Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Lavaster : 14th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Default Missing You -DISCONTINUED-
The moving-away part is based off a real event.
--------------------------------------------
I wish she knew... and now it's too late.
--------------------------------------------

"David... I want to tell you something." Gisselle Wilson said one day to her crush. She and her friend, David Dunn, were at the park in their neighborhood.
"I have something important to say, too," David replied. "Can I tell you first?"
"Go ahead," Gisselle smiled at him. "I don't have a problem with it."

"I'm moving to New Jersey."
Gisselle's heart dropped; David was... moving? Why? Did he have to? Her closest friend, her secret love, the man who had always been there to help her out... just like she always was supporting him when others didn't. Because David was intelligent, people didn't really like him. They teased him and although David acted like he knew they were joking, Gisselle knew that deep down, every remark was bringing him down. He needed her, and she needed him.
"Gisselle? Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Yes, sorry... um, where- I mean, when- are you moving? Are you going to stay there?"
"I'm moving this evening, actually. Most of my stuff, including my bed, is already at my place. I'm staying there... I don't know for how long, but I got a new job that pays really well... it's much better than my job here." David looked away; Gisselle knew him good enough (although he didn't realize that) to be able to tell that David regretted taking the job. Why, though? Did he know that he needed her to stay happy, to be himself and not become someone else even more unwanted?

"It's hard to believe that you're leaving... I never thought this would happen."
"I know that." David looked at Gisselle's ivy green eyes; they looked so sad but lovable. He quickly looked away; he couldn't stand that feeling that was so strong around them. The sorrow... the I'm-going-to-miss-you feeling... And that other feeling. David was sure he knew what it was but he wasn't comfortable to even tell himself what the feeling was.

"I'm sorry..." David said. "I won't be coming back here, either. A lot of people ridicule me, too. People don't like me."
So I'm not people? Gisselle thought to herself. She wanted so badly to say that to David, but she couldn't. She chickened out, but by the time she grew the courage, the moment would be long gone.
"I hope you'll enjoy it, where you're going."

David looked up at Gisselle and into her beautiful, charming eyes. This time, his eyes were locked with hers.
"I need to pack up the rest of my stuff. Good bye, Gisselle." Abruptly he got up and walked away without even hugging her or anything. Gisselle looked down at her boots as a tear drop rolled down her cheek.

--------------------------------
So whadya think? What do you like about my story? Post your feedback below! You know you want to!

ENTJ
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 9:05 AM
I love how your pics are like a movie trailer or something! Their relationship seems doomed from the start, though. O.O Post more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 2:51 AM
Default Chapter 2. Talking does Nothing
NOTE: When I mention GoopyBook and MyLot, GoopyBook is made up to replace FaceBook and MyLot is made up to replace MySpace.
----------------

Gisselle stood up from the table. David copied.
"So... um, I hope you like your new neighborhood." She said to him softly.
"I hope so, too."

"I'm just... going to miss you, you know.. I had to say that." Gisselle spoke, quietly, again.

"Yeah... I have to go now. Bye." David replied; he was quiet, too.

One Month Later

"Sheelah? Hey there... Yeah, just another day at work, same old, same old."
It was another work day for Gisselle as a day care supervisor. Kids were running amuck and toddlers were shouting and yelling and stomping their feet. Her best friend, Sheelah Kimson, had called her while she was at work.
"Hey, have you heard from David? Do you know where he lives now?"
"David... no. I haven't, actually." Gisselle responded. David. Her heart still ached, and she was so heartbroken and missed him so much that she could never think right about trying to find him.
"You really should... give him a call or shoot him an e-mail, maybe you can have him tell you where, if you don't know."
"I don't... I don't have his e-mail. Or number. I... never asked. It was sooo last minute, he was going to leave that day... what was I supposed to do? I couldn't think straight! Sheelah, you'd feel the same way if you were me."

"Well, I'm sorry about that... maybe you could... I dunno. Look him up in the phone book?"
"Sheelah, who lets their number be put in the phone book?"
"Um... I know... some people..."
"Who aren't business men."
"I... am clueless. Listen, I have to go eat dinner with my mom, I'm really sorry. I'll call you tomorrow, probably... I don't know."
"That's fine... I think one of my kids, James, threw a block at Adele... thanks for calling, though."
"You're welcome. See you."
Gisselle hung up and put the phone back. She sighed and examined the room full of toddlers and two preteens playing tag. She should've asked... If only she weren't stupid.
The following week...

"So it's been like, what, a month and a half or something? And you've only talked to me, correct?"
"Unfortunately... I'd like to be more social."
"You used to almost talk to David, like, all the time. So why not get a boyfriend? That sounds like a pretty cool idea... at least to me. Whadya think?"

"A... boyfriend? I've never... thought about that. I mean, besides wishing that David was my boyfriend. I mean... now that sounds pathetic, but..."
"C'mon, you keep acting so... depressed! It's, like, gonna ruin your reputation... take this advice from a friend. From me."
They continued walking and the conversation resumed.

"Stop... I mean, can we take a break?" Gisselle asked abruptly, looking to her right at the park where she and David always hung out. Many good memories were made here, and Gisselle had many photographs of them together at this park. She wondered if David treasured these memories as well as her... she wondered if he loved her secretly, too.

"Why did we come here?" Sheelah asked, clueless.
"Me and David... we used to always hang out here," Gisselle smiled softly to herself and looked down at the grass. "We were great friends... just like you and me." Gisselle looked up at Sheelah and smiled again.
"What are you looking at me for?"
"Um... nothing. Nevermind..."
"Okaaaay... talk about awkward! I hate it when green-eyed people look at me 'cuz then it looks like they're gay." Sheelah laughed. "I'm kiddin'. You know me and my crude humor!"
"Huh." Gisselle said and Sheelah stopped laughing. She looked up at Gisselle questioningly.
"Oh. Sorry... I'm sorry about my... joke." Sheelah cleared her throat.
The girls sat down at the table where Gisselle and David always used to talk.

"So like I was saying, you should find a boyfriend! I think I've seen this hot guy around this block somewhere... I know he lives around here, but I dunno where. I've talked to him, his name is... erm, I think it's Cody... I have no idea." Sheelah laughed awkwardly and looked up at a bird flying freely across the sky. She was sort of half-expecting it to be covered with oil from the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Strangetown... then again, they didn't even live close to the Gulf of Strangetown. Sheelah often had random thoughts pop up in her head; it was her random and cheerful personality. It was actually surprising to most people that Sheelah could also be very negative about things she didn't exactly like.

"Okay then... do you want to go get ice cream or something? Maybe Chinese food?" Gisselle asked politely to change the subject. Besides, she wasn't really comfortable sitting in this same table she shared with David anymore.
"Let's go for ice cream. I'm going to have vanilla with nuts and hardening chocolate fudge!" Sheelah chuckled and she stood up. "I'm going to pay for my own, so it's not all on you this time. I feel bad about letting you pay for my ice cream all the time; it's just not fair, now, is it?"
"Um... no? I don't know," Gisselle cheered up, standing up.

They turned around and Sheelah crossed her arms, nodding her head.
"Ooh, look at that hottie! That's the guy I told you about, Cody."
"If his name even is Cody... he looks pretty cute, anyway. Let's go talk to him. Introduce me."
"Sure. Let's go."
They walked across the street and greeted this "Cody" guy.

"Hey, Sheelah, I have to say... it might sound stupid but anyways, your friend Gisselle looks really cute!" Cody complimented through Sheelah. Sheelah looked over at Gisselle to see if Gisselle was listening to that. Gisselle blushed and giggled.
The following month
Gisselle and Cody have been dating for a month now, but Gisselle has never forgotten about David. David hasn't, either.

I should have given her my cell phone number. I can't live with myself... it's... it's hard to say this to myself but... I think I love Gisselle. I can't believe I let her slip through my fingers. I wonder if she liked me...

I can't believe I hadn't taken the time... to really tell myself what I feel for her, I can't believe that I never told her how much I... love her.

I should have never taken this new job. I don't know what to do here, I'm too shy to talk to anyone here... my bad reputation is forming here. I need her. And I think... I think she needs me, too.
That same night

"Let's see here... David Dunn... I hit enter... hmm. It looks like I've found his address!" Gisselle smiled and searched to see if she could find more information.

"It doesn't look like he has any GoopyBook or MyLot... Let alone a single YouTube account. But at least I have his address... and that's what really matters here. Guess he'll have a surprise tomorrow morning!"
The Next Morning

"What? I thought he..." Gisselle sighed. He had to move... again. And so soon, too! Maybe he discovered it would be more convenient to live somewhere else for his job, or maybe... it was a temporary living space for him? I just hope he isn't too far now..."

CHAPTER 3 COMING SOON
Note: This story looks like it's going to be short, like most of my stories. But it's better than having to discontinue them! This was a long chapter... 19 pics! If you have any questions about the pictures or this story, just comment. I read all of the comments on my stories! :P

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Lavaster : 9th Jul 2010 at 6:40 AM.
Default Going on Break
Delay for next chapter. It's my b-day tomorrow so I am quite busy. It is my father's birthday on July 9 so that will cause more delays. Sorry, everyone!
Update: I am discontinuing the story FOR NOW... meaning I'll get back to it later. Sorry, everyone! This week is super busy!

ENTJ