Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 1:52 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jan 2016 at 7:48 PM.
Default [Solved] Wanted: 1.14 XML (Spicy Food Issue)
Apparently, 1.14 has introduced that infamous "spicy food reaction" issue -- I'd like to take a look at that, but I'm not keen on installing a bug only in order to attempt to fix it =P.

Could anyone who already extracted the XML post it here? Thanks =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:08 PM
Here it is
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TUNING.zip (4.22 MB, 22 downloads) - View custom content

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:41 PM
Thank you!

From the thread in Discussion:
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Does anyone even know the Maxis name for that particular animation? (That would make any relevant XMLs easier to find.)

As is, no such XMLs are marked as being changed when comparing the January extracts with December or older extracts. Whatever Maxis did, it's not jumping out as a blatant common or garden XML change.

<T p="InGame\StateMachines\Eat.statemachine" n="asm_key">02d5df13:00000000:d8cfb5186ba4ffe9</T> -- is that what you mean? But I wouldn't assume the problem is with the actual animations themselves .. it would be pretty odd to tack a "woah spicy" reaction to the end of everything. I thought maybe they introduced something new that prompts that reaction somehow.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:45 PM
The only thing i can think of that has a hot reaction is roasting marshmallows.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Smeg Head
#5 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:52 PM
Could it be part of this new inappropriate behaviour do-over? In that mischievous sims would seek to contaminate food as part of such inappropriate behaviour antics. So the game glitch goes and contaminates all food to be hot/spicy and save the naughty sims the bother of having to physically initiate the prank?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:53 PM
<I c="AnimationElement" i="animation" m="animation.animation_element" n="Campfire_Roast_MarshmallowFailureBurn" s="102328">

<T p="InGP01\StateMachines\Campfire_Roast.statemachine" n="asm_key">02d5df13:00000000:7275f965fa874648</T>
<L n="begin_states">
<T>Fail BurnMouth</T>

Smeg Head
#7 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
<I c="AnimationElement" i="animation" m="animation.animation_element" n="Campfire_Roast_MarshmallowFailureBurn" s="102328">

<T p="InGP01\StateMachines\Campfire_Roast.statemachine" n="asm_key">02d5df13:00000000:7275f965fa874648</T>
<L n="begin_states">
<T>Fail BurnMouth</T>

If that was the root of the glitch, wouldn't it only effect those players who have Outdoor Retreat installed?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:14 PM
That, and it would need to be triggered somehow in order to be .. well, triggered. I don't see 102328 linked anywhere in the entire BG folder?

That said, I haven't seen anyone who complained and actually bothered to post their specs. So for all I can tell it's entirely possible it is an Outdoor Retreat thing.

The only reaction I see in all the foods is the Medium / Low / High environment reactions (like when it smells good) -- of course since I don't have the patch I can't tell whether they perhaps changed that somehow, but one way to find out quickly (certainly a bit of a brute force way) is override that entire thing (0x02D5DF13-0x00000000-0xBDA025765D49DF69 Environment_Reactions) with the 1.13 version. Attached below if someone wants to test.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Environment_Reactions_0x02D5DF13-0x00000000-0xBDA025765D49DF69_1-13.zip (3.1 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:15 PM
I'll give it a go.. be back in a jiff

Removed all mods, new game.. still hot sadly.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
If that was the root of the glitch, wouldn't it only effect those players who have Outdoor Retreat installed?

Not if everything but the objects themselves were included in the free patch

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:24 PM
How do you mean, Inge? Do you mean if the patch included the AnimationElement that Lodakai is quoting, and new tuning for all the foods that triggered it? (It doesn't, unless the XML they posted was incomplete (which I don't think it is) -- the food tuning in that does not reference that reaction in any way that I can see.)

Smeg Head
#12 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
I'll give it a go.. be back in a jiff

Removed all mods, new game.. still hot sadly.

Yep, I concur. Still happening with old foods, newly cooked foods or quick bowls of cereal.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:36 PM
I found these animations. There's a few more but let me know if this is any help.. it will take some time to get em all out.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Spicy.7z (141.1 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:58 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jan 2016 at 4:26 PM.
So S4_02D5DF13_00000000_D8CFB5186BA4FFE9%%+JAZZ.jazz (fb0) has <Parameter name="consumable:taste" type="enum" labels="spicy,normal" default="normal" />

Maybe this is changed in the patch now? default="spicy" would certainly result in that infamous behaviour =P .. or maybe they changed anything about what happens when a consumable has that state.

Can you check? I'm afraid the current game has the jazz tuning as binary blobs (not entirely sure atm) but if you look at the hex you should still be able to see it. -- ah, I just realised the scumbumbo/Deaderpool Extractor actually extracts Jazz as well, you just need to export to file and then rename that file to .bnry. =) Attaching the "Eat" one in XML form as well (from 1.13) .. one could use this to test whether it helps anything to revert that file to its 1.13 state.

The relevant jazz files from fullbuild0 attached for reference.

The only foods (that I have) where this is set explicitely is S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000009FA3_object_Food_SpaghettiFlaming.xml and S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000012078_object_drink_BoilerRoom.xml.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EatDrinkJazz.zip (98.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  1-13_S4_02D5DF13_00000000_D8CFB5186BA4FFE9%%+JAZZ.zip (26.7 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:43 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jan 2016 at 9:27 PM.
Also, to test whether the Spicy vs. Normal approach helps any, attached is an override for the Garden Salad (will also work for the Tomato Salad I uploaded today). This overrides S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000003A3F.xml object_Food_GardenSalad with the "taste" parameter explicitely set to Normal.

Do sims also have that Spicy reaction with ice cream, by the way?

File removed, proper fix is in Downloads.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Also, to test whether the Spicy vs. Normal approach helps any, attached is an override for the Garden Salad (will also work for the Tomato Salad I uploaded today). This overrides S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000003A3F.xml object_Food_GardenSalad with the "taste" parameter explicitely set to Normal.

Do sims also have that Spicy reaction with ice cream, by the way?

Just tested your garden salad override and it is working. Sims no longer doing the "To Spicy" reaction. In regards to your ice cream question, I tested ice cream in my game and they don't do the to spicy reaction. Others in the "Forever hot food" bug thread at the official forum also report that ice cream is fine.

Looks like my sims will be on a diet of garden salads till this gets fixed. But hey, at least they will be slim and trim LOL
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:41 PM
Cool, thanks very much for the confirmation =). So this can be fixed either by overriding all the food object tuning, or by editing the JAZZ (which would be a lot more efficient). I'll patch, then, and check if I can see a difference/issue in the JAZZ.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:45 PM
Cool, thanks very much for the confirmation =). So this can be fixed either by overriding all the food object tuning, or by editing the JAZZ (which would be a lot more efficient). I'll patch, then, and check if I can see a difference/issue in the JAZZ.

One thing I should have mentioned.. There has been a tweet by SimGuruDaniel that they are now aware of the issue and looking into it. But no telling how soon we could see an official fix for it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:50 PM
Official fixes are, by nature, taking much much longer to be published than mods =). I didn't want to install 1.14 without having a fix for that silliness, so I'm just going to do that now. But thanks for the info!

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:07 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jan 2016 at 8:51 PM.
LOL, indeed:

<Parameter name="consumable:taste" type="enum" labels="spicy,normal,freezing,popcorn" default="spicy" />

This is from the 1.14 JAZZ >.<

Fix attached; this is for the "Eat" interactions (there are three more that may also need to be fixed). Overrides S4_02D5DF13_00000000_D8CFB5186BA4FFE9%%+JAZZ.xml. This should be working for all foods now (without the salad fix from above) -- let me know if it doesn't, I didn't read the entire file; maybe there's still more to it.

(File removed, see below)

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:37 PM
LOL, indeed:

<Parameter name="consumable:taste" type="enum" labels="spicy,normal,freezing,popcorn" default="spicy" />

This is from the 1.14 JAZZ >.<

Fix attached; this is for the "Eat" interactions (there are three more that may also need to be fixed). Overrides S4_02D5DF13_00000000_D8CFB5186BA4FFE9%%+JAZZ.xml. This should be working for all foods now (without the salad fix from above) -- let me know if it doesn't, I didn't read the entire file; maybe there's still more to it.

I'm sorry to say it doesn't seem to be working. Sims are doing the too spicy anim.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:40 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jan 2016 at 9:29 PM.
Doing them when they eat how exactly? I should maybe have been more precise, above -- the package above contains the "Eat" file, but not "Eat_atSurface" (that one apparently exceeds the maximum character limit that notepad++ can handle, so I had to reboot to use a different editor etc). Were your sims eating at a table perhaps?

Attached below is a package with both files (Drink / Drink_atSurface are looking OK to me so they are not included). Can you check again?

Attachment removed -- uploaded in Downloads, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=570271

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:48 PM
Doing them when they eat how exactly? I should maybe have been more precise, above -- the package above contains the "Eat" file, but not "Eat_atSurface" (that one apparently exceeds the maximum character limit that notepad++ can handle, so I had to reboot to use a different editor etc). Were your sims eating at a table perhaps?

Attached below is a package with both files (Drink / Drink_atSurface are looking OK to me so they are not included). Can you check again?

First apologies. LOL I decided to test on a new game and forgot to put the darn mod in. Currently slapping myself silly over that stupidity.

Newest file is working, Standing/Eating and Sitting/Eating.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kralore
LOL I decided to test on a new game and forgot to put the darn mod in. Currently slapping myself silly over that stupidity.

Newest file is working, Standing/Eating and Sitting/Eating.

Cool, thanks for the info =).

You're not the only one who forgets to put mods in the actual Mods folder XD .. Happens to me ever so often.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:09 PM
What foods in the game are supposed to cause the too spicy animation? Until this patch I don't recall even seeing that animation before?
Page 1 of 2