Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 10:08 PM
Default Created a Hair/Hat combined mesh
I downloaded the mesh in image 1 and found the hair created by I don't remember who in image 2. I used blender to create combined mesh in image 3. I exported it to a wavefront object and tried to import it to TSR workshop. Either I get unhandled exception or outside the bounds of the array I don't know how to make to into a package file can someone point me in the right direction as to how
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 3:08 PM
Odd that none answered. I only work a little with hair, but TSRW in general does not like importing objects for CAS items (it works some times for decor type objects), even though it apparently has that option.
Hair needs proper bone assignment as any thing does. Use Meshing Tool Kit to convert .obj to geom, and geom to .wso. Open a hair/ hat in TSRW and export the .wso. In Tool Kit, transfer bones and morphs to your hair/ hat. Some hair/ hats do not have morphs, and TSRW will not allow them, so keep one that has no morphs, just in case.
What you have appears to be hair and hat together. You need a hair/ hat to clone from, but they are 2 meshes and appears you have 1. Many female hairs clone from mid short pigtails. Not sure why. You will need to make a "chip" to fill the second mesh group. In Blender, copy any single triangle face and separate from main mesh. Switch to the single face. Shrink it and move it inside the head to hide it. On UV edit, shrink it and move it anywhere off of your hair/ hat UV. Export it.
As TSRW wants both groups together, you may need to go to top left, Edit> Project Contents. Scroll down to geoms. Generally, they are in LOD order top to bottom, 0 to 3. Often, 0 and 1 will be 2 groups, 2 and 3 only one, and you do not need the chip. Usually, the hat group is the smaller and the hair is larger. Right click the larger and in the menu choose "import", then import your .wso for your new hair. In the smaller, import the chip. Naturally, replace textures as needed.