Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:37 PM
Default First Person Control?
Good or bad?
Being able to control your sims like in the console versions of the game (as an option mind)

"Now Take your sims to the movies or a friends house, and choose how they interact, with more precision than ever before! Control how they get to places, by bus? By Car? by Foot? No more getting stuck in the toilet with 17 other sims!"

Whad-ya-think?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:40 PM
Sounds fun, but then we would loose so much stuff as well : no way to kill uglytownies, you won't know what is happening in the rest of the lot... I like the god mod.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:44 PM
Lillubibi, But if you could turn it on and or off at will, changing to god mode and build/buy, would you like to see it?

I'd love to see it, as an added extra way of controlling them, on top of what we already have. In the console versions of the game (That allow layering of clothing, body sculpting and weight/fitness changes) It uses it well, extremely well, in fact!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 8:19 PM
bad... this is sims 3 not world of simcity
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 8:28 PM
Yes, but the psp versions of sims 2 could do this and so could the original sims on Ps2.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:49 PM
kustirider2: I know, What I think is that the ideas they used in console versions they are accepting the demands and bringing them to the Desktop game.

WorkYourMagic: Please explain further, Why not and whats so bad about adding it as an extra to what we already have?

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:52 PM
I was talking to magic BTW (not to cause confusion )
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:55 PM
oh... oh well, Comment added anyway!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 9:19 PM
For controls you could use the arrow keys to move the sim about, up=Forward, Right=Right etc, and you could use the "< and >" keys for the camera angle. Mouse could be used for general clicking and actions.

It (hopefully) wouldn't turn into a RPG as it has all the "god" type functions ontop.
Thats what I think anyway!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#10 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 6:17 PM
Knowing EAxis, they'd stuff it up, but the way I'd want it for single, bachelor sims, would be for you to click a button, then use WASD on the keyboard, + the mouse to select things to move them around, So you'd not be god, you'd actually be the sim instead.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 10:03 PM
I think there was a hack that allowed this in Sims 2. It was a cool feature, and providing it was optional, I wouldn't mind having it in the Sims 3. Being able to see things from a sims eyes could help take better screenshots/videos in game. And, it could be pretty fun, watching from a sim's view during certain activities.