Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
Default Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
I've been making him during my spare time of making Doctor Who and i thought he was good enough to be uploaded. Well i was wrong. It says that Sims - Does not resemble celebrity/character enough. Here are the pictures. Thanks in advance.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:05 AM
I think that the top of the nose should be narrower and maybe tweak the corners of his lips up a bit and his ear should be slightly longer - the real PB has wrinkles too but I assume you want to mak a YA version? If so maybe post a pic of when he was younger.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:49 AM
you can't really make the ears larger in the sims 3 all it does is round them and then its kinda bad.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:22 AM
move his eyes and eyebrow down a little bit. so it's proportionate with the picture.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:04 PM
I found a younger picture of hi so this is what he looks like now.

Edit - so i found out that really isn't him. He looks so much like Pierce Brosnan though.
Screenshots
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:18 PM
So i don't really know what else to do/why he was rejected
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
Just by looking at the thumbnail, I would have never guessed it was Brosnan. :/ Honestly, it looks nothing like him. Another reason we don't allow split faced comparisons when making/uploading sims.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:34 PM
really lol, i thought they wanted it. This comment is misleading
Quote:
Please make sure to upload at least one comparison picture. Side-by-side photos with the sim and person they are based on in the same pose are preferred and best show how close you have been able to get the likeness of your sim.

What would you suggest to make it look more like him? I think it might have something to do with like his wrinkles but idk what to do about that.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:46 PM
I think by side-by-side they mean something like this. What you had was a split-face comparison.

(Don't mind the Sim. I just chose this as an example to keep up with the James Bond theme. )

As for your Sim, I think his eyes are too small. He kind of looks like Woll Smoth. Try to make them wider.
Perhaps make his nose a tad narrower too.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:50 PM
Maybe her eyes should be widened up a bit. And he need some wrinkles too, although Sims3 wrinkles are just too strong.
Are you making him an Adult or a Young Adult?
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:54 PM
lol that girl is just an example picture, the real thread for her can be found here.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350991

I'm probably going to make him young adult, adult doesn't add wrinkles it just makes his mouth scrawnier.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
Newest Picture - i made his eyes larder, his nose narrower on the bottom

Screenshots
Wiki Wizard
#13 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
He needs age lines on his forehead, and his outer eye corner needs to be lowered a bit

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:59 PM
care to tell me how to add age lines?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:00 AM
Have you tried making him into an elder to get the wrinkles? Also, his mouth is off. Both lips are a tiny bit too thin. Also, the bridge of the nose,near the eyes is a bit too wide and his nostrils need more flare. He's a tough guy to sim because he has no one outstanding feature that you can play up on.

Fake Edit: The cheekbones need more definition too.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Kolipoki : 30th Jun 2009 at 12:46 AM.
I have a question about this poster.... A) are they real sims/is the age lines added on B) is that supposed to resemble Pierce Brosnan?

For any of you who don't know it's the picture on the movie theater.

What do you mean by Fake Edit lol

All right here are the new pictures. I did everything you guys asked for except for the check thing because i'm not really sure what fake edit means. I put a picture of him as a young adult and as an elder. He looks kinda sad as an elder though (his standing position i mean). As an elder the rest of him looks pretty good. I don't really like the bottom of the eye dropping i wish i could change that.
Screenshots
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:35 AM
Any ideas? I wish there was a way to get the age lines but now the eye sags and stuff. All feedback is welcomed.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:17 AM
it's hard making celebrities with pudding faces, isn't it?
you could try making him for ts2 instead, haha. just a thought.
Instructor
#19 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:08 PM
just a little thing, but are his eyes the right color? It looks like the sim almost has black eyes, and the bond dude has blueish eyes....

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:03 PM
So any other feedback? I'd kinda like to upload him but i don't think he's ready and i don't know what else to do with him.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:09 PM
Are you already using HP's anti-puddingface textures? I'm sure they could help.
And don't make him an elder because of the eye problem you said... use the texture by HP - or create your own texture, making it a full-face make up. Don't ask me how to create that, i don't know :S i was just suggesting something that could help

95% kids enjoys pop and rap music... if you're one of the 5% that enjoys Death, Black and Thrash Metal copy and paste!

2 things about me:
A) The girl on my avatar is ME (not joking)
B) I'm a Slipknot fan!!! PSHYCHOSOCIAL! PSYCHOSOCIAL! LOOL ^^
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:26 PM
I don't think your guy resembles Brosnan at all. I certainly wouldn't download him. The eyes have to be blue as was already mentioned. Your guy looks also much younger than Brosnan when he was playing Bond, and I would actually suggest you get a foto of Brosnan when he was younger and try to change small detail stuff based on it. Brosnan starred in a TV series during the seventies, it was his big breakthrough at least in the States, but I cant recall the name of the series. Any Brosnan fan site should have it. I also dont think that poster on the theatre is supposed to be Brosnan, although I cant put a name on the guy right now, lol.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 7:08 PM
You can age an adult Sim, just go into the section where you can put beauty spots on a Sim. It is just below the mouth and just above the makeup in CAS. You can give him brow lines and wrinkles in the corner of his eyes.

You need to tweak him a lot more. His eyes are not quite right and his eye colour is more a gray-blue. Also, I think you should darken his skintone as this one makes him look really young.
Locked thread | Locked by: armiel Reason: contains useful info on sim making