Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 2:07 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 11th Oct 2010 at 7:06 PM.
Default Little House - The Edwards Family / Grace & John Jr.
The Edwards Family

Okay, one of the children is missing... Carl. He is inbetween John and Alicia, so I'm not sure what age to make him since the ages go from child and THEN teen. So he would have to be one of those two... Any suggestions?

Okay... here is the Edwards Family...

Isaiah Edwards

Grace Edwards

John Sanderson- Edwards

Alicia Sanderson- Edwards

Hope some of you will be interested in giving tips/ suggestions.
Thanks to all of you who do...

Okay, lets start with Isaiah Edwards... please give suggestions.
Thanks!

Screenshots

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Thanks! I don't always succeed but will give it my best.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 3:22 AM
I know you're just starting but I'd like to say that I'm really impressed! I think you've done a great job so far!
About Isaiah: Rotate eyes slightly
Darker Eyebrows
Thinner and wider bottom lip
lower bridge a little bit
raise chin

I think you should make Carl a child

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 3:26 AM
Wow! Is a big project!
Well: - the brows must be thick
- the lower eyelid must come down a bit
- try make wrinkles between the brows (it is a striking feature).

Gooood start!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I know you're just starting but I'd like to say that I'm really impressed! I think you've done a great job so far!
About Isaiah: Rotate eyes slightly
Darker Eyebrows
Thinner and wider bottom lip
lower bridge a little bit
raise chin

I think you should make Carl a child

Thank you Robodl95! I loved this show and all the cast.
I was a little worried about taking this on, but when I did one family... I just had to do another. So, it's nice to hear that you think it is going well, hopefully it will continue, lol.
Made all of your suggested changes, let me know if they need more, or less.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
Wow! Is a big project!
Well: - the brows must be thick
- the lower eyelid must come down a bit
- try make wrinkles between the brows (it is a striking feature).

Gooood start!

Thanks Monca!
Yes, as I said above when I did one family, I just had to do another. There are more from this cast that I want to do also.
I love them all, lol.

Tried to make you're suggested changes. I don't exactly know what more I can do to try and get the wrinkles btwn the eyes tho'. Let me know how this looks or what I can do to get more wrinkles, if you know any secrets...

Screenshots
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 2:44 AM
Oh! He is looking great!

Unfortunatelly I don't have any secret about it, lol.

Though I think the expression of the eyes is much better, I think the brows are too much rotate (he is a hungry eyes), I think you have to play a bit more with the brows.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 4:00 AM
Oh! He is looking great!

Unfortunatelly I don't have any secret about it, lol.

Though I think the expression of the eyes is much better, I think the brows are too much rotate (he is a hungry eyes), I think you have to play a bit more with the brows.

Thanks Monca!

Lol, okay... see how this is looking, better?

Screenshots
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 12:52 AM
Is it possible make the brows more thick? Or maybe change for another thick ones?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 5:02 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 1st Oct 2010 at 6:38 AM.
Thanks Monca!
I changed his brow to a bushier one. Better?

More tweaking...

Any other suggestions or changes needed or shall we move on to Grace?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 10:36 PM
Please, are there any other suggestions for changes to be made before we move on to Grace?
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 12:56 AM
Nasal bridge narrower. Great nose shape! Nose tip narrower, jaw narrower, and lips - especially bottom - narrower. Bottom lip a bit thicker top to bottom, I think. Great work!
Scholar
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 1:02 AM
I agree wit SimmyRH and I think he is super!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 4:01 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 3rd Oct 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Thanks Simmy!
Thanks Monca!

Tried to make the above requested changes.

Using LFBum's face mask as default now.
What I use on one I would like to use on all of the men in Little House, so that they can load them all in the same town/world, if they want to.

Screenshots
Scholar
#14 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 5:52 AM
Pull the cheekbones up a little and, maybe, make the face a bit thinner. He looks great! Do we have an option for a longer beard? I think the length of the actor's beard is making the sim's face look short. What do you think?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 6:26 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 4th Oct 2010 at 7:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Pull the cheekbones up a little and, maybe, make the face a bit thinner. He looks great! Do we have an option for a longer beard? I think the length of the actor's beard is making the sim's face look short. What do you think?

Hi Simmy, nice to see you!

Yes, I wish it were longer, but it isn't. I still think it will work though. I will try to check again tomorrow, but I have been searching for hair, beards and other things I could use and I haven't found anything ...

If I lower the chin ... it pulls the beard away from his mouth. I can try to lower the jaw and see how that looks.

Any better?
I looked for a longer beard but I couldn't find one. I even looks at The Sims Resource, even tho' we can't use it... nothing.
Screenshots
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:04 AM
I think it looks better. Good work! (Thanks for the welcome! I've not been on as much lately as my laptop died - second defective motherboard which the company won't replace. So, I've been researching a new laptop. Exciting, but a pain.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:14 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 5th Oct 2010 at 6:36 AM.
Any final suggestions on Isaiah before we move on? Please give feedback, or do you all think he is ready?

Any final feedback on Isaiah? Do you think he is ready for upload, or does anyone have ANY suggestions, please? If so pleaaaaaase post them if not I guess we will move on.

Okay, if you have any changes for Isaiah, please go ahead and post them.

On with Grace Edwards... Pleaseee post any needed changes.

Screenshots

If making requests I only ask that you help in finding body parts, hair, etc., clothing, accessories and comparison pics and that you be a part of the feedback thread here at MTS or my personal blog...which you can find listed on my page.
Instructor
#18 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 5:10 PM
I'm sure you have one of these sliders, so increase her eye length/eye width, move her head shape slider to the left and maybe try another brow style? She's actually looking really good already.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:54 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 6th Oct 2010 at 1:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by dutch_1991
I'm sure you have one of these sliders, so increase her eye length/eye width, move her head shape slider to the left and maybe try another brow style? She's actually looking really good already.

Thanks dutch for all of the feedback today, really do appreciate it.

Made the above changes.

Tweaked the mouth:

Screenshots

Scholar
#20 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 1:39 AM
Hi Jak!

Nice job on her!

Well, I think the eyes could be more blue (indigo) and the nose bridge more narrowed.
The hair and brows could be more brown to grey (if it makes sense).
Maybe the nasolabial could have more depht?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 4:38 AM
Hi Jak!

Nice job on her!

Well, I think the eyes could be more blue (indigo) and the nose bridge more narrowed.
The hair and brows could be more brown to grey (if it makes sense).
Maybe the nasolabial could have more depht?

Thanks Monca!
Made the eyes a darker blue, narrowed the nose bridge.
Colored the hair brown/grey.
Increased nasolabial...

Thanks for the feedback!
Screenshots

Scholar
#22 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:18 PM
Great!!!

I think I was wrong about the hair color, sorry. Maybe more reddish?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 2:47 AM
Great!!!

I think I was wrong about the hair color, sorry. Maybe more reddish?

Thanks Monca...
Found another pic, I think she was more of a blonde as Grace Edwards. I did do the red hair, but posted one of each with the pic I found.

Thanks for all of your help, you've been GREAT! I appreciate all of your feedback.

Screenshots

Scholar
#24 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 3:41 AM
She is fantastic!
You are an amazing artist!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 7:32 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 11th Oct 2010 at 5:05 PM.
Thank you Monca for the "kind" comment!

(I hope I can live up to those words one day )

So shall we go with the blonde?
Are we ready to move on to John Jr.?

If there are any more suggestions for Grace, please go ahead and post them...thanks!

Here's John Jr.

...additional tweaks
Screenshots

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: some helpful sim-sculpting info.
Page 1 of 2