Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixes for missing pregnant morphs - nude and jeans - update 8/9/10

by CmarNYC Posted 19th Sep 2009 at 9:22 PM - Updated 16th Apr 2014 at 8:03 AM by CmarNYC : new version

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 151 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:43 PM
Thanks
Instructor
#52 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 5:11 AM
does this mod still work with the patch 1.7.9 & WA?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#53 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
does this mod still work with the patch 1.7.9 & WA?

No reason it shouldn't. Try it and let me know!
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:52 AM
Just a question, not with the mod but with the pictures. I see your censor only covers the nipples/breast and crotch area, how did you get that? mod or what?

Just wondering, because I would much rather prefer something correct, censoring just the breast/genitalia, intsead of a large pixelated window censoring everything between the neck and waist.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nfarnham2001
Just a question, not with the mod but with the pictures. I see your censor only covers the nipples/breast and crotch area, how did you get that? mod or what?

Just wondering, because I would much rather prefer something correct, censoring just the breast/genitalia, intsead of a large pixelated window censoring everything between the neck and waist.

That's not the game censor. I took the picture in-game with no censor blur, edited the pic, and used a mosaic blur effect on the areas I selected. Any image editor more advanced than Paint should have some kind of blur effect.

Sorry, but there's no way I know of to make the in-game censor cover only the naughty bits. Interesting idea, though.
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:42 PM
Thanks, I was just saying, it would be a good idea, especially for when they use the restroom, I know it is still a fairly new game, but in my opinion, it could have been better, hopefully with another year or so and more time the community will help..

Also, I am new to modding and would love to create my own mods and such, but I have no idea where to start....>.>...is there a modding for dummies or creating them, tutorial for beginners?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#57 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nfarnham2001
is there a modding for dummies or creating them, tutorial for beginners?

If you look in the Create dropdown at the top left of the page, you'll see the heading 'Creating for'. Under Sims 3 there's a tutorials section which is an excellent place to start. In the topics under 'Specific Sections' you can find lots more, often focused on a single task, if you look for them. Those sections are also great for research and for posting any problems you run into and asking for help.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 12:08 AM
Lovely. Thanks
Mad Poster
#59 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
No reason it shouldn't. Try it and let me know!

I am happy to report that it works in my basegame patched to 1.7. So happy.

However, I was trying out the CC clothes that have EA maternity as a base and ran into a problem. When the baby is born, seems the game loses the infant mesh, just comes out a square with colors shooting out all over the neighborhood. I was using Shymoo's outfits that are based on a maternity swimsuit.

I am not a modder nor understand the way meshes work, but am I right to conclude that CC clothes based on EA maternity meshes conflict with your mod, since it is a clothing modification? I will test with other clothes to see if I get different results and leave some screenshot attachments of what I am talking about.
Screenshots

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#60 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I am happy to report that it works in my basegame patched to 1.7. So happy.

However, I was trying out the CC clothes that have EA maternity as a base and ran into a problem. When the baby is born, seems the game loses the infant mesh, just comes out a square with colors shooting out all over the neighborhood. I was using Shymoo's outfits that are based on a maternity swimsuit.

I am not a modder nor understand the way meshes work, but am I right to conclude that CC clothes based on EA maternity meshes conflict with your mod, since it is a clothing modification? I will test with other clothes to see if I get different results and leave some screenshot attachments of what I am talking about.

My mod is not really a mod; all it does is add a pregnant morph to the nude and jeans outfits exactly the same way the game does it for other clothing. The only CC clothes that might conflict with it are ones that do the same thing - add a pregnant morph to the nude or jeans outfits, or that do a default replacement for those outfits. The only thing I can think of that might make this outfit conflict is if it somehow includes the mod that replaced the female nude body with the maternity swimsuit mesh in order to enable maternity while nude.

Also I don't see how maternity clothing would affect the baby rather than the mother. From your screenshot it really does look like the game has lost or corrupted the infant mesh, and you've got a mesh explosion going on. I'd look for any CC you have that's baby-related. If you could see if other babies are affected that also might help track it down.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 11:01 PM
No other babies were affected, cause I looked around the town and saw that other families had normal baby meshes. I concluded that it was the clothes cause this sim is my playable and the only one using a different maternity outfit. Like I said before, the clothes were made from the EA swimsuit that is used for maternity. I haven't opened my game in 2 days so I do have more clothes that I want to test with, but I am not having a problem with your clothing modifications and using EA maternity.

I don't have any other mods or CC for infants and babies. I do have a couple of outfits that can be used for maternity, I took the Shymoo clothing out my game.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:56 AM Last edited by kailost : 18th Dec 2009 at 12:06 PM.
my mod don't work or i can't find that clothes can you tell me how??
my patch is WA 2.2.8 and i can update but not yet
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 3:32 PM
Thanks this is very welcome however shouldn't it be under mods since you can't create a pregnant sim, if it wasn't for my partner this mod would have been missed out, anyway thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:53 AM Last edited by babyophelia : 13th Feb 2010 at 12:06 PM.
hm. i never noticed till now. I had this installed before i patched this game and i vaguely recall my satisfaction of my sim retaining the pregnant shape when bathing. i now have WA with latest patch, and another pregnancy after a very long while, and I just noticed that the belly is once again lost when my sim loses her clothes. any solution or ideas why?

thanks.

edit: re-downloaded and replaced files. works fine now.
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 1:55 PM Last edited by tyirannoss : 7th Feb 2010 at 1:56 PM. Reason: Rewording
Ooh, shiney! *clicks download* Thank you.

Out of curiosity, did you just enable the clothes for maternity or did you have to edit their mesh?

That Planet Earth turns Slowly
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#66 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tyirannoss
Ooh, shiney! *clicks download* Thank you.

Out of curiosity, did you just enable the clothes for maternity or did you have to edit their mesh?

I had to add a pregnant morph, one part of which was creating a pregnant mesh.
Test Subject
#67 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 3:51 AM
Does anyone know if this works with HELS?
Test Subject
#68 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:32 AM
Many thanks for this great addition. However i have to let you know that it conflicts with the adult nipple replacement on the SexySims by Base1980. You can not have both at the same time.

@Jade25: I can confirm though that CmarNYC's work with HELS (as do Base1980s just not together).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#69 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by osanomina
Many thanks for this great addition. However i have to let you know that it conflicts with the adult nipple replacement on the SexySims by Base1980. You can not have both at the same time.

@Jade25: I can confirm though that CmarNYC's work with HELS (as do Base1980s just not together).

That's correct - Base's nipple mod is a replacement mesh with added, numbered vertices that will not work properly with this pregnant morph. It looks like he added his own pregnant morph, though, which possibly matches mine. Why don't you try removing my topnude package so you don't have two conflicting morphs and see if that works?
Test Subject
#70 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 4:49 AM
CmarNYC-san,

just to say thanks again and reply. The bottom works with his top, but it does not line up correctly in the last stage of pregnancy. There is a noticable seam problem. But that really does not mean i won't use it, it is much better than the alternative (no pregnant bottom at all).
Field Researcher
#71 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:05 PM
Is this still required for Ambitions and the new patch?

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Test Subject
#72 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:37 AM
This is great. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:44 PM
anyone know if this is awesome mod friendly?
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 4:36 AM
My teen is suffering from floating heads...thank you for posting this. I am playing Ambition and I am a little confused on how to installed these to my game. What is the best way to installed the morphs? Thanks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 12:22 PM
This won't help with floating-head teens. There's another mod on this site for that. Install the same way you install any other mod - put the package in your mods folder: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

And to everyone who's asking - yes, this works with the patch and Ambitions. Yes, it's compatible with Awesome Mod.
Page 3 of 8