Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 9:31 AM
Default How do I import modified child versions of painting animation to game?
Background: I was trying to learn how to mod sims 4 by creating a children can paint mod, I got it working to the point that children can use the easle and paint something through tuning XMLs, but as expected, they have a stretched adult animation. So I tried tweaking the paint animations in Blender to remove the stretching at least, but I'm not sure how to import it back to a package file so that the tweaked animation is played instead of the stretchy ones.

For example I started with these animation files by exporting them through S4S:
* a2o_easel_paint_boldStroke_large_x
* a2o_easel_paint_boldStroke_x
...and more

removed the stretching on blender and replaced filename so that"a2o" is now "c2o" and imported them into a new clip pack on Sims 4 Studio. But it seems like it changed the clipName to something new with my creator name on it. I tried editing the clipName using the Warehouse/ Data tab but it keeps reverting to something like creatorName:PosePack_202101310044116131_set_1 even after saving it.

First of all, do you think is the clipName the issue, and if so is there a way to modify the clipName? Or is there something else I should do to get this animation override working?

I'd appreciate any advice.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 4:09 PM
You need to remove the snippet that's for poseplayer from the file and it will stop reverting. It probably is a clipname issue since the game looks for the c2o, etc. to know to use a different animation.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 7:41 PM
Thanks! Got it working now, seems like I also needed to change the Instance value to be the new FNV64 hash of the c2o animation names.