Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Sorry not to get to this earlier; I've been out of town.

same here...

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This DDS image (and others in the UI) uses a compression that's not supported by s4pe at this time, maybe because its main use is for normal maps or storing data judging by the info I've found. I should be able to add viewing support in the next update. Meanwhile, if you modify this image you should save it using BC5 / ATI2 / 3Dc compression with no mipmaps.

Okay, that explains it, thx!
do you know how to get the non normalmpas of the textures?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#27 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 10:27 AM
The latest version of s4pe now unpacks and previews these images, which should make it easier to find what you want. Turns out they're not normal maps, they're a custom format with pairs of images which the game combines into one complete image. I'm currently working on a tool to convert them to/from one image - got the combination into one bmp working and still have to do the conversion back to two files.

More detailed info here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...s-in-ui-package

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#28 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 10:42 AM
Ahhhhhh, so that's what the issue was! Interesting to see the mystery solved, kudos to Cmar!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#29 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 5:55 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Aug 2016 at 4:24 PM.
Thanks, Esmeralda.

I've got the conversion working both ways, and will upload the tool after I clean up the code a bit.

Edit: The tool is uploaded: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=581475

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Page 2 of 2