Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 12:53 AM
Default How to import AVI file into Package ?
Hi Everyone !

I'm curently working on a mod (quite new to modding I admit) to be able to play chess on computers. Mostly inspired by Ravasheen's mod, but I wanted to make it a standalone, not an override of BlickBlock.
At first everything went according to plan, and then came the part of importing a video to display on the computer screen. I have a file in .AVI for it, I followed this tutorial to rightfully put the avi file into the package where I already had a few tunings for the mod, especially the Object State Tuning to change the "state" of the computer. But I think I don't understand the "clip_list" part: I replace le last part of the black element with the Instance of the AVI tuning (as shown on the picture), but I struggle to know what to put in the p="..." and it seems to be the part that's not working. Because for now, my Sim can play chess ... in front of a black screen ...
Does anyone knows how to deal with this part ? I searched but i was unable to find a Tutorial or an other post on this subject.

Thanks a lot in advance
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 1:14 AM
The p= are actually not used on our end, it's likely the video itself that's not working unfortunately. Also a trick for naming tuning files manually is to use : after your creator name (So Nelausus:PlayChessInteraction_Something), the file will automatically generate an instance and tuning ID for you. But not on SimDatas, you'll still need to copy the name and instance over.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 1:34 AM
But, the thing is that the video is working. To be completely honesty, it is the video that Ravasheen used to override the BlickBlock video.
I tried at first to change the Instance of the AVI tuning to a new one, and copy/paste it to the ligne in the Object State Tuning, but it didn’t work.

But thanks for the tip
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 1:45 AM
I'm confused then on what you mean, as you said in the post that they were playing in front of a black screen?

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 10:01 AM
Sorry, I meant that the video is in fact originally in Ravasheen package, as an override for Blickblock screen (with the same instance than the Sims 4 BlickBlock video).
At first, I tried to "batch export" and "batch import" the AVI tuning into my new package using S4S, and creating a new Instance, but it didn't work.
Then, I tried to extract the video in a standalone AVI file that could be played (in VLC for exemple) using S4PE, and then import the AVI file using S4PE into the package, but still no results ...

So I was wondering: what are the conditions to import an AVI File into a package, and how to write it into the Object State Tuning ?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:04 PM
Ohhhh, I believe I see the issue, you imported and cloned the object state but haven't overrided the object state list to let the game know your channel exists. It seems the computer defaults to a black screen if a state doesn't exist, at least that's my theory. Import this file: 5b02819e!00000000!0000000000003afe.ComputerState.object_state.xml
And add your new video channel to the list, but don't clone that list as it needs to be overrided.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Nelausus : 26th Jan 2022 at 9:08 PM.
Thanks, but I'm not sure to see what you're meaning. I imported this file into the package, added the ligne for the new Object State ... But it didn't change the black screen unfortunately ... Or maybe I did something wrong ? :/

Edit:
I think there might have been a typo mistake, because everything is fine when I re-write the ligne for the video ...
But I still have a question on the override: if I wanted in a near futur create another mod, on the same idea, but in a different package ... How could we manage the 2 ComputerState.xml, with each one having one video more than the other?

But thanks nonetheless for solution
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 9:44 PM
Glad that worked! Are you releasing this? Make sure you have permission from Ravasheen first. If these will be personal mods, just make a single package with only the video channel object state list (the one you just edited), and add any new channels as you make them. If it's to be released, the easiest thing on you and your downloaders is to include the file with each mod and add ALL channels you ever make to the list. This way they will be correct no matter which mod or number of mods is installed, and won't conflict.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 10:28 PM
Thanks for the advice !
I dunno yet if I will be realeasing it ... I mean, I'm not a talented modder (for now) and I just change a few things here and there
And of course I will ask Ravasheen permision for it if I do ... she might even want to release it herself ( she said she wanted to make it a standalone but I think she got drag into other project) as it's still mainly her mod

For now I think I will be okay ... But I might need help on other thing, as I wanted to add a few things here and there, but we'll see ... TO BE CONTINUED as they say
But a huge thank you again !