Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 5:47 AM
The Ladies of Pleasantview
The Ladies of Pleasantview ~ By Prunecess

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

Whether it was from the stench of all of the cans and garbage on his floor or from the loud traffic of outside, something woke Don Lothario up and he was glad it did. The date was May 25, 2005, and to any other person this would mean nothing. To Don, this would be the day he gave up his freedom.

He would be marrying Cassandra Goth in less than 24 hours.

"Damn!" He said as he looked at the clock. It was ten o'clock, an hour past the time he should have been at Cassandra's house. He checked his phone to see if anyone had called, and found 27 missed calls from his fiance'. He cursed to himself again and found his tux hanging up in the closet.

Cassandra sat in her room, five hours till the wedding would begin, and her fiance hadn't shown up yet. She looked down at her phone, another reminder of the fact that he hadn't picked up any of her calls. Shaking, she dialed his number again and waited for the answering machine she knew would come. Don didn't pick up his phone again, but Cassandra couldn't wait any longer.
She hastily threw her phone on the chair and began to get ready for the event.
Regardless of whether Don showed up or not, she needed to look presentable to tell her guests that they had come for no reason at all.

Anxiously, Brandi Broke put her youngest son down for a nap. She had three hours before Dustin would be home, which meant she had three hours to calm down and three hours to decide what she was going to do.
She heard a beep coming from the other room, which obviously meant that her timer had gone off. She turned, shaking harder than she ever had, and entered the bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror, refusing to look down and face what she had been dreading for weeks. As a single tear fell from her eye, she knew what she had to do. She looked down and saw a small plus sign, the obvious mark of her third child and the last link to her husband.
"Skip..." She whispered, falling to the floor and breaking out in tears.

"I'm home!" Mary-Sue called. After getting fired from her perfect job, she had hoped her husband would be happily surprised at her early home-coming. She needed something to relax her, and Daniel always knew how.

"Hey, honey." He said as Mary-Sue entered the room. "You're home early."
"It sucks, I got fired. But I know what will cheer me up." She winked and went into the other room, intending to change into more comfortable clothes.
Being fired was definately always the last thing on her mind, because to her not having a job would mean not having a life. It was this reason that Mary-Sue was so worried that she wasn't so mad.

She entered the bedroom and turned towards the dresser before seeing something - or someone - outside by her pool. It was Kaylynn, the maid, hurrying past the window in her underwear.
Slowly, the truth of what Mary-Sue had been dreading for months came back to her. Kaylynn hadn't just been there for a dip in the pool...

Time had gone by too fast for Cassandra's liking. It was now 2:30, and the ceremony would start in half an hour. Don still hadn't shown up, which was causing her a tremendous amount of grief.
She heard a noise from out in the hallway and turned, hoping beyond belief that Don would burst in the door any second.

Before long, Cassandras assumptions were proven true as her fiance ran through the door, panting.
"I'm so sorry! I woke up late and it took me forever to get ready and drive over here in the traffic."
Without thinking, Cassandra kissed him and held him tight in her arms.
"You scared me! You do realize it starts in," she checked the clock, "17 minutes!"
He muttered his apoligies, and, when she had forgiven him, they prepared for the wedding.

30 minutes later, they were standing under an arch in front of their many friends and neighbors, preparing to say their vows.
"I do" Said Cassandra, taking a ring from her young cousin. The preacher looked over at Don, reciting the words he must have said thousands of times before.
"I, I.." Don looked out at the crowd, not knowing what to say. He wasn't used to having a schedule, and today made him realize that having to always be on time and meet someones standards wasn't something he needed. "I'm sorry."
And he ran away.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

"Of course this is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" ALBUS PERCIVAL WULFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Molly Weasley.

To my French class, I am known as Ron Weasley. Because we are a cool bunch.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:53 AM
Default nice
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 5:26 AM
I like it! I hope you plan on continuing!