game in town for 1 stop anything.

I have been burned a few times with stolen or damaged packages. Recently, I only received one bottle of self Tanner (NJ girl here and paler than my Irish redhead roots can say) and when I asked for the 2nd bottle, they sent 2 bottles.

Well, I guess I have some catching up to do.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4463 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 1:19 PM
It has been a lazy weekend. The most exciting things that have happened is I sent yet another box of stuff out of the house and Jingle went to the groomers. I also made lasagna which is something I don't do very often as I find it to be a PITA. It isn't hard to make, I just don't like spending the time washing all the dishes that comes with making it.

The pesky curtains that like to fall apart are leaving the house. Obviously I'm not donating the ones that have fallen apart, but I'm not keeping the others that I have. Once their replacements show up, I'll wash what I have, and stick them in the next box as there is always another donation box. Dingus tried to tell me yesterday it was the washing machine that was causing the problem. That's not it since our washer doesn't have a regular agitator in it. It is a top loading machine, but the agitator is flat, so that isn't the issue. The curtains I've ordered as replacements don't have grommets on them, so they shouldn't be a problem unless I accidentally wash them in hot water; they're going to shrink if I do. If that happens I can't blame anybody but myself.

I spent some time yesterday figuring out how to get my nails back to something that resembles healthy. They've taken a beaten all summer because of yard work and keep tearing at or below the nail bed line which hurts. It isn't going to take much get them back to where they should be, it is just a matter of doing it. It will take a mix of jojoba and Vitamin E oil ( mix some of both in a empty nail polish bottle, apply often throughout the day), painting them even if it is with just a clear polish ( wet nails from constant hand washing means weak nails) and being nice to them in general. I keep my nails on the short side as I'm always doing things, so I don't have to worry about that. The oils should also clear up the persistent hang nail problem that never left from last winter. Usually they go away during the summer, not this year. I'm guessing this goes back to the constant hand washing thing. The skin dries out, then I end up with crusty thumbs, especially my right one.

Since I'll be working on my nails, I may as well start working on the rest of me. It is time to ditch the flab I've been carrying around since last year from stress eating. I'm not interested in a crazy workout routine, but starting with a couple days a week should get that ball rolling. I've lost weight over the summer because dragging around dead trees and other grunt work uses calories, but that form is exercise is done for year for the most part.

For today, going up and downstairs will have to be the workout for the day as I have laundry to do. Also I did something to my left ankle; I have no clue what. It was swollen last night, now it's just sore.
Mad Poster
#4464 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 8:42 PM
Well, I made a promise I can't back out of now.

I promised to help my father while he recovers from knee surgery and that means waiting on him until he can walk steady.

If you don't hear from me next week, the aforementioned reason is why!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4465 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 1:12 PM
Intelligent life lives on Twitter... NOPE!

Twitter's difficulty spelling "difficulty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4cnfeQ5qjk
Mad Poster
#4466 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 10:15 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Aug 2021 at 1:18 AM.
Of all the ranting and raving of political nonsense, brouhaha and the science that goes into an ecologically sound world while "doom scrolling"...

Right now, I rather be eating ramen.

My bruises from the stab-happy nurses from two weeks ago are almost gone. The bruise on my left arm is completely gone, but the one on my right is still fading.

Got a blood draw order in the mail (I live on the edge of farmlands of New Jersey and it's roughly 5-10 minutes to civilization, given traffic conditions and that trucks didn't get T-boned. You never forget that twisting groan of metal in a T-boned accident) and our healthcare providers offers blood work at home, even if you're not a housebound patient.

(Asshole is a small community that we have three affiliated buildings: the clinic at the grocery store\retirement villa, the health center along Killer 31 and it has gym functions like a pool and standard weight and repetition machines, and the hospital in Flemington, where I spent 2 nights this past May in hell. It was only supposed to be a 6 hour stay.)

As much as I have my reservation for health care being a right than a luxury, I am starting to become bored of diagnostics of human parameters being inspected. I accidentally hung up on my therapist and I will have to call back Monday

My father is fine, his stomach is off, but he's been nervous. They are going to work on his right knee, the one he broke 18 years ago when we lived in the Cascade Foothills.

We're looking into house blood work because my father is going to be housebound for the next two months minimum.

I had a day. With my unfortunate connection to the government, I am still awaiting the day I get out of poverty. I have a plan, it's crazy, not gonna lie, not gonna tell, but it might revolutionize industrial usage.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4467 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 1:43 PM
I'm not even going to sugar coat it... I'm pissed off.

Jingle had her grooming appointment last week; all was well, or so I thought. Both dogs now have disgusting diarrhea. If anybody reads this that was around when I first got Chica, it's like that. The having to go out every hour to couple of hours, ect....

I checked to see if there has been a recall on the food they are given. Dog food has been making the rounds in terms of headlines lately as more cases of dogs developing cardio myopathy continues to be a growing problem. This issue as been associated with grain free diets for the past few years which my dogs are not on. One of the companies that makes these kinds of diets also makes my dogs food, (Natural Balance) so that's why I checked. I saw something for cat food, nothing for dog food, so food is not the problem.

Neither of my dogs get any kind of table food, they don't pick in the trash, they haven't drank any water from questionable sources, and the only one that has left the house recently was Jingle. We don't go anywhere, they don't go for walks beyond the backyard, blah, blah, blah. So whatever this problem is, it didn't start from home. This morning I called the vets, and I'm having fecals done on both of them; won't know the results until Monday. If it comes back as Giardia, I'm going to blow a gasket.

In the meantime, I'm going to treat this problem like it is Giardia. I ordered a gallon of ParaSol last night, that won't be in until Monday, so I guess Lysol and non-bleach Clorox is going to have to do. I also need to get the steamer out and order another bottle of Kochi-Free.

The only thing I haven't done is figure out a way to address this problem with the grooming salon. I'm going to hand that task over to Dingus because he's better at keeping his cool in these kinds of situations even if he's mad or irritated. If I call them, they're going to get a earful and then some. I find no joy in having to shell out almost a $100.00 to find out what kind of creeping crud my dogs now have because I sent one to be clipped and have her nails done.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4468 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 3:03 PM
I'm still annoyed with the whole sick dogs situation, but it isn't as bad as it was yesterday.

Groceries have been delivered and I took advantage of the tax free weekend by purchasing a upright carpet cleaner. We have a Spot Bot which works well, but I can't take the attachment piece apart which is a PITA as nobody wants to look at dried carpet fuzz and whatever else gets stuck in it. Then in the case of having germy dogs, nobody wants to spend time on their hands and knees cleaning a rug. I just want a clean floor / rug and be done with it.

I bought one of the new Hoover carpet cleaners that has a 1 gallon water reservoir, it also dries the carpet; something else the Spot Bot doesn't do. It can also be taken apart to be cleaned unlike Bissell machines. We'll keep the Spot Bot, for now. If it ends up I don't use it because I'd prefer to use the new one, I'll donate it.

The dogs are doing better. They're confused over being brought out one at a time ( we usually walk them both) but that's the way it is going to be for awhile. We're walking them this way so we can wipe down their feet when they come in. We also once again have a no shoes rule in the house as I don't want stuff tracked back in. We have a boot mat inside the door. A mat is easier to clean than having to wash all the floors a few times a day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4469 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 3:27 PM
The dogs are back to their normal selves. I'm not going to give them any Kochi Free today to see how it goes. Also heard back from the vet with their fecal results; both of them are clear of any intestinal parasites. I don't know what both of them got into that caused the problem, but whatever it was, it has passed.

It's great that I don't have deal with a Giardia outbreak, but the no shoe rule and wiping the dogs feet is going to remain a thing. The rug downstairs was disgusting then this morning I decided to clean the couch as at that time I didn't have the lab results back yet. That was almost as gross as the rug was. Blech! At some point today I'm going to tackle the stairs that go downstairs. They have carpet treads on them that I don't think have ever seen rug shampoo.
Mad Poster
#4470 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 8:32 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Aug 2021 at 8:44 PM.
Just holding down the fort. Dad's in the hospital and his knee surgery is a success. He's in recovery and will stay overnight

As much as I seem awkward, I recently developed gray hairs on the top of my head.

If I have a right to remain silent on the gray hairs, I would like to waive that right and go kicking and screaming into my middle age years (I look 14, I am graying at 33 and I turn 34 this October).

Gives me more of an excuse to dye my hair wacky My Little Pony colors.

My uncle Rob, (my father's brother in law) is the only guy I know who has a five o'clock shadow that regenerates to the speed of Homer Simpson's. I only saw him once without his five o'clock shadow a couple years or so back at a family party, he said "Just give it a minute". :D

I miss my large family.

#4471 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 8:51 PM
You know, I really hate the fact that mom always leaves trash laying around and then complains about how dirty the house is.

Like, seriously? There's a big ass, bright red trash can right next to the sink in the kitchen. It's damn near impossible to miss! Also, what type of Neanderthal psycho leaves TRASH in said sink? That trash can is RIGHT FUCKING THERE!! Not even a foot away! The house wouldn't be so bad if you just picked up after yourself!

Good gods...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4472 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 2:59 PM
Here's something I've never thought about; reverse engineering a dopamine hit.

Many people get a dopamine hit when they shop. For some people this lasts for awhile, for others the hit is gone as soon as the thing they bought comes into the house. I never thought about getting the same feeling when either getting rid of stuff or using something up that I won't be purchasing again. Lately I've been getting a dopamine fix from using up cleaners that I hate and won't be buying again for one reason or another. In my mind I do the Snoopy dance when a empty bottle goes into the trash or recycle bin. I thought it was just me being weird, apparently what it happening is a actual thing.

Unconscious Cleaning for Those Who Hate to Clean | Declutter the Easy and Effortless Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYer6RZW6CI
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4473 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 11:18 AM
Trolls to the left, trolls to the right. One of those trolls is Jingle.

Jingle has a new thing where if she doesn't want to walk somewhere, she does the bucking bronco that is usually reserved for puppies when they are getting used to wearing a collar and leash. We're not trying to get her to walk somewhere that would cause her harm or otherwise, she's just being a PITA because she can be. Jingle's nickname is Shitty-Tzu and for good reason.
Mad Poster
#4474 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 5:41 PM
We had potatoes last night and tonight, we're having tacos. Rarely do we eat the same thing.

For one, my parents eat from those food prep kits and they only serve two. Another is I am very picky, but I am getting further in expansion of my palate.

Still, my mother is going back to work and all heavy duty help is over with.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4475 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 1:02 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 20th Aug 2021 at 2:17 PM.
I've spent my morning putting the yard in 'lockdown' as supposedly Henri will be making a appearance Sunday / Monday. I still need to move the trashcans into the kennel, but I need to get the now dead branches out of it first. They've been roasting in the sun since the start of July, I don't think I'm going to get any active root activity from them.

Washer is supposed to be delivered today. I was supposed to get a phone call yesterday regarding ETA, of course that didn't happen. We had to call and chase them down instead. I don't feel like dealing with people, so when they do finally show up, I'll tell them where the washer is and let them do their thing. Once they're gone, everything will have to be scrubbed down and then it is on to stripping the bed and what not. I washed bath towels by hand yesterday because I couldn't stand looking at the grunge marks, it wasn't a good time.

As for the troll that is trolling, you have fun wearing out that disagree button. We've been through this form of trolling before and I'm not one of those people that is swayed by mental midgets that get off playing with buttons. It was a really sad state of affairs a couple of weeks ago when the masses on Twitter had a breakdown over the possibility of Jack Dorsey adding a down vote button. One would have thought the apocalypse arrived; over a stupid button, because that's normal. NOPE!

EDIT: Everything is cleaned up and put away. If we don't get a hurricane, great. If we get one, I won't have lids, trash or whatever blowing at my head like a projectile missle at 60-plus miles per hour.
Page 179 of 182