Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:09 AM Last edited by Toddler430 : 25th Jul 2010 at 8:40 PM. Reason: Wanted to clairify it a bit.
The Independence Legacy - Chapter 1 Redone
Ok so I've decided to re-edit the whole story instead of writing a new hard to understand chapter. Thanks to all that have read.

You're here now Indiana, don't kid yourself. This little grimy town is now your home. The tacky cement tiles and pebbles, faulty brickwork, and grim sky. It's all yours now Indiana, aren't you lucky.

"Shut up you sickly little bastard, I don't need your voice in my head too. Say anything else and I will cause you immeasurable pain. I suppose I should meet some people, it's not like I have anything better to do." I said to him.

Just keep smiling, that's what they all say right? Smile little girl, smile.
"Hello, I'm new in town my name is Indiana Independence." I said to the rather plump lady.
"Very nice to meet you Indiana, I'm Cherish Curious. What brings you to our humble town?"

What are you going to tell her? Another Lie?
"I recently graduated from college, and decided that I wanted to see the world a little if you will. I threw a dart on a map and well, here I am."
"Well I'm glad you chose our little town. But just remember big things come in small packages. Speaking of small packages I think that handsome young man is stealing a looksie at you, why don't you go over and talk to him. I need to be going home anyway, science calls!" She said as she turned her heels and quickly walked away.

Befuddled as to how she associated this very handsome man with a small package, I don't want to know. But none the less I decided to strike up a conversation.
Checking you out huh? You wouldn't go cheating on me now would you?
"I see you've met Mrs.Curious." Said those lovely lips.
"Yes I have, very nice woman. But on the other hand, I haven't met you. I'm Indiana."
"Nice to meet you Indy, I can call you that can't I?"
Ooo Indy, already a pet name. I think that's what I'll call you from now on. Indy Indy Indy.
"Of course." I said as I tried not to blush.
"Well Indy, it's getting a tad late. I think I'm going to have to excuse myself. It was very nice to meet you though. Hope to see you again soon." And then he was gone, as quick as he came into my life he was gone.

"Why did you have to scare them away?" I asked.
Scare them away, my dear child..
"I am Not your child."
Now now dear, I didn't scare them away. Ever think it might be Your fault? Maybe it's how you carry yourself, maybe it's because...Well we won't have you worrying your pretty little head over nothing now will we.
"I'm done talking to you. I'm going to go get some food."

"This town has a certain charm, but at the same time it's like it's not real. It feels like I was placed here by some outside force, not drawn in by the weather. Not that I mind. I could get use to this. Long walks through town, being by the lake, beautiful sunsets, hell even the air smells nice. But I don't know if that's going to be possible. Oh well I'll just have to enjoy it for now, not that I'm complaining." I thought to myself.

"World champion waffles huh? Oh I am so going to pig out."

Just a note Indy is a mixed breed, in that her parents are the spawn of some MTS sims and other sites, all bred in CAS until I created the perfect sim. Also any questions concerning CC, or anything really let me know. I'd be more then happy to answer.
Constructive criticism welcome!

"Stand up for what you believe, Even if it means standing alone."
Formerly Toddler430
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:20 PM
Default Gen 1 Part 2
Rated PG-13 for some mild language and some sexual references.

There is nothing like going for a swim when no one else is at the pool. You get to bask in the slowly rising sun. Enjoy the cool water on your skin.
Why don't you go skinny dipping then? I'm sure everyone would love to see that.

I hope you drown Indiana.
If I drown then who are you going to talk to?
Oh I'm sure I could find Someone.

Hey Aria its me, do you want to hang out tonight?
Ooo some lesbian action!
I've got some Awesome news for you. Lets just say I whooped some serious ass.
Oh I bet you did, they like it rough huh?
How about that Red place in town, the bar? Alright I'll see you there. I think I'm going to go for a long jog today. Bye Aria

This town needs a makeover Indy, what do you think?
I think its time for you to shut up, remember that immeasurable pain I talked about yesterday. I will still do it.

Hmm house behind numerous chain link fences. Check
Tucked behind the abandoned rail road tracks. Check
Looks like crap from a distance. Check
Well Indy I think you found yourself a Mentats factory! *

It doesn't look like one to me. Looks like some small abandoned shack.
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Hmm, maybe I'll go check out that building over there.
You mean the obviously running and broken down factory?
No I was thinking the smaller one beside it.
You know you're right, as much as it pains me to say that. But I'd have no one to talk to if you die. So why do you go into dangerous places?
Awww are you worried about me you sniveling little bastard?

Wow, this place would make an excellent nightclub. Remind me to find out who owns this place.
No comment? Did I really hurt your pride that much?
Regardless I should probably be headed to the bar. Thanks for your input!

You could've gotten changed before hand you know. I don't mind waiting.
I know I'm sorry, but I didn't want to make you wait.
We'll come on and sit down, tell me about this Big news you had.

Guess who won the Amateur Olympics this morning!
"Really?! Oh wow I am so proud of you Indiana. First you surprise me by moving into town, and living very close at that."
Hahaha, she doesn't know you sleep in a tent yet dose she?
"And now you win the Amateur Olympics. You need to slow down child. I won't be able to keep up with you much longer. Hey to celebrate this victory why don't you head over to the salon tomorrow and I'll give you a new look?"
That sounds great Ar, I'll be there around noon.

Oh I almost forgot to tell you. Did you know you have a half finished bar up on some backwoods hill?
"You should probably stay away from there Indiana, bad things have happened there. But anyways continue."

Well I met this elderly man playing Foosball. I introduced myself and he proceeded to barter with me about the price of my services.

"What?! Oh god that's disgusting. Promise me you didn't."
I promise I didn't.
"So what did you do then?"

What else, I walloped him square in the face.
"Oh Indiana you make me so proud. Why didn't I marry you instead of Renold."
Because I can't make babies.
"Right!"
Speaking of Renold, how is Kerri?
"Oh It won't be long before shes walking and talking. Pain in the ass that she is. And by the looks of it she'll be a redhead like her daddy.

I'm still so happy for you two, well I guess it's three isn't. Regardless I wish you the best of luck. If you need anything just call ok?
"Indiana all my life you have been the one to look out for me, now its my turn. I know you're living in a tent, word gets around fast here. You are more then welcome to come stay with me and Renold free of charge until you can get on your feet."
I'll get back to you on that Ar, I need to sleep on it. It was so good to see you. We need to do this more often.
"Agreed"

*Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.
Also thank you to Claeric for the little robot shack.
Constructive criticism welcome!

"Stand up for what you believe, Even if it means standing alone."
Formerly Toddler430
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:30 PM
Indy is very cute. This is a great start, but you should make the dialogue a little easier to follow. In my opinion, the narration isn't that necessary unless it adds to the plot.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
Your pictures are amazing! Your sims look soft but not blurry, very pretty
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:46 PM
I'm finding it a bit confusing what Indiana is thinking and saying, because you keep leaving out the "" symbols.

The editing is beautiful and adds a nice edge.

So far is going well!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!