Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 9:58 PM
Default Help. I am stuck at a step in "Tutorial:Sims 3 Pure Scripting Modding".
I good while ago I wanted to get into modding the sims 3. Now that I have most of the tools needed to mod the game. I wanted to try some of the tutorials,
so I could become more competent when it comes to modding the sims 3. However, at the moment I am stuck at a step. I am currently following the
"Sims 3 Pure script modding".
-Link:
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ripting_Modding

-Photo of step I am stuck on:
Just incase you can't see the image. The step is under "Building The Package" and is below "Now on to the tuning XML:"

[IMG][/IMG]

My question is where do I import my XML when it says "With the _XML resource selected, choose Resource->Import->From file... and this time import the XML text file you created. S3PE will show the content of the XML resource in its preview window." I honestly don't know where to import it to.

-Photo of my library folder after I click on resource->import->From file.
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 3:17 PM
Hiya
The file to import it's referring to is the text file created earlier in the steps in "Writing The XML File".
However, the way I prefer to do it, is once you've added the _XML resource to the package, right click on it and click on "Notepad" or "Text Editor" if you have another text editor you like to use set up. Then paste what's in the tutorial into that (or write whatever you need to). You can save, close Notepad, and save the package and the XML resource should now contain the text.