Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:16 AM
Default Am I allowed to post the decompiled code from the pyo files?
As the topic Suggests, am I allowed to like post the decompiled code in either a .py file or in '[code]' ???
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
i dont see why it would not be allowed? :o
btw, what did u use to decompyle?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:27 AM Last edited by leefish : 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:50 AM. Reason: added a spoiler tag
Quote: Originally posted by IceM
i dont see why it would not be allowed? :o
btw, what did u use to decompyle?

Unpyc3.py, I dont have that much Python experiance, but I do know how to code soo I was like um this shouldn't be too hard.

So Here we go.. douing it in code I guess it didn't like my attachment..

This is decompiled from relationship.pyo

So basicly from your own Python code you would call from relationship import <whatever>
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:54 AM
well i am new to python as well, i have an extensive background with c and C#. how did u execute unpyc3.py? whenever i execute the script on the interpeter it throws an error..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:55 AM
well i am new to python as well, i have an extensive background with c and C#. how did u execute unpyc3.py? whenever i execute the script on the interpeter it throws an error..

Pretty simple

I have unpyc3.py in my Python root directory
then I type:

unpyc3.py <filename>.pyo > <filename>.py

It helps to have python3.3.5 installed and added to your path correctly

I was thinking about just decompiling them all and putting them in a zip and sharing it

I know C# mostly myself
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:57 AM
omg so i have to add in 2 args, im so noob i was just adding 1 arg xD

edit:

nvm... maybe its because i am using a different python version.. omg windows sucks so much for this kind of programming language -.- i might switch to linux again just because sims 4 modding
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:59 AM Last edited by darkkitten30 : 3rd Sep 2014 at 4:12 AM.
omg so i have to add in 2 args, im so noob i was just adding 1 arg xD

We all make silly mistakes, When I first was trying it would only print to console, then I Was like ok Linux commands duh > <filename>.py saves the console output to a file, I kept trying to add a way for it to write to a file in the python code itself

Id like to thank TheHologramMan for editing the unpyc3.py file from this post : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532279

Created a Batch file which can be found Here
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:59 PM
Since decompiling python is, well, pretty easy, I'm fine with it being posted here.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 8:18 PM
I know I'm a newbie, but maybe it's an idea to create a sort of library topic instead of the spoiler tag? That way the decompiled code would be easier to find.