Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 6:24 PM
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your nice comments and sorry for my absence.
I started university in September and I've been pretty busy since then, but I still have plans to continue working with Uranesia, even though I'll be a bit slow.
I haven't done much during these weeks, I just wanted to let you know the project is not dead
I'll be building new things and trying some of your suggestions, hopefully soon I'll be able to post a new update.

It's very nice to see there's interest in this world so I can't wait to show you more

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#102 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 4:08 PM
Ok, so after some months without updates, it's time I show you the new things I've done Hold on because this post is going to be picture heavy!

Aerial picture of what's done.

Some weeks ago I learned it was possible to edit the clouds' texture, so these are the windy(ish) clouds I've created. I'm still experimenting but for now these will do. (Check out jje1000's post on tumblr)

This is the area I've been working on mainly, from here you will take the path that will lead to the Sacred Island. The clouds add a dramatic feel.

First, we can find the outdoor theater, very loosely based on the Greek ones. It works as a live show venue. As you can see, Uranesia is not a world for those who fear heights! More pictures below:

Following the path we find this cave

It's the Oracle. There will be one point in the challenge when it will be necessary to get some answers in order to move forward, so the Oracle will be the place to get them, thanks to the gods' inspiration. More pictures below:

At the end of the path there is another cave. Here lives a philosopher who was banished from the city for questioning religion, since then he lives a simple life dedicated to meditation and study. The challenge will also require to visit him at some point. More pictures below:

Coastal landscapes

We go back to the city, this is the local tavern. More pictures below:

I've changed the textures of the river, I think it looks more natural now. More pictures below:

And I made a new flag

Finally some pictures of the world at sunset:

And at nighttime:

I hope you like it! As always feedback and ideas are welcome

Mad Poster
#103 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 5:50 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 30th Dec 2015 at 4:58 AM.
Looking incredible as always!

Only suggestion would be to use the Egyptian columns in the town to create colonnades along some of the canal and terrace walls. Kind of like in Tales from Earthsea- large monumental structures looming over the everyday buildings and making things feel more layered and dense.

Lab Assistant
#104 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 6:57 PM
Just had to pop in here and show my total admiration of you. I'm stunned! This is a showstopper. Very, very impressive.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 4:23 PM
This is utterly breathtaking.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 5:35 PM
Stunning indeed!
well done!

smaller,faster,better....
Theorist
#107 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 6:08 PM
Stunning update. I apologize for not being able to appropriate words to describe what I'm seeing...It's on a completely different level. Wow.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#108 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 6:14 PM
Absolutely amazing !!
Field Researcher
#109 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:38 PM
Holy freak!! This is inspiring! Those clouds are amazing. I tried to have a go at it as well but I only managed to make it worse.

I'm curious about your river texture, you mention you edited it. Do you mean the .ini file? Or did you find a img file, like the clouds, for it too?

Those moons you have made look intriguing as well.
Instructor
#110 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 11:49 PM
Where's the ":jawdrop" emote? :lovestruc :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 10:31 AM
Absolutely breathtaking! What a 2016 we'll get. If the game's silly routing doesn't screw it up, this will be one legendary world. Well, the rest of your worlds are
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#112 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 31st Dec 2015 at 12:51 PM.
Thanks guys, I'm happy you like it!

@jje1000, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it! The Egyptian columns may be too big, but I'll find something else if they don't suit. I don't want to make them look like ruins though, because Nea Divarapolis is not a very old city, but those huge ruined structures in the pictures you've posted will look great in the Sacred Island.
PS: You seem to have many references of fantasy places from movies, please keep posting them whenever you feel like, they're very inspiring

@gelis, The edited river textures are just terrain paint textures from CAW that I used under the water :P

@baskerwill, Routing is something I have to be very careful with, because I'm doing lots of crazy tricks in this world. However, I'm checking every lot after building it and fixing the routing, and so far it's going well

Mad Poster
#113 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
@jje1000, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it! The Egyptian columns may be too big, but I'll find something else if they don't suit. I don't want to make them look like ruins though, because Nea Divarapolis is not a very old city, but those huge ruined structures in the pictures you've posted will look great in the Sacred Island.
PS: You seem to have many references of fantasy places from movies, please keep posting them whenever you feel like, they're very inspiring

@Nilxis

Of course it shouldn't be like ruins, but I would imagine that these would be more like ceremonial colonnades in Nea Divarapolis, strictly for aesthetic purposes.

These should be more accurate:

Maybe also a bit like Persepolis:

If the Egyptian columns don't work, try using the CC arches you have in SuperCAW

These (don't need to use all of them) might be some places for columns:

For routing, do you also occasionally export the world and playtest it?
Scholar
#114 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 3:38 AM
Awestruck. That is the only word that comes to mind when I try to describe what I'm feeling right now. Holy shit. Just incredible. Stunning. Beautiful. Just wow. All the wow.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#115 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:26 PM
Uranesia is coming along very nicely indeed! I cannot wait for this world. It already looks stunning, it's going to be breathtaking when it's finished!

Absolutely flawed by this world already!!!
Mad Poster
#116 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 6:03 PM
You.are.a.wizard. You're by far the best CAWer I've ever heard of. Consider me a fangirl, even though I'm male.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#117 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 1:56 PM
How are you doing this... how?! I have trouble with routing in my worlds that are pure simplicity for this one. This is incredible in every sense of that word!
Test Subject
#118 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:17 PM
Potential inspiration: Hampi, Karnataka, India

Mad Poster
#119 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 2:46 AM
Some cool Indonesian pagodas:

A cool temple in Bangladesh:

And of course, Bagan:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#120 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 4:11 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 10th May 2016 at 1:34 PM.
Thanks for the comments and for the inspiration pictures

@jje1000, yes I do playtest the world everytime I export it to prepare an update.

Here's a new update. I've been building more lots in Nea Divarapolis, the city is slowly filling up and looking more complete. Especially the area around the market.
Here are some pictures:

General views of the city. Do you see any important difference?

That's right, I've built a new temple. After creating new builds around it, the old one looked a bit small, and it didn't look good from the distance. I've used the pictures you posted as inspiration

This is some kind of military building/watchtower. It works as a martial arts academy.

Houses

Base Camp (building on the right)

Arches along the canal (thanks jje1000 for the idea!)

This is the altar, for sacrifices and offerings.

Finally, I've improved the coastline a little bit.

And that's all, I hope you like it

Mad Poster
#121 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 5:26 PM
Lookin' good
Mad Poster
#122 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:20 PM
Needless to say, I am hopelessly in love.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#123 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 3:32 PM
This is so amazing! It already looks awesome, I am very curious how it will look like in the end!
Test Subject
#124 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 3:31 PM
Breathtaking!!! Each new update makes me fall in love with this world even more!
Instructor
#125 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 1:03 AM
Waaaaaaaw! That painted water's edge/reef? looks amazing.
Page 5 of 22