Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 6:08 PM
Default Sunshine Orphanage Isn't That Great.
Original Creator: Simlover7114 (The original threat http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment)

BACK STORY:

You are only a newborn baby when your mother drops you off at the orphanage in Oasis Springs (this doesn't have to be your city). It is only a week before your birthday and you don't know it yet, but your life is about to become a living nightmare. Your first 5 days are amazing, the woman who runs the orphanage is awfully nice, but you never see any of the other children, but to be fair, you are only a newborn baby . But on the sixth day you start to become more aware, you're turning 5 tomorrow after all! But the woman who has been caring for you isn't around as much. Finally your birthday is here! Your caretaker comes in and acts like its nothing at all but abruptly stops and pulls you by the arm. You don't know where you're going, you've never seen anything but your room in the orphanage. Suddenly she opens a door that reveals a set of stairs leading to the other floor. You think to yourself "Where is she taking me?" You then start seeing small areas where children are staying. None even allowed in the same area. Finally you gather the courage to ask a question and speak "What are you doing with me?" The woman responds, "taking you away from comfort. You earn me money now." You are caught by surprise as you realize the areas the others are in are like cages with large locks, you also take notice of the woman's loop of keys on her hip. She pulls you by the arm to the end of the room and shoves you into the cage. You have plenty of objects to use but they all would make her money. You begin to wonder how you'll ever get out of this dark, damp, cage. Also how to save the others. There is one who is a teenager who you can tell has been there for a while, all her clothes were child sized and torn, ripped, and completely disgusting. You HAVE to get out of there before you end up dying like she will if you all cant escape. Every day the woman comes down and leaves 2 plates of food in the middle of the room of cages and unlocks the cages, then she hurries upstairs and locks the door so we cant escape. You and the female teen get the food while the others are still sleeping sickly in their cells. You and the teen grow pretty close through these meets when they both get the food and those 3 hours where the cells are unlocked.
Well wasn't that interesting?

CREATING THE HOUSE!!!

There must be a nice looking lobby and entire first floor, I mean some parents will want to look around to be sure they can leave their children if they cant care for them. It just makes since.
There has to be the comfort room on the first floor.
The Cells must be in the upper floor of the house (The house must have three floors) in the Caretakers room must have an expensive bed, dresser, personal bathroom connected to it, and anything else you'd like to add.
For the Cells there must be one for each sim but the caretaker. They include, the cheapest bed cheapest sink, cheapest toilet or if you are using fences to make it more like a cell use a toilet stall so they don't try to shoo everyone away, and a few objects they can use to earn money for the no good caretaker. Also it has to have the disguise of an orphanage.

GOAL!!!

You have to get OUT of there and try to get out with the others, or well, as many as you can that are still alive.
You win if you can get out with at least 1 other person.
You lose if you cant escape.
If you escape but the other gets caught (caretaker comes into room that you are already out of and sees other) you also lose for getting the other on really bad terms with the caretaker, or if it's three times they have been caught they will be killed that day in front of all the others.
I cant think of any scoring but feel free to make one up, but stick to it!
You also lose if a police officer sees the cells with the children (If you have the Get to Work expansion pack).
To escape leave during the time while the caretaker is asleep, because she is a light sleeper you cant go to fast or it will wake her up. You have to go quietly and step by step. If she moves in her sleep while you go by, it means she woke up and caught you escaping, or you could roll to see, but stick to you numbers. Also if she is already up and you attempt it and you get caught (her entering the room) you will have one strike and stuck back upstairs!

CREATING THE SIMS!!!
First the Caretaker must have the evil and hot headed. The clothes are up to you.

The teen and the children have whatever trait you like but the clothes must be in bad shape.

Another Note: All traits for anyone but the no good caretaker, must be randomized. Nothing can help or hurt them purposely.

EXTRAS!!!

There are 5 modes 1)Very easy(3 kids 2 teenagers 1 Caretaker) Easy (4 kids 1 teenager 1 Caretaker) Normal (6 kids 1 teenager 1 Caretaker) Hard (5 kids 1 teenager 2 Caretakers) Impossible (5 Kids 3 Caretakers) fell free to chose what you like. In the modes that has more than one Caretaker you must have them on the same floor but different rooms.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:38 PM
So this is what happens after the Social Workers take our kids... why am I not surprised
I have an aversion to killing or letting die sims children, so after the three strikes I´ll declare the kid dead for purpose of the story and the challenge, while in truth I´ll get him/her out and save to the library.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 1:38 PM
This challenge was a good idea; but I think it is too easy - or I am not understanding the rules (very possible! lol).
I made my caretakers (2) and my kids, the orphanage, cells, etc. On the very first night that the caretakers went to sleep, all the children were able to escape easily. Neither couple moved in their sleep. Is there something I am doing wrong?
<_<
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLestat
This challenge was a good idea; but I think it is too easy - or I am not understanding the rules (very possible! lol).
I made my caretakers (2) and my kids, the orphanage, cells, etc. On the very first night that the caretakers went to sleep, all the children were able to escape easily. Neither couple moved in their sleep. Is there something I am doing wrong?
<_<

Well it depends on how you have build the house and somewhere on the threat (don't remember where) the Caretaker(s) are light sleepers and when your sim is in the room and the Caretaker switches side (when she is sleeping) then you must change sides.Also don't control the Caretaker(s) you can control them only when it's time to serve food.