Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:24 PM
Default How hard would it be to disable in game pop ups?
Ok, so I'm looking into modding, which I'll admit I know little about. What I'd like to do is disabled everything that prevents kids/teens from living alone. The game prevents this by issuing four pop ups. The first is in the CAS and tells you the house must have an adult. The next is when someone dies (regardless of their age) and there are only kids left, this says game over. Then if you try and move out and leave just kids/teens you get another. The last when you have a household of only kids/teens and try to place them in a house from the neighborhood menu.
So is there a way to disable these and emancipate your sim minors?
Could the "move household" feature be added to kids/teens phone?
How big of an undertaking would this be?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 2:06 PM
Well it's not the popups that do the actual disabling, those are only put up in addition to checking and preventing etc.

I'd look at the threads by DrChillgood on teens and school, both here and in the EA modding forum, to get an idea what the scope of this might be. Most likely this would need to be a script mod that prevents a check from running (similar to that age-up check that puts teens back in school). Some tuning might also be in the XML, I believe I've seen age checks to do with households in passing (when I was looking for something else though, so I don't remember what they where).

Perfectly doable, I would think, at least the Maxis person answering those questions on teens vs school didn't indicate otherwise.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.