Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Storage *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 14th Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:46 AM by treeag

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#101 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 7:18 PM
Update for 8.0 / Generations, please?
Test Subject
#102 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lydocia
Update for 8.0 / Generations, please?

Yes, please. I was wondering if I should leave the storage boxes where they are or just delete the file. I can't open them and they are filled to the brim with gems, metals and fruit. I'm hoping to not lose any of that. I should have removed it before the great reinstall/patch/generations. Everything is so buggy. But, this is, by far, my favorite mod.

Thanks! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#103 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by latrese1
Yes, please. I was wondering if I should leave the storage boxes where they are or just delete the file. I can't open them and they are filled to the brim with gems, metals and fruit. I'm hoping to not lose any of that. I should have removed it before the great reinstall/patch/generations. Everything is so buggy. But, this is, by far, my favorite mod.

Thanks! :lovestruc

After I reinstalled for other reasons, I went back in and made sure that all of my old families had their objects updated and that nothing was missing. When I was sure, I restarted and now the storage boxes work again. So, this mod still works. I have every SP and EP incl Generations.
Test Subject
#104 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by latrese1
After I reinstalled for other reasons, I went back in and made sure that all of my old families had their objects updated and that nothing was missing. When I was sure, I restarted and now the storage boxes work again. So, this mod still works. I have every SP and EP incl Generations.
Update for 8.0/Generations please. The storage box may still work, but I can't put the box into my sim's inventory. Now I have to put it in the family inventory and take it out when I want to put something new into it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#105 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:16 AM
Yeah, I'll update this in a few days.
Test Subject
#106 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:48 AM
Thank you very much for this! I'm about to put it into my game, and look forward to see it in action!

I do have two questions/comments:

1) Do items which normally deteriorate/rot do so inside the box? (As in food rotting, vegetables losing quality.)

2) I'd like to second a wish for an ability to rename the object in game. I may forget to name something as I buy it, or wish to change the name I originally chose later.

Thanks again for this great mod!
Theorist
Original Poster
#107 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:05 PM
1. I honestly haven't tested that myself, but if the stuff usually do rot/lose quality in inventory, chances are they do too in this box.

2. You can do that already. Ctrl+shift click on the object in buy mode.
Theorist
Original Poster
#108 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:32 PM
Updated today.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#109 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 4:29 PM
Thank you for the update!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 9:36 PM
It's....It's beautiful *tears up a little*
Test Subject
#111 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM
Does this help with the hanging save?
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 2:39 PM
I know it only came out yesterday, and therefore I must sound incredibly impatient and demanding, but will this be updated soon? I honestly can't describe what a useful, amazing item this is. I can't really imagine my game without it at this point. It's so simple, yet such an amazingly nifty little box.
Instructor
#113 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
1. I honestly haven't tested that myself, but if the stuff usually do rot/lose quality in inventory, chances are they do too in this box.

2. You can do that already. Ctrl+shift click on the object in buy mode.

I've had plasma fruit stored in the box for several sim weeks and so far no rotting. Not sure about quality loss though.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Theorist
Original Poster
#114 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:36 PM
This is compatible with 1.26/Pets already, no need for update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:31 AM
thank you this little box has been verry useful in the past i hope it will be for a long time in my simming future
Theorist
THANKS POST
#116 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 10:01 PM
Quote:

Okay, but if this has problems without an update I'll be yelling from the rooftops. This is the one object out of everything I've ever downloaded that I use all the time--not just part of the time, not just in two or three Sims' homes but in every house I play are at least a half-dozen of these boxes all color-coded so I know at a glance what they have in them. :D
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Pepperbutt : 6th Nov 2011 at 3:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
boxes all color-coded so I know at a glance what they have in them. :D

o: That's an amazing idea, since you need to wait for labels. OhmygodIloveyou<3

I got to thinking last night- would there be any way to enable it to store bugs / small animals? I know my sims enjoy bug hunting, and my cats love to catch small animals, and it'd be amazing to store them all in the box.
Test Subject
#118 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

I only have the sims 3 + ambitions and it crashes my game :/
Test Subject
#119 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 11:57 AM
Is this storage box stackable?

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfection.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#120 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:24 PM
This is really useful. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#121 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 4:27 PM
Huge thanks for including instructions on how to add the script to other items. I've been adding it to all the slotted shelving CC I download and it really takes the pain out of collecting and organising, especially across multiple sims in a single household.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:46 AM
It's awesome, man! Thanks alot!
Is it ok with patch 1.31 ? Please update!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#123 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:04 AM
I would also like to know if this mod still works. It looks incredibly useful.
Theorist
Original Poster
#124 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:08 AM
Of course it still does. Why wouldn't it?
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 10:15 PM
This mod is on my very short list of absolutely need to have, thank you so much!! Is there any chance of getting it to be able to store the minor pets? I like having my cats stalk for prey, but I mostly just sell them (meanie that I am). I could use a mod to stop them from running away but I also hatehatehate having my sims' inventory all cluttered up. If there's any chance that you could do this, I (and probably others) would just absolutely love you!
Page 5 of 8