Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1996 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1884 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 80
Test Subject
#226 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 10:14 AM
Kinda random question, but do you think there could ever be a tool to rip lots?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#227 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WhatTheSims
Kinda random question, but do you think there could ever be a tool to rip lots?

It's probably possible, but I won't be the one to do it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#228 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 11:33 AM
Hey, Nice work on your new version.
I noticed something disapeared.
When selecting a sim, a couple of versions before, you had the choice of an outfit, sometimes called "2", that matched the "current outfit in the game". This seems to have disappeared.
It was very practical, was that intentional? Is there a plan to bring that back?

Thanks !
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#229 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 2:09 PM
When you first load the sim it's wearing the current outfit in the game. It's always done that. When you saw a '2' or any other number that was because I hadn't yet figured out all the codes for the different outfit categories so the program displayed the numeric code. It had nothing to do with the current outfit.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#230 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
When you first load the sim it's wearing the current outfit in the game. It's always done that. When you saw a '2' or any other number that was because I hadn't yet figured out all the codes for the different outfit categories so the program displayed the numeric code. It had nothing to do with the current outfit.

Weird because it totally done that .. I can guarantee at 100% that one always was "the current outfit" ..I could ask the sim to like go topless with WW, save, load into your software, and "2" was exactly that and such ...
Any clue about why ? :D
Oh right, so I've compared, it's now marked as "Uniform" ..
That's .. weird ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#231 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flemmard
Weird because it totally done that .. I can guarantee at 100% that one always was "the current outfit" ..I could ask the sim to like go topless with WW, save, load into your software, and "2" was exactly that and such ...
Any clue about why ? :D
Oh right, so I've compared, it's now marked as "Uniform" ..
That's .. weird ?

If it bothers you, try noting what category outfit sims are wearing when you save the game and then what category they're wearing when you rip them. If you're only talking about using WW, I'm not familiar with it and have no idea if it uses the 'Uniform' category.

Test Subject
#232 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 9:48 PM
If it bothers you, try noting what category outfit sims are wearing when you save the game and then what category they're wearing when you rip them. If you're only talking about using WW, I'm not familiar with it and have no idea if it uses the 'Uniform' category.

Yeah I guess WW uses like Uniform category for that. Could make sense.
Mb then I thought it was a feature ^^
Thanks for your answer and keep up the good work on your tool !
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 12:18 AM
Hi, just wanted to nudge here in case you don't check sexysims anymore - the anatomy mod has a little bug with the male bottoms, I left a comment detailing it over on that download.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#234 Old 9th Mar 2020 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EloquentMyDear
Hi, just wanted to nudge here in case you don't check sexysims anymore - the anatomy mod has a little bug with the male bottoms, I left a comment detailing it over on that download.

I don't normally check in over there and don't really support the adult mods anymore, unless a lot of people complain of the same problem caused by a patch or something. If you're the one who said the briefs are disappearing, that's not happening in my game and it's probably a conflict. The anatomy mod has a troubleshooting section in the description, maybe that can help.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#235 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 12:14 AM
This is really great tool! Thank you for this Cmar!
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 7:27 AM
I noticed that meshes of naked sims have some distortions in crotch area, WW default penis also has distortions. It would be great if this can be fixed.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#237 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
I noticed that meshes of naked sims have some distortions in crotch area, WW default penis also has distortions. It would be great if this can be fixed.

Nude sims are not distorted when I do them. Maybe it's something about the WW setup. I'll have to take a look when I get a chance.

Scholar
#238 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 5:34 AM
The latest version V2.0.2 is going pretty well but I have noticed the facial structure has changed back to original. I like 1.9.2.0 version because it made the facial structure as in The Sims 4. Keep it up with your greatest Sim Ripper.
Screenshots

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#239 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 8:49 PM
Hi,

I was able to rip my sim, however in blender she shows up as a white model. She doesn't have skin/texture. I may have missed the thread on how to get her texture imported. I am also using the blender version that is compatible with Sims 4 Studio. I imported my sim as a DAE file into blender. Hope that is enough information to help me out and thank you for this amazing program!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#240 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lostinparris
Hi,

I was able to rip my sim, however in blender she shows up as a white model. She doesn't have skin/texture. I may have missed the thread on how to get her texture imported. I am also using the blender version that is compatible with Sims 4 Studio. I imported my sim as a DAE file into blender. Hope that is enough information to help me out and thank you for this amazing program!!

I'm working on a tutorial for using these meshes in Blender. It's not ready for prime time yet, but here's a quickie version of the textures section.

1. With your imported mesh selected, click the sphere (Materials) icon under the Scene listing in the upper right. Click the + next to 'New' to add a material.
2. Now click the checkerboard (Texture) icon next to the sphere/materials icon. Again, click the + next to 'New' to add a texture.
3. In the settings for the new texture:
- Type should be 'Image or Movie'.
- Under 'Image', click the 'Open' button and select your diffuse texture exported from SimRipper.
- Under 'Mapping', make sure Coordinates are set to 'UV' and right underneath click on the blank next to Map: and select the map ending in -mesh-map-0.
4. Now look in the lower left of the Blender screen. If you change from Object mode to Texture Paint, you should see your sim fully textured.
5. If you have a sim with alpha transparency 'glass' hair, the hair mesh (and any other transparency parts) will be in a separate mesh. In this case, after importing and applying the 'glass' texture exported from SimRipper to the 'glass' mesh, you can click on the icon next to the mode selection, and select Material. The texture will be applied but the window will be very dark. See the lighting section later on.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#241 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 4:29 AM
Hello!

I was having a problem where then tool told me a file wasn't found. It then loaded and gave me the Error where I could only cancel or quit. I quit, removed the file that couldn't be found, now the ripper will not open at all. I went to my task manager and its still in the background but at 0.6% and such, standstill.
Test Subject
#242 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 6:07 AM
Hi Cmar, after using sims ripper for a while i found a problem. The problem is when you use height slider on your sims, then their eyes are going out of place when you rip them.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#243 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixelHeaux_
Hello!

I was having a problem where then tool told me a file wasn't found. It then loaded and gave me the Error where I could only cancel or quit. I quit, removed the file that couldn't be found, now the ripper will not open at all. I went to my task manager and its still in the background but at 0.6% and such, standstill.

First thing is to reboot and try again.

How did you remove a file that couldn't be found? I need more information - the file you removed, the text of the error message, the Sim Information listing, and the SimRipper error list.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#244 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newbie97
Hi Cmar, after using sims ripper for a while i found a problem. The problem is when you use height slider on your sims, then their eyes are going out of place when you rip them.

I see a glitch in the eyes causing a dark spot on the lower lids. Is that what you're talking about? I'll look into it when I can.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#245 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 4:57 AM
When i start the application it gives me a bunch of errors about no custom packages will work.
So i made a sim that was purely maxis made with no custom content whatsoever.
After trying to load my sim, nothing came up after waiting for a very long time for something to come up (my save is the one i selected in the top bar)
After that i decided i'd try one of the names on the side, this message appeared.

Have i done something wrong, or installed it wrong? I have tried everything?
I clicked continue anyway, and still nothing comes up after waiting.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#246 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joannebernice
When i start the application it gives me a bunch of errors about no custom packages will work.
So i made a sim that was purely maxis made with no custom content whatsoever.
After trying to load my sim, nothing came up after waiting for a very long time for something to come up (my save is the one i selected in the top bar)
After that i decided i'd try one of the names on the side, this message appeared.

Have i done something wrong, or installed it wrong? I have tried everything?
I clicked continue anyway, and still nothing comes up after waiting.

Is your game patched up to date?

Please upload your save game, a couple of samples of your custom packages, and the text of the information and error listings.

Test Subject
#247 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 3:04 PM
@cmarNYC i send you a private message
Test Subject
#248 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 8:49 AM
Hi Cmar, any plan to allow having separate meshes exported, like, split parts as they are in the Sims into one DAE (so that maya or thing sees separated parts) ?
Thanks !
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#249 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flemmard
Hi Cmar, any plan to allow having separate meshes exported, like, split parts as they are in the Sims into one DAE (so that maya or thing sees separated parts) ?
Thanks !

Because of the way different mesh groups may be suppressed by other CAS parts (boots vs pants, etc.) and because some operations are currently set up to work on the entire mesh, this is a little more complicated than it seems. Right now I'm trying to get the TS3 version of SimRipper to include textures, but I'll come back to this.

Test Subject
#250 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 8:09 PM
Because of the way different mesh groups may be suppressed by other CAS parts (boots vs pants, etc.) and because some operations are currently set up to work on the entire mesh, this is a little more complicated than it seems. Right now I'm trying to get the TS3 version of SimRipper to include textures, but I'll come back to this.

Okay thanks for answering, good luck for that
Page 10 of 80