Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Click on sim to change clothes. (Updated 03/19/07)

by Smonaff Posted 3rd Jul 2006 at 12:34 PM - Updated 29th Mar 2007 at 5:58 AM by Smonaff : Seasons Update

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 6:27 PM
good work, but can't we just do the same thing by using boolprop and selecting change suit or plan outfit??
Forum Resident
#27 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:34 PM
I have been wanting this exact thing for so long and never thought to request it! Thank you for reading my mind (brave soul...) and giving us all a most useful and needed hack!!

And as for "boolprop," some of us don't know all of the codes and such, and/or don't want to use it all of the time, so this is perfect for us lazies and such.

Thanks Again!

Always,
Emma
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 8:17 PM
This is awesome, so glad that you came up with this.
Instructor
#29 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 8:21 PM
Great idea! I look forward to trying it out.

Thanks for sharing

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 8:33 PM
It is a good idea and I appreciate the amount of hard work this took, I'm just saying that as a boolprop junkie, I have no use for it.
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 9:10 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Scholar
#32 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selfmadequeen
good work, but can't we just do the same thing by using boolprop and selecting change suit or plan outfit??

The whole point of hacks is that they are easier and less time consuming than boolprop. Not only that you do not have to worry about type'0. I get tired of hearing people go on and on about boolprop when a creater has provided a great hack. It is kind of rude.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:49 PM
Wicked! Thanks
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 1:55 AM
I installed this and now my sims do everything all twitchy and pop out of beds and chairs for no reason. I also installed some other stuff, but it was all clothing. If I take it out do you think it will stop?
Instructor
#36 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:05 AM
Really excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PiratesOfTheSims
I installed this and now my sims do everything all twitchy and pop out of beds and chairs for no reason. I also installed some other stuff, but it was all clothing. If I take it out do you think it will stop?

Use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true to see what is causing the error and what sort of error it is. Let me know what you find.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:14 AM
Now this is one thoguht out mod for our games. I so hated doing boolprop let alone typing it right or forgetting to turn it off. Thank You so much for taking the time in making our lives easier!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:34 AM Last edited by PiratesOfTheSims : 4th Jul 2006 at 3:44 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
Use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true to see what is causing the error and what sort of error it is. Let me know what you find.

Ummm...I don't know how to do that.
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:42 AM
OK...Just on a guess I turned on boolprop and then had a sim do something. It said all kinds of stuff. One of those things was "Error: Bad gosub tree number." I have no clue what that means.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
The whole point of hacks is that they are easier and less time consuming than boolprop. Not only that you do not have to worry about type'0. I get tired of hearing people go on and on about boolprop when a creater has provided a great hack. It is kind of rude.

You know what I get tired of? The way you blatantly ignored both of my posts in which I congratulated the creator on their hard work and good hack contribution, just so you could call me rude. Perhaps reading before insulting someone is a good idea.
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 5:17 AM
can you use this without any EPs?
Scholar
#43 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 9:27 AM
Just a question. Does the sim have to be selectable to change outfit? Like can I change townie outfits without having to make them selectable?
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PiratesOfTheSims
OK...Just on a guess I turned on boolprop and then had a sim do something. It said all kinds of stuff. One of those things was "Error: Bad gosub tree number." I have no clue what that means.

I did some searching on the error you're having and I think I've fixed it. Download the update and see if it fixes the problem. Let me know what you find.
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tayab
can you use this without any EPs?

It should work without any EPs. I have orig+Uni+NL so I can't test it to see if it works with just the basegame. If you would test it out and reply on how it worked for you that would be great.
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Just a question. Does the sim have to be selectable to change outfit? Like can I change townie outfits without having to make them selectable?

Yes, it will only work on the active sim, so it wouldn't work on a townie unless you made them selectable.
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:53 PM
Well....I've tried this hack everwhere, even on community lots and it works perfectly. I find this an amazing hack. I don't know if its possible, but it would be really cool if we could now get uncontrolable sims to change their clothes for when the situation is called for. Nothing more off putting than when a downtownie walks into a posh nosh wearing his shorts!!!!

Anyway, enough babbling great hack, highly recommended.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 10:44 AM
nice 1 thanx very handy
Field Researcher
#49 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 5:51 PM

yes you could, but in my experience, if the sim doesn't like the outfit you changed them into ie: nudity, they will change back instantly. and as stated before, some folks don't know all the cheat codes and some folks just are lazier than others, lol.

i think i have a hack installled that is preventing this hack from working properly, i couldn't get them to change clothes. I have everything except family fun. I think i might know what is causing the problem, but does anyone else have the community lot change clothes hack installed as well, that might be experiencing the same problem? i'm going to remove the comm change clothes hack and see if it helps.
Scholar
#50 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 4:46 AM
You know what I get tired of? The way you blatantly ignored both of my posts in which I congratulated the creator on their hard work and good hack contribution, just so you could call me rude. Perhaps reading before insulting someone is a good idea.

l stand by what l said. It is rude to say to someone's hard work, a comment such as "oh you can just do that with boolprop" i.e. It is like saying: what you did is no big deal. If you felt insulted how do you think the modder felt? if I don't need or care for a particular mod. I just don't use it. I don't need to make comments.
Page 2 of 6