Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 5:39 PM
Default Help with naming a lot
Hi there folks and sims lovers. I plan and want to create a community lot. It would serve (although it would be a decoration) as a lot from where cleaning maids and housekeeper come from. But I dont know how to name it. PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCY, CLEANING AGENCY, CLEANING SERVICE,...? Can you please, help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 5:52 PM
Cleaning services in real life mostly work out of ordinary office buildings, but if you want a cleaning service name, a lot depends on your neighborhood vibe.

Cleaning To Go. Messmasters. Brigitte's Tactful Tidiers. Environment Emergency Services.

I don't have a pun? How can I not have a pun? If you can thinking of a cleaning pun you should probably go for that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#3 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 2:52 PM
I have a hard time coming up with names for lots too.

I have "Pleasantview Wedding Venue", "Pleasantview Public Services", "Pleasantview Resting Grounds", and the custom university I've been working on I've called "Smart Kids University".

A real lack of originality and creativity going on over here.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 3:41 PM
The biggest and best known company for cleaning services round where I live is called "Molly Maids", and they have a logo on their cars rather like the ones on the vehicle that TS2 maids come in. I rather like the idea of alliteration, so how about "Clementine's Cleaners". That suggests the firm may be run by somebody called Clementine, so you might prefer just "Clementine Cleaners", presumably named after the little citrus fruit. You could dress them in little orange (default replacement) uniforms.

Or. . . TS2 maids have a bit of a reputation for offering -- ahem -- "extra services" (at least one maid in Pleasantview does). So perhaps a good name might be "Maids and More".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 4:59 PM
I've given names like Community Service Center to my community service centers when starting a town up and I give names like Public Housing or Social Assistance Houseing to rental properties equipped with green energy sources intended for sims lacking in cash and likely unemployed.The lots also get the name of the town or neighborhood attatched though a service center would be a neighborhood house if there's more than one district in town.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 10:15 PM Last edited by FranH : 17th Feb 2021 at 1:08 AM.
How about "Maid to Order?" "Delightful Dusters".

I usually just use the town cleaning services.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 1:35 AM
Hardly the most creative answer, but lots of small businesses will just be some version of "John/Jane Doe's BUSINESS", so if you've got a favorite maid NPC, pretend they're the owner (or actually HAVE a Sim own the business and name it after them)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 2:00 AM
Kaylynn's Kleaning.... Maids On Demand... Corporal Clean... Shiny Time... Dust No More... Grime Fighters

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 2:02 AM
I would call it something like Nooks & Crannies, Dustball Deliverance or The Cleaning Fairies. Something fun, it's the Sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 8:08 PM
I'll second Maid to Order. But Maids and More is happily suggestive,
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would call it something like Nooks & Crannies,

Or Nooks and Niches!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 1:10 AM
Another one: "Dustbusters", with the theme song of "who you gonna call?"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 2:23 PM
I just heard about a real life one that operates in our part of the world: "Maid to Clean".

I think that and FranH's "Maid to Order" are the two punniest ones that we've got so far.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 4:22 PM
Immediately came to mind when I saw this thread, and it would be appropriate for a simulated business in a computer simulation:
"Maid Up".

Don't worry, I'm not a stand-up comedian.