Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
I don't like the automatic name change either.

Use the "Marriage: Last Name Chooser" by Marhis.
https://modthesims.info/d/223528/ma...2008-10-26.html
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 2:06 PM
@RoxEllen1965 -That would prevent a lot if couples ending up with the wrong last names because I had the wrong one initiate the wedding.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 1:18 AM
I used to use Pescado's "marriage-traditional" mod, but that one was limited and didn't give the player any choice. In heterosexual marriages, the male's name was always used. In same-sex unions, both sims kept their original last names. Marhis' mod provides a choice. The player gets to decide which sim's last name the couple uses, or for both to keep their original names.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 2:38 AM
@RoxEllen1965 -That's what I wanted is the choice of last names because I usually have mixed couples take her last name unless he had no siblings or sisters and she had al at least one younger or kid sister.They'd both keep original las names if both were only children and pass both on to children.
Instructor
#30 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 4:07 AM
Like many others with ACR have noted, my answer is very few if any at all have waited. I'm not exactly paying attention.

Having some negative feelings towards real life woohoo (TMI? ) before I had ACR non-romance or family sims could easily go their entire lives without woohooing as I'd never choose to make them do so unless they had a want to and even then sometimes I'd ignore it. But now everybody's doing it left and right and upside down. I don't allow for teen woohoo/tfb though because that's just not something I want to have in my game so everybody at a minimum waits until university, so everybody's at least 18 before they do.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 4:32 AM
I don't have birth control in my game (player choice).

So most of my sims are cautious about their relationships, and hold off. Unless they really, really, want woohoo, or a baby, or are inclined to think it won't happen to them, they wait until they're married. The first and third category keep my orphanage supplied with infants, but not very many.

Nina Caliente right now wants woohoo, a baby, and a kitten. Two out of three isn't too bad, but she'll have to wait for a kitten until someone wants two cats and breeds them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 5:03 PM
I don;t allow sims to woohoo autonomously because I don't want to risk cheating on parnters or it happening before marriage unless I allowed it in some rare situations.I do have birth control in my game by choice because I don't want too many accidents happening though an odd one on occasions can stil happen.
Theorist
#33 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
That's the question. How many of your Sims wait till they're married before they have woohoo?

Even though I use ACR (and quite a few other autonomy pushing mods) too, I always customize ACR's settings for each sim based on personality, interests, the roll of a die, age/life-stage, current situation/status in life and any traits they might have to make things more balanced in my game. I don't want a bunch of sims who behave exactly the same all the time.

And while I don't do traditional real life style religion/ideology in my game, I do have some sims that are more modest/reserved than others and are not about having too many 'worldly' things in their lives, as well as a couple of religion/church like custom careers for those sims who are more suited for that sort of lifestyle. So, they might be more focused on things like waiting until they're in love and in a committed relationship before they even have their first kiss... let alone their first woohoo. Some of my Family and Knowledge aspiration sims who might be socially awkward, late bloomers and/or focused on their college or career goals are too often good candidates for waiting until a more committed relationship to woohoo.

Now with that said, I also enjoy the drama that can occur with the roll of a die or ROS (Random Occurrence Scenarios) event that sends a sims' somewhat perfect life into utter chaos.

Recently had a couple that had both "waited" until marriage to woohoo, and everything seemed to be going perfectly for them in love and with their careers. They had even both rolled the want to have a baby after some time together, so I'd ended the wife's birth control and figured they along with ACR would take care of everything else (and since I play with the silent pregnancy mod I'd just be surprised when it occurred). However, soon after a ROS event determined the wife was to "fall for a colleague after going on an unexpected weekend business trip", so I disabled her ACR "totally faithful" setting and sent her on a long weekend trip (to one of my custom built resort hotels in an attached 'hood) with the colleague she had the highest relationship/most chemistry with. Without restrictions and unlimited time together, they got closer and any wants about her husband dropped off. When the weekend was over I sent her home, but since I have Community Time Project installed it gave me almost 3-days to play the husband while she was in transit home... which I loved. So, I had him throw an end of summer gettogether for a few friends and neighbors complete with barbecue, dancing and card playing. During the party a new neighbor lingered out front for a moment, so I had him greet her/chat a bit so she could join in the festivities. The party was fun and everyone had a good time. For now, the husband is still set to "totally faithful", but he did hit it off with the new neighbor and his best friend's new girlfriend too (oof). Their rotation ended once the wife returned and I saved the game. We'll see how things go when their next rotation comes round.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@RoxEllen1965 -That's what I wanted is the choice of last names because I usually have mixed couples take her last name unless he had no siblings or sisters and she had al at least one younger or kid sister.They'd both keep original las names if both were only children and pass both on to children.

Although if you have SimPE you can change the names of everyone. It won't hurt the game, honest!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#35 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 9:02 PM
Whew! Not a one!

Sims choose for themselves whether they're willing or able to woohoo, and with whom, and at what age (with some exceptions) and how often. I can count on one hand the number of times I've directed a sim to woohoo. I decided really early on that it felt somehow not right for me personally to make that call for them, so I don't. Hence, when they get pregnant for the deadbeat for the fifth time I can only shake my head and ensure that there's a welfare office in their hood.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Although if you have SimPE you can change the names of everyone. It won't hurt the game, honest!

True, but then you have the inconvenience of having to exit the game to change the names. The mod lets you choose the name when the marriage actually happens in the game.
Link Ninja
#37 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 11:41 PM
With my laziness and ACR run amok, all my sims are woohoo-capading as soon as they figure out what gender they are attracted to.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#38 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Essa : 22nd Oct 2020 at 12:00 PM.
One can also change names in game using the Sim manipulator.
I use a marriage traditional mod. When I need to change the last name to hyphenate or change the last name of babies born before marriage, I often do it in-game.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
One can also change names in game usi the Sim manipulator.
I use a marriage traditional mod. When I need to change the last name to hyphenate or change the last name of babies born before marriage, I often do it in-game.

I use this all the time!
I gotta say, when Lilith and Dirk finally got married and I realized that makes them the Pleasant-Dreamers! So cute.

I'm going to have to do a better job of fine tuning my ACR so that I do get a little bit more variety. Everyone is pretty free, and I'm generally okay with that, but I do like the idea that some are more cautious than others.

I also don't want that are too young woohooing in my game, which is one reason it's turned of for teens. In my hood, teens are between 13 and 23, and go to university between 23 and 28, so some will make the choice when they are still "teens".

I also need to fiddle with the settings for cheating - because just because a Sim is Romance doesn't actually mean they would be disloyal - they could be happy woohooing the same person constantly. Lucy Westenra (formerly Burb) is a Family/Popularity Sim, but she jumps from family to family (complete trainwreck), getting married fast and regretting it just as fast.
But I was really mad when Danny Pleasant (super shy Danny Pleasant!) woohooed with Ivy Copur the day after he got engaged to Bella Dreamer, who he had very slowly and sweetly fallen in love with at University (despite my best efforts as I really had wanted him to get with a red head.)
Mad Poster
#40 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 5:10 AM
I've had Eli and Ami Jankowsky flirting and making out with each other at the service center when I was playing the Hobbs family on an outing to that lot and I don't have ACR installed and I'd take the time to fine tune it if I installed it to keep things much the same.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 5:37 PM
It's not all that "traditional". Outside of noble lineages and certain religions, the concept of waiting until marriage is actually pretty modern in the grand scheme of human history.

None of my sims wait until marriage. There are some families where it is frowned upon to have children before marriage, but they just use birth control or terminate the pregnancy.
Theorist
#42 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 7:02 PM
I'm not entirely sure about the numbers tbh It depends on too many factors aspiration, whether I have a story line for them in mind, what kind of neighbourhood I'm playing, whether I assigned them a personality (beyond the Personality points) that would be likely or unlikely to have woohoo before marriage.

Romance Sims almost never wait for marriage and of course if a Sim just happens to be the lover of a romance Sim then they don't wait either (those Romance Sims have to woohoo with somebody after all haha)

Also when a Sim rolls a woohoo want during a date I'll probably fulfill it.

Now I'm gonna say a lot of my Sims will only ever romance their future spouses (again unless I decide otherwise)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 7:46 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 1st Nov 2020 at 7:57 PM.
One couple who did manage to wait till they were married were Tybalt Capp and Lexie Kauker. Though I suspect this was more due to lack of opportunity, than because they were great believers in the virtues of chastity and self control. After she started her relationship with Tybalt, Lexie stayed in the downtown Teen Townie Hostel. Accommodation there is adequate but basic, and the residents' beds are all single, and not particularly comfortable. Lexie was lucky enough to have a double room, so she could invite Tybalt for a sleepover, but the room had twin beds, not a double. Tybalt of course lived in luxury at Capp Manor, but none of the the teens' rooms there would take a double bed without substantial changes. There was certainly no way Tybalt could fit one into his 3-tile-wide room. The only time they managed to get into a double bed during their courtship was when they managed to get into the warden's bed at the hostel. But they just slept together in it in their undies; they didn't try to force their luck by trying to woohoo -- the noise from the bed-springs would probably have been heard all over the house. When Craig the Warden came in and found them snuggled together in his bed, he didn't have the heart to shoo them out of it. They say that everyone loves a young lover, and Craig is no exception. He went downstairs and slept in one of the teens' beds.

But yesterday Tybalt and Lexie did get married. And there's still no room for a double bed in Tybalt's room. In the medium term they intend to move out and get their own place (probably in Chorus Court, next door to Gloria and Andrew), but what about their wedding night? Well they decided to take advantage of Veronaville's mild climate. (I don't have Seasons, so it never rains or freezes!)
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
#44 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 9:50 PM
Andrew, if you're interested (although you may already know about this) the Loveseat OMSP for single beds allows Sims to use their single bed as a loveseat. If you have ACR they can Woohoo on couch, or in a vanilla game they can makeout. I love it so much and am definitely going to give this to all of my college students that live in dorms.

As for waiting till marriage, I don't think I have any Sims at the moment who are definitely going to wait. The Piccolo's care about family image, so I think as long as news doesn't get out about affairs or babies born out of wedlock (both already happened anyways, thanks to Henry) it's fine. I think Catherine will be more protective of her daughter than her son. The Romana's don't have enough time to lecture their kids on whether to wait or not, nor do I think they would really care. The Parker's understand that things happen and are natural. I could only picture Jamie Fraser being upset with his children if they didn't wait for marriage, but his wife wouldn't care. I play on a Sim by Sim basis and also how their family values influence them.

I feel like since I am in my 20's and went to a public school with a good sex ed program that my Sims would be more concerned with emotional and physical health regarding woohoo rather than whether to wait for marriage or not.
Inventor
#45 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 2:35 PM
Some do, some don't, though it's not really affected by what humans might call "tradition". Just recently, Bianca Monty of my newest Uberhood rolled a want to have a baby before she rolled a want to get married. I was all set to allow her to try for it with her beau. Instead, they ended up getting married first and then having their wedding night! It had more to do with her rolling up a "Get engaged" want prior to them getting to woohoo level in their relationship. ACR does sometimes take over and send a couple off before I thought they would, but if they're still willing with my modifications in place, then it's up to them!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 3:12 PM
I can see myself needing to install ACR one day just to make sure my sims can't misbehave as I would also tune and configure it so that things get managed much like I'd run it.I would only have some sims behave outside of how I want things to be if it's for a story I had in mind for them and pleasure sims are the ones most likely to play around more while romance sims are less likely to unless pleasure is a second aspiration as they would be focused on finding the right partner for life and would woohoo after marriage unless they got carried away and made a bad choice after engagement though that's not as bad as doing that before getting at least engaged.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 4:02 PM
I do have ACR but I play my own projects and challenges and no one sim will woohoo without my permission. Sometimes I've noticed they are more conservative than me.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 5:48 PM
The vast majority of my Sims don't bother waiting. I have ACR2 set up so Sims have individual/random autonomy levels, jealousy levels, etc. The only thing I set for them are static fertility rates, which they inherit (with a +/- range of 20 points) from a parent. That combined with a 10% risky woohoo chance leads to a lot of unique family dynamics. Some Sims have multiple kids with several Sims and never marry. There are the rare few who don't choose or don't have the opportunity to woohoo prior to marriage (one pair I moved in together as teens but they didn't bother woohooing until they were married adults--I was shocked).

Most recently, I had a family a few months ago wherein two Sims had a fling that resulted in a pregnancy. They decided to live together (because he was a townie and I'm playing a BACC) but not be together, and they each married someone else and had more kids with their respective spouses.

A different household juggled several teenagers and children/toddlers all at once. I didn't pay much attention to the teens at the time and, upon checking their memories, one of them had woohoo'd with at 2-3 other teens in the hood! She did have one pregnancy as a result, and now has a toddler as a freshly-aged-up adult.

If they roll romantic Wants, then I'll often follow those, but otherwise, my Sims' love lives are more or less autonomous. I love the surprises and stories that come from it!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
None of them. I would say the majority of them only have one partner in their life and they might not woohoo until Uni. I do tend to limit the number of playable romance sims that have multiple partners in my game. That isn't a moral issue though as it is of preference of playstyle. I find the constant "conquest" kind of boring and prefer to play the conflicts that come up when they try to be monogamous or abstain altogether.

I'm similar, except that some of my Sims end up not woohooing before marriage "by accident" - I'm not particularly trying to play them that way, but with most of my Sims being with the same partner all their life, sometimes they just end up marrying before their first woohoo, especially if they start the relationship once they're already out of uni and it just kinda moves fast.

But other than a few romance Sims and their "victims", most of my Sims don't woohoo with Sims they are not in a relationship with. Actually, I much prefer marrying the romance Sims off and watching them suffer, or maybe allowing them one affair with another romance sim in a similarly unhappy marriage
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 8:36 PM
Most of my sims woohoo the first time as teenagers (shortly before going to uni), if they have a sweetheart at the same age, or at university. I didn't keep track if one couple even "waited" for marriage.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Page 2 of 2