Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 4:30 PM
Default Sims 4 Name File
Has anyone found the name file in the demo so that we can add more first and last names to choose from with the random name function in the demo?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jh3nry
Has anyone found the name file in the demo so that we can add more first and last names to choose from with the random name function in the demo?

Woah there, Tiger. The full game comes out in 9 days! The demo is pretty limited, so I doubt that it's possible (or worth it at this point, honestly).

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizlucy2
Woah there, Tiger. The full game comes out in 9 days! The demo is pretty limited, so I doubt that it's possible (or worth it at this point, honestly).

...???...
Inventor
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 7:03 PM
It's S4_545AC67A_006CA304_784760DD00959DFA%%+DATA.data and/or S4_545AC67A_006CA304_7036FF3703847744%%+DATA.data. (Not sure which, they both contain lists of 40 names each for the languages. The first one additionally includes the language codes.)

I'm not aware of a tool that let's you modify it at the moment. I've started writing a Sims 4 Data Viewer, but it can't edit data or add data at the moment.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
It's S4_545AC67A_006CA304_784760DD00959DFA%%+DATA.data and/or S4_545AC67A_006CA304_7036FF3703847744%%+DATA.data. (Not sure which, they both contain lists of 40 names each for the languages. The first one additionally includes the language codes.)

I'm not aware of a tool that let's you modify it at the moment. I've started writing a Sims 4 Data Viewer, but it can't edit data or add data at the moment.

That's great. The Data Viewer will be very helpful with or without edit capability. Thanks for the info!
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 11:25 PM
I've uploaded the viewer in the Modding Discussion section if you want to take a look. (It can't edit for now, since I'm still working on getting it to write data.)
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:12 PM
I've successfully changed the random names is CAS as my native language translation is kind of stupid...But I can't change the random townies name and they are still using the old translated names. Does anyone know where the townies generator file is in the packages?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kikiwalu
Does anyone know where the townies generator file is in the packages?

For others who are wondering about this, info from the horse's mouth:

Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruModSquad
Hey there, townies and CAS actually use different tuning. See resource 545ac67a:006ca304:7036ff3703847744 for spawned sims name tuning. But that resource is the client-side information only. I expect (but I'm not 100% certain) you will also need the simulation-side tuning data updated as well. See the modding documentation for more information about exporting client and simulation side tuning. The tdesc for this tuning is sims-sim_spawner.tdesc

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:31 PM
Ya this is actuaclly I asked the SimGuru yesterday. And I found probably the answer in today's guide, the sims.spawner used both XML and simdata tuning. Since I've modded the simdata resource, another XML tuning resource maybe needed to compelete this tuning.