Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 3:12 AM
Default Nervous Subject - Chapter Five is Out!
Just to warn you, I'm not very good when it comes to story writing, so if it sounds a little weird or lame, I am really, really sorry. :nana: But other than that, enjoy the story! :D

Chapter One - Intro and Escape

This is my life. I don’t remember why, or even when I picked up a pen to write these very words, but something inside me told me that I should write down my life, so that I can pass this story to my children and my children’s children. So…here we are.

I don’t remember much about my past. Heck, I don’t even remember my real name. Surely it wasn’t Nervous Subject, was it? ….Nah, it couldn’t be. Anyways, since I can’t start with my childhood, I’ll start around the time of my escape.

Back then I was pretty deformed, I don’t know if that’s the correct word for it. Looking at my own face in the mirror was always a nightmare. Every night I midnight, I would always wish to the heavens above to lead a better life than this torture, where I am just a lowly lab rat compared to everybody else.

I used to live in Loki and Circe’s mansion, as far as my memory could go. I don’t know. I’m always forgetful at times, and Circe would just pass it off as an experiment gone wrong. Maybe it was a malfunctioning experiment, or maybe it was all of those drugs they gave me or….I don’t know. It’s all very confusing.

Anyways, I don’t think I used to live there my whole life. Maybe just the part that I remember, but I don’t think I was born there. I certainly don’t have Circe’s good looks or Loki’s handsome features. I’m just….well, you know. It’s kinda hard to explain with words.

Loki and Circe weren’t all that bad. But while I was living in their house, they performed countless experiments on me, all “in the name of science”. I don’t think science was supposed to be this painful, to be honest. I don’t like to talk about what exactly they did to me, but let me tell you at times during the night I could feel electricity running through my body. I still do these days.

I don’t know how long this madness has lasted, as I don’t even know my age, but I think I was around my mid-twenties when I escaped….

Beaker Mansion…..

“Aieeeeeaaaahh!”

“Just a little more, Nervous Subject, and stop screaming so loudly. Keep this up and the neighbors will think we’re trying to kill you!”

“Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss Sssssssssiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrr!”

Few Moments Later…

“Good lord, boy, you scream louder than a baby wantin’ a bottle. Circe, do you have the drugs ready?”

*Off in the distance* “Not yet. Just keep him busy for a bit while I finish this up.”

*Sighs* “Alright, Nervous Subject, go into your room and stay in there like a good boy, you hear?”

Nervous looked down as his deformed, and newly burned body before obediently saying “Yes sir” to Loki. He tried his best not to cry in front of Loki, for he knew that if you cried, he would be beaten to pulp worse than the slaves would be their masters. Loki wasn’t a mean person; he just had a rough childhood.

Nervous enter his room, which was basically a basement that gave off a strong, musty smell that would make you pass out within five minutes. But Nervous was used to and it didn’t bother him much, except that he felt more woozy by the minute. As he walked down the concrete stairs, he tried very hard to restrain himself from looking in the mirror. But oh, was that temptation so hard to control

His face was like a big stain upon him; he couldn’t keep his eyes off of it and yet everytime he looked at it, he would scream like many people did in an asylum. It was agonizing. Every night he prayed and prayed, groveling at his knees with tears flowing form his eyes, he prayed to the unknown beings above for a different life; a normal life where his face was handsome and his hair was long and golden, like in the books he read.

But no matter how much he prayed, how much tears has cried, and how much he groveled until his knees were sore, he never got this wish. Perhaps fate was not willing to listen to Nervous, for some reason, but he continued anyways. It seemed hopeless and day by day he was getting weaker as the experiments were getting more brutal. He thought he would die in this place.

Until tonight….

3:00 am at Beaker Mansion…

Nervous was having a hard time sleeping. He was given the drugs, but for some reason they were keeping him awake instead of letting him sleep. After tossing and turning for an hour or so, Nervous decided to give up. If he wasn’t going to sleep, he might as well get up and get ready for the day ahead. With a sinking feeling, he crawled out of bed and started to head for the shower when something in the mirror caught his eye and stopped him in his stride.

He stood frozen in the same spot, wondering what to do. He didn’t want to look at himself in the mirror again, and he wondered whether he really did see his face.

“No, that’s crazy. How could I see someone else? That wouldn’t make any sense at all.”

“But then again, maybe I was just imagining myself as a handsome young man. Those experiments are getting into my head….finally! I was wondering when I was going to crack up. But wait…..is that a good thing or a bad thing? Wait…..what is good and what is bad?”

Summoning up his courage, which was of course the size of a bunny, he cautiously stepped towards the mirror. It was just sitting peacefully against the wall. He had to closed his eyes before walking the rest of the way and coming to a halt in front of the mirror. Taking a deep, shallow breath, he opened his eyes.

He screamed in fright, but covered his mouth, because he knew how angry Loki would get if he didn’t get is “beauty sleep.” But still….he was as shocked as heck! He stared back at his reflection, slapped himself on the face to wake up, and yet kept staring at this reflection that supposedly is his!

He stared in wonder as he touched his face here and there, touching his nose, his small eyes, his cheeks, and even feeling his hair. He couldn't believe it! His lifelong wish have finally come true! He was finally normal!

But he wasn't out of the woods yet. He may be normal looking now, but he sure wasn't going to get out of here anytime soon. What would he say when Circe walks in here and finds Nervous as he is? She wouldn't believe him, call up Loki, and Loki would think that he was a demented man whom he could use as another test subject. Then they would have to go through this whole process all over again. And Nervous sure as heck didn't want to go through several more years of the same thing.

Walking as quietly as he could, he sneaked upstairs to the living room and started to head for the doors to the outside. The air was crisp and clean, but it was sure cold. He couldn't just go out there in his pajamas. But he cast a worried look to the stairs.

He didn't have any clothes, and the only other wardrobe was upstairs, where he was forbidden. He kept shifting his eyes back and forth from the doors to the stairs. Get some warmer clothes and risk getting caught or get out now and freeze to death?

He decided that he would risk getting warmer clothes. Besides, the way he looks like, Circe and Loki will just confuse him for a burglar. A burglar stealing clothes? Well, he'll just have to risk that.

He snuck upstairs to find his masters sleeping in the other suite, leaving the one with the wardrobe empty. Sighing and quiet relief, he found a sweater that was an ugly shade of blue, but would work. Then, he heard the clock downstairs chime four o'clock. They were going to wake up anytime soon!

Shutting the wardrobe doors clumsily, he rushed downstairs and headed out into the world.....

4:30 at Beaker Mansion...

"Nervous Subject, wake up now! Nervous Subject?"

Circe called out into the dark room for Nervous and when she recieved no answer, she stomped down the stairs to force Nervous out of his bed. But when she turned on the lights, she saw that there was nobody there.

"Loki! Loki, Nervous Subject is gone!"

"WHAT! Well then....Find Him! I can't finish my Nuclear Reactor Vacuum without him!"

End of Chapter 1
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 4:39 PM
Hey great chapter so far ill be looking forward to more Nervous Subject! :]

Am Back and its Time to get BittersWeet xoxo
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 4:49 PM
Im liking it! I shall be watching for updates.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 5:10 PM
Thanks. I'm liking it so far too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 9:33 PM
Default Chapter Two - A Whole New World
Here's chapter two! Enjoy!

Oh yeah, thanks again for the great comments, guys!

Chapter 2 - A Whole New World

Nervous was walking down the highway, his stomach growling. He hadn’t eaten anything in five days, partially because he was too excited to eat anything.

The outside world amazed him! Everywhere he saw, he saw life in different colors. He loved how the dirt tickled and stabbed his feet when he walked on it. He liked the way the sun’s rays would hit his pale skin, warming him up and reddening his skin, He was also amazed when he went into the shade and found it was cooler than the places around him.

But what he loved the most was the local people. He felt ecstatic and yet frightened. He had been in the Beaker mansion for so long that he did not know what to expect from everybody, except for probably hatred and disgust because he was ugly and weird. Half of the time he though the people would throw stuff at him to drive him away from here.

But they didn’t.

They always smiled at him in a friendly way, not the evil way like Loki did. They waved at him from across the street, laughed when he flinched and then waved timidly back at them, and they would constantly walk up to him and ask him if he did a movie or a music video. Nervous didn’t know what either of those were, so he parried the question by juggling rocks, which he wasn’t too bad at doing, as a matter of fact!

But then his stomach growled again.

Desperate for food, Nervous entered a pink building that was right next to him. It turned out to be a grocery store, with a bunch of food in it!

Nervous didn’t know how long he stood there, drooling all over the food. But somebody shook him out of his reverie.

“Hey!”

“You going to buy something or just stand there?”

“Oh…..you have to buy it?”

“Yep, that’s the rule over here. Now, are you going to buy something or are you just going to make a mess all over our floor?”

“Oh…sorry. I can’t buy anything, I don’t have anything...”

“Well then get out of here!” and the store clerk shooed Nervous out back into the street. And Nervous’ stomach growled again, except more loudly and it was starting to hurt.

Nervous walked around the parking lot, trying to think of a way to get food. Well, Loki and Circe would always disappear from time to time in uniforms. Maybe they went somewhere where there was food? But then, why would they have a refrigerator? Probably for me, though Nervous. Oh wait, I wasn’t allowed access to the fridge. As Nervous walked around and around in a circle, trying to put the pieces together, his stomach started to hurt. And he was starting to get sweaty in his sweater.

Finally, he stopped walking and looked up to the sky, where for many nights he prayed to lead a normal life.

“Oh please, oh wonderful gods who have been kind to me, you gave me a normal life but I don’t know how to play. Please, if anybody up there is listening to this lone voice in the sky, please, could you provide a book or something to help me with this normal life?”

After he said this, the sky was silent, with the clouds drifting peacefully above him. Nervous started to give up hope when he felt something tap on his shoulder. Nervous froze like a statue, not knowing what to do. It could be Circe and he was caught! Oh lords above, help me! Then he heard a voice, unlike Circe’s.

“Hey there!”

“It’s a little unseasonable to be wearing a sweater, isn’t it?”

“Umm…well…umm…” Nervous stammered as he turned around to find a beautiful, young woman looking at him. Nervous started to get nervous and he tried looking for rocks to juggle; there were none.

“He he, what’s wrong? Never met a girl before?”

“Umm…..yes?”

Then she burst into a laughing fit, which made it hard for Nervous to hear what she was saying. But he heard enough to translate it. “God, you’re funny. What’s your name?”

Nervous couldn’t tell her because he didn’t know what his real name was. And of course she wouldn’t believe him if he told her his name was “Nervous Subject”. Then he got a crazier idea: She might be friends with Loki and Circe and she was here to take him back! He couldn’t go through that! Not after all he had seen! Stay cool, Nervous, stay cool and just tell her a name, any name!

“Um…I...uh...Imaid Aduti?”

The girl stopped laughing all of the sudden gave him a weird look and asked “Um….what did you say again?”

“Umm…I mean…Uh…Ner…uh…Nick….Carper. Nick Carper.” He felt embarrassed stammering that. He didn’t know were the heck that name came from. Carper? As in Carpenter? Wait, what was a carpenter?

“Nick? That’s a nice name. I’m Ashley.”

“Um…wow, nice to meet you….Ashley.” Nervous gave her a sort of weak smile and she smiled back.

“You don’t look like you’re from around Strangetown. Are you new?”

It was Nervous’ turn to give her a weird look. “Um….Strangetown?”

“Yeah, that’s the name of the town. It’s pretty small, if you haven’t noticed. Nearly everybody knows everybody and we can tell fairly easily who’s new around here.” As she said that she looked at him with a faint curiousity and….a sort of attraction?

“Why is it called Strangetown? It doesn’t seem really strange, does it?”

“Actually, you’ll be surprised. We have a lot of abnormities around here.”

“Abnormities?”

“Things that are abnormal. Like the Smiths. The old man living there is an alien and their son is half an alien. His mother is human.” She added when she saw Nervous’ face.

“A human marrying an…..alien?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty strange. Also, Olive is one of the weird types as well. She has a graveyard out in front of her house. She likes paranormal and claims she met the Grim Reaper. And of course we have the Beakers” and she pointed at the Beaker Mansion on top of the hill.

“B-B-B-Beaker Mansion?” Nervous stammered. He knew that place only too well.

“Yeah. A lot of strange things happen over there. Just like last week I heard someone scream and the scream happened to be from that mansion. It sounded terrible. Of course, somebody is always screaming in there, but last week it…well…it just sounded worse than before.”

Yes, it must’ve been, thought Nervous. It was me screaming. He remembered Loki’s words: “You scream louder than a baby wantin’ a bottle”. That was what she heard: him screaming in pain.

“You okay, Nick? You look a little pale?”

“Yeah…um…I’m fine. I…uh…can imagine how it must feel to be screaming like that.” Nervous looked back at the mansion.

“Yeah. I feel bad for that dude. Well, anyways, I better get going. Nice to meet you, Nick.” And with a friendly wave, she left him standing in the middle of the parking lot. Nervous waved back, but he stopped quickly and looked back. At least I won’t feel pain anymore, he though as he headed away from the parking lot, away from the mansion.

But unfortunately, he was wrong…

End of Chapter 2
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 9:50 PM
Your story is amazing! It's very well written and has a nice plot. I can't wait to see more

Just Call Me Allie :)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 11:52 PM
I like the story so far.
And Nervous is a victim of plastic surgery! He looks good now
Can't wait for more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:06 AM
Well, I had to give him plastic surgery for the story purposes, but for the story plot it's a surprise you'll have to see in Chapter 3.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:39 AM
wow this is getting better and better! I love it!! it has like a Edward Szzissor hand feel to it...opps i spelled that wrong lol oh well

Am Back and its Time to get BittersWeet xoxo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 11:59 PM
Default Chapter Three - Nervous Meets Death
Here we are! Chapter Three! Enjoy! :D

Chapter 3 - Nervous Meets Death

Several weeks later….

Things were finally starting to look up. Nervous applied for a job in culinary and is now a dishwasher for a small diner out in the middle of nowhere. It was long hours with barely any pay, but he was okay with it. Actually, he was ecstatic when he got his first paycheck. He had never earned money before, so it was an honor to be holding a check in his hands. Then he ran into a brick wall: buying stuff with it.

Nervous went all over Strangetown, trying to buy something with the check. Nobody was accepting it and Nervous was starting get hungry again. He had to start eating out of trash cans because he couldn’t buy food for his fridge, and his stomach. He was confused as to WHY nobody would accept a piece of paper. He was starting to give up on this new life and actually had thoughts of going back to Loki and Circe’s place.

Then, he had met a nice, old man who was willing to sell his warehouse for a very low price, considering it was in great shape! It’s a little bare on the inside, with no windows, but Nervous was able to move all of the shelves into his “bedroom”, where he sleeps. Surprisingly, the old man accepted the check and had explained to Nervous that he had to go to a bank to cash the check so that he could “officially” buy stuff. He too thought it was insane that nobody was accepting a check, but that’s the way things work.

He didn’t see Ashley for quite some time, but he was okay with it. Even though he felt a certain attraction to her, he knew it would never work out: Marriage. Maybe they could date and get to know each other most of the time, but something inside Nervous told him not to get too involved. It wasn’t worth it to get his heart broken into tiny pieces that he would never be able to put together again.

As he was reading some of the donated books the old man gave him, his mind wandered onto Loki and Circe. He wondered how they were feeling: Were they sad that he ran away? Were they mad at him for leaving without notice? Or did they just shrug and get a new experiment, as Loki would’ve done? Part of him hoped that it was the first option, but the rest of him argued that it was the last one.

Then, all of the sudden, unconsciously, he started to think about his parents. What were they like? Were they kind people like Ashley? Were they mean and harsh like Loki? And one question that has intrigued him, for as far as he can remember, is WHAT happened to them? Did they neglect him like Loki? Was he kidnapped by Loki or by a friend of Loki’s? Or, did they die, like from a tragic accident or something?

As his mind started to wander around these questions and less about what’s going on around him, a figure, in a grey robe that looked like it has seen better days, has just appeared behind Nervous. Staring at Nervous, who was stuck in between reality and daydream with his own thoughts, he spoke quietly, but with a deep, rasping sound. “Hello, son.”

Nervous came back to reality and jumped when he heard a voice. He thought he was all alone in this warehouse. Besides, he would have known if somebody came through the door. Or would he? He jumped out from his seat and turned to the strange, spooky voice to find a figure standing some feet away from him.

“Who…who…who are you?” Nervous did not like how this sinister person was staring at him. There was something wrong about him, but Nervous couldn’t lay his finger on it.

“I’m am Death, yet most people refer to me as the Grim Reaper. Honestly, I have no idea how this came to be, but it came to be and…here we are.”

Then Nervous saw what was wrong. This wasn’t a person at all! It was just a skeleton; an animating skeleton. This sent uncontrollable shivers up his spine. Then Grim spoke as is he read Nervous’ mind.

“I am not merely a skeleton as you think. Though my body is dead, the mind and soul still live. You will find this yourself, then again, maybe not. Considering your heritage, it all depends….”

“Heritage? You know something about my parents?” Nervous abandoned all pretenses when he heard about his parents. Did Death know something about them? Nervous’ heart started to race and fill with joy! Something that was kept hidden from him for years and years was about to be revealed….

“He he…yeah, I know something your parents. And you’re wondering, I bet, if they’re dead or alive, is that correct?”

“Um….yeah, I am.”

“Well, since I’m not good at talking to anybody, I’ll break it to you straight. Or…perhaps you would rather not know?”

“No no! I want to know! Please….er…Mr. Death? What happened to my parents?”

Grim just stared at Nervous as he stood there. Then, Grim sounded almost human; he sounded like he was ashamed of something he was admitting.

“Your parents….are alive.”

Nervous was astounded. So they were alive! They were actually alive! But, something seemed a little off….

“Well….who’s my mother?”

“Your mother is Olive Specter, the little old lady that lives in the house in Strangetown.”

“Wait….wasn’t she the one with the graveyard in front of her house?”

“That….is correct. She's still alive, but it won't be for long, for her time is coming.”

Nervous’ heart was fluttering. His mother was alive and better yet, it was somebody whom he heard of before. Barely. He wondered how he could get in contact with her, but he put that aside for now.

“Who’s my father?”

Grim did not answer immediately. He just silently looked own at his own feet, or at least, where his feet would be. Nervous looked at him nervously: Was there something that Death did not want Nervous to know? As Nervous took a step towards him, Grim gave a big sigh and said mournfully, “I…am your father.”

The next few seconds were confusing; thoughts were racing through Nervous’ mind and he was having a hard time putting them back together. Then he understood and gasped, the Grim Reaper was his father! But…how could that be? He’s not human; how could he be his father when he doesn’t have….well, you know.

Nervous was frightened of him. He tried to take a step back and knocked into a chair, making a dreadful crash. Unharmed, Nervous got back to his feet and ran all the way to the wall, where he desperately tried to hide himself by standing still.

“I’m sorry, son. I didn’t want to let you know until the opportune time…”

“You think THIS is an opportune time?” Nervous had all of the sudden gotten angry. He didn’t know where this anger came from; probably from all the years he was trapped with Loki and Circe.

“You should know that I was the one who made you who you are, these past couple of weeks.”

“Wha….you…YOU did this to me? You helped me escape Loki?”

“Yes….and I can turn you back, if you like…or maybe not. It depends on what happens…”

“No….no….No, you CAN’T turn me back! I don’t want to be a….a….a freak! For once I’m leading a normal life, don’t you understand? Years I have been trapped in that place and now I’m free and you want to turn me back into a monster?! I can’t go back! I WON’T be a guinea pig, whatever that is, to them anymore, do you understand?!”

“That depends on how you behave. Keep your head down and you’ll be fine…”

Then there was a great flash of blinding light and Nervous was knocked unconscious after hitting the wall while Death disappeared in a puff of smoke.

End of Chapter 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 2:48 PM
Thanks. I'm glad you like the story so far. *And I don't think Loki's handsome either. XD But you know Nervous: doesn't know what he's talking about.*

And yes, I based Nervous' face off of the first template and tweaked it a little bit. I also changed the personality because he kept eating out of the trash can. So disgusting. And also, who likes mean sims? :screwy: lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 3:04 PM
I always hated how all the mean sims in the neighborhood kept on stealing my gnomes! :banghead: In the end I just placed them up in the attic and forgot about them. :P

Why don't they just steal flamingo statues? They can have as many as they want and I won't mind. lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 10:26 PM
Default Chapter Four - Olive and Death
Turns out there was an easter egg hidden in the game: there are TWO Nervous Subjects in Strangetown! One of them is the main character that looked like beak-boy and the other is a chubby clone of Nervous who died some time ago. *Location of Grave Unknown*

Chapter 4 - Olive and Grim

Specter House, 10:22 pm…

“You heard me, young lady, now get to bed!”

“But Aunt Olive….”

“No buts. It’s a school night and you know very well that you are not allowed to go out on school nights.”

Ophelia glared at her aunt before heading to her room. She could not believe that she wasn’t allowed to go out tonight! Muttering under her breath, she slammed her bedroom door shut, leaving the house quiet. Actually, it wasn’t that quiet because all the ghosts seemed to have decided that they should roam around today.

And what a mess it’s going to be tomorrow, though Olive. For some reason they always leave puddles behind, which then turn into weeds. And as if I hadn’t got enough chores to do as it is. Throwing up her hands in frustration, Olive heads outside to sit with the ghosts.

She always had a certain attraction to death, which was part of the reason for many gravestones in her front yard. Most people don’t know why, except some think that the reason was because every person she knew died a mysterious death. Which gets them thinking real hard about WHO Olive really was.

Of course most people think that she killed everyone she loved for some wicked reason. Some theorize that the killing started when she was left at the alter the day she was to be wed to Earl E. De-Something, whoever he was. Or maybe she just like death?

They are fools, Olive thought as she sat in the middle of the graveyard. The ghosts were being restless and leaving huge messes in the yard. She was about to doze off when she heard someone enter her yard.

“What? Who’s there?”

“I’m surprised you don’t recognize me, Olive.”

A figure in a grey robe appeared in front of her. She didn’t flinch, but just stared at him with recognition.

“How are you?”

“Busy. Everybody is dieing left and right due for some reason or another.” The figure gave a big sigh and continued. “The sooner this pandemic stops, the sooner I’ll be with you again, my love.”

“Oh don’t waste your flattery on me. I’m merely poor women who has had her heart broken many times in the past.”

“But not my me.”

They were silent for a few moments. The ghosts were still wandering around, but many of them have retreated by to their graves, probably due to the sudden appearance of a strange guest. Then, Olive broke the silence:

“So…any news about my son?”

“Which son?”

“You know….the one that’s alive?”

The figure was silent for a moment. This was the part of the discussion he did not want to get involved with at the moment: what happened between him and Olive’s son.

“Well….he didn’t take it too well.”

“How so?”

The figure looked into Olive’s eyes and she understood at once.

“Ah, I see. Well, you tried your best. But I did warn you, did I not, that when he finds out his heritage that he may not take it as well as you thought?”

“Yes, you did warn me. I don’t know what he going to do now. Probably going to keep quiet by the looks of it.”

“If he thinks he was just hallucinating, then he’ll keep it quiet. But if he does tell, then people will just agree with him that he was just hallucinating.”

“He he…you do have a way with words, Olive.”

Olive blushed and looking away, she said, “Oh gosh…for someone such as you, you sure do know how to perk a lady up.” When she looked back, she saw that the figure was gone. Nodding, as if she was agreeing with something, she headed back towards the house into the still night.

End of Chapter 4
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 10:55 PM
You need to fix Olive's name. it says Oliver all over the place :D

Other then thats sweet update! I always thought of grim as an uncarring, cold bastard xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 11:11 PM
Thanks for notifying me, Kyle. I wrote this in the middle of the night yesterday and I could hardly stay awake, much less see what I'm typing. lol
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 2:10 AM
No problem Happens to me too sometime. I had troubles sleeping lately so I just saty up and write xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st May 2009 at 12:15 AM
Default Chapter Five - Loki and Circe Hatch a Plan
It's a little on the short side, but I promise that chapter six is longer. And I mean really long. It's going to have to be in two parts, I bet.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 5 – Loki and Circe Hatch a Plan

12:06 am at Beaker Mansion…

“NO! God dammit, NO!”

“Honey, relax…”

“How could you tell me to relax, eh?! My experiment is not even halfway complete and already those…blasted scientists are breathing down my neck! How do you expect me to keep calm?!”

Loki was mad; actually, he was furious. The scientists from SimCity came to check up on Loki's progress and, well, let's just say they were dissapointed when they saw the incomplete experiment sitting on the table collecting dust. Loki had more things to worry about than his experiment, though.

“It had to be my luck that my test subject ran away! And now he’s dead, out in the middle of the desert, probably. Now what am I going to do with my Ultimate Mind Reader Machine? If I don’t invent first before the stinkin’ FBI does, how the heck are we going to be able to live here? We’ll have to live like monkeys in crummy houses!”

“Honey, I think you’re over-exaggerating…” Circe said, trying to calm Loki down. He was always like this; it was natural for him. But with the new and improved medicine, he wasn’t too bad. Most of the time.

“Oh don’t you tell me I’m over-exaggerating! This is the project of a lifetime and already I blew it! And all because Nervous Subject had to run away and choke in the middle of the desert!”

“Well….maybe he’s not dead?”

“How could you say that to me? He’s….”

“A new person has just appeared in Strangetown about a month ago. Just around the time Nervous Subject escaped. It could be him.” Circe added when she saw Loki’s confused face.

Loki thought for a moment silently. So maybe he didn’t die after all. Nobody knows who he is, except maybe the Curious brothers. But what are the chances that they would actually see Nervous out there? They hardly go outside except to go to work or to look through their fancy telescopes. So...maybe Circe’s hypothesis isn’t so far fetched…

“Well….okay. But how do we know it’s actually Nervous and not some terrorist?”

“Well, a friend of mine said she saw the new person. I explained what Nervous looked like and she said that besides the eye color and the hair color, he doesn’t look like Nervous.”

“Well, maybe he got a face transplant or something. God knows who’s doing those for free these days…he could’ve gotten one for all we know.”

Circe considered for a moment. There was no possible way to tell if that was really Nervous Subject because of that face transplant, but…..

“If we can drag him here, we could test his blood sample with Nervous Subject’s sample and see if the DNA matches. If it doesn’t, then you got yourself a new ‘assistant’. If it does…”

“Then that boy is in a world of hurt, I guarantee it! Running away without notice from his masters; what has gone through that boy’s head? Good lord…If I ever catch that boy, he will be electrocuted so much that his head would be spinning for weeks!”

“Now there’s no need to be too harsh to Nervous Subject. Remember about…”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. The Mind Reader thing. Well, this thing isn’t going to go unpunished, that’s for sure."

“Oh really? And how do you propose you do that?”

Loki just laughed his evil laughed and said “Oh trust me. I have a few ‘tricks’ up my sleeve.” And his laughter carried on throughout the dead of night.

End of Chapter 5
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th May 2009 at 2:35 AM
Nice job Clarissa, I'm quite enjoying reading this story. Oh and just to let you know you might want to take your pictures in live mode because some of them have gridlines in them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th May 2009 at 10:19 PM
This probably won't be updated for sometime, guys, just to give you a heads up. 1) The chapter is pretty long 2) I have finals coming up which means no free time. 3) My friend dared me to finish FFX-2, so I'll be kinda busy with that. 4) Parents are going nuts again and when they start yelling at each other, I just can't concentrate on anything.

So yeah, don't freak out or anything if this doesn't get updated for a while. It's just me being busy.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th May 2009 at 6:39 AM
Take your time, RL always comes first. Besides, you said that this chapter's gonna be long, so that will keep me waiting
Oh, and for finals, good luck! My sis is also going to have her finals next week.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 4:18 PM
Just read through it all, I LOVE IT! But yes, real life is more important. Good Luck on finals!

CRABS ARE OUR FRIENDS
-----------------------------
Please, call me mo.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 12:02 PM
Love this story - I always really liked Nervous, the poor guy. I hope everything is going well with your (what with parents arguing and finals) and that you'll eventually get around to posting the next chapter.

"Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news."
Doctor: Good news - you are completely healthy!
Patient: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [collapses and dies of chok]

http://www.iduniq.com - your own, personal unique ID - join the wave; I'm #3013 :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:42 PM
Quote:
Love this story - I always really liked Nervous, the poor guy.

Yes, he always seemed so 'cute' and 'defenceless' to me.

CRABS ARE OUR FRIENDS
Please, call me mo.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:12 AM
8D I really loved this chapter! I always made Loki very gentle (and betrayed by Circe with Nervous :o) in my game, so it's a pleasant change for me.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:37 PM
I never really played them much..now I will!

Hey thats a good Idea for a thread, 'What did YOU do with the beaker bunch?' LOL!

CRABS ARE OUR FRIENDS
Please, call me mo.
Page 1 of 2