Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#726 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 7:23 AM
This straight alpha male has earned his way into the Official Teen Girl Squad. I just finished the Hunger Games series and I loved it.

Also, I'm just gonna say it. I don't know if it's a controversial opinion or not. Yolo. The ending to Mockingjay was far superior to Harry Potter's.
Advertisement
Instructor
#727 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 9:55 AM
I just finished The Lord of the Flies, and ordered three classics a couple days ago: Uncle's Tom Cabin, Of Mice and Men, Animal Farm.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#728 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 6:34 PM
Started another Donna Tartt book - The Secret History.
Scholar
#729 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Started another Donna Tartt book - The Secret History.

Never really got in to that one.

But The Little Friend is one of my three favourite novels.
Banned
#730 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 3:00 AM
OMGosh I am so reading Judy Blume's book Fudge-a-Mania!!! I am not that into it because Fudge has become so updated/mainstreamed and whatnot BUT I just loves Judy Blume! YAY!!!
Mad Poster
#731 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Never really got in to that one.

But The Little Friend is one of my three favourite novels.

I noticed people either loved or hated The Little Friend - I'm looking forward to reading it.
Mad Poster
#732 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:57 AM
Neverwhere by Neil Gailman.
Mad Poster
#733 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 6:00 AM
Five Days At Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#734 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 9:02 AM
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. Have read other novels by him, so very excited about this one!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#735 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 9:18 AM
Totally recommend any writing by Shirley Jackson. Currently re-reading Pulse by Julian Barnes.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
#736 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 2:47 AM
Right now I'm reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. It's been a good three or four years since I've read the Percy Jackson series, but I'm liking this one so far.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#737 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 6:36 PM
Only Child by Jack Ketchum.
Theorist
#738 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Neverwhere by Neil Gailman.

This! I got it for Christmas and I'm just about to start it!

Unfortunately my neighbor has just lent me five huge historical romance novels and l felt too bad to tell her that I don't want to waste reading time on them because she really loves them and is convinced I will too, even though I don't really read historical novels or romance novels, so I shall also start plowing through the first one of those. . . just a shame it had to be 800 pages long and the first in a trilogy.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Alchemist
#739 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 8:25 PM
Well, I have a couple... dozen... books out of their shelves that I've been reading in the last couple weeks. But right now, I do have a particular few that I'm focusing on.

Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Divergent by Veronica Roth (Only picked this one up because it was $4 on the Nook store, and I had a gift card, so why the hell not?)
Night's Child by Cate Tiernan

Yeah, I kind of only read YA books.
Scholar
#740 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 1:03 AM
After reading Jack Ketchum's "Only Child" and being thoroughly pissed off at the ending, I decided my next book would be much more light hearted. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" by Jeff Kinney, I don't even care that it's a kids book.
Lab Assistant
#741 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 3:19 AM
I'm two chapters away from finishing Rumblefish, I've begun The Fault in our Stars and the McKenna books from American Girl are an easy read but I haven't finished them. I'm a really lazy reader.
Scholar
#742 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 3:33 AM
I finished reading 'The Walking Dead' book 4 and 5. Now I have no more books to read, so I'm currently on the hunt for more.
Mad Poster
#743 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 6:59 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 3rd Jan 2014 at 4:50 PM.
I finished The Little Friend - It was so good. Now I'm reading The Last Policeman by Ben H Winters about a police detective who continues to attempt to solve cases in the final days of life on Earth (it will be hit by an asteroid).[Actually I'm not sure if all life on earth is going to end (in the book), but it will definitely be effed up]
Mad Poster
#744 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
Right now I'm reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. It's been a good three or four years since I've read the Percy Jackson series, but I'm liking this one so far.

I love Riordan's series! They always make me laugh, plus it's a fun update on the "who's who" in mythology.
I'm currently updated on the mythology series of his, though. Read the last book of his a while ago.

Right now I'm reading "agent 21". It's in a long line of other "secret organization turns kids into secret agents" books, and I'm trying to decide whether to stick with the series or not. Right now I just have the feeling I've read most of it before...
Mad Poster
#745 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 3:43 AM
I finished Louise Brooks: A Biography by Barry Paris. Now I'm reading Duplex by Kathryn Davis.
Scholar
#746 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 6:47 PM
Just finished Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead, who's my favorite author. I have some books by her on hold at the library that I'll pick up today--the Dark Swan series. I can't wait to read them. I'm also reading One Of Ours by Willa Cather for class and it's tough going. I'm supposed to start reading Beloved by Toni Morrison for the same class as I have a cumulative project on it.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#747 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 2:53 PM
Just finished The Hobbit. I thought I read it many years ago, but maybe not (I know I read LotR). And I have to say, they've done some brilliant work on the movies so far, because they're far better than the book. But with great actors and a manuscript that's probably longer and more thought-through than the book itself, it's probably no wonder...
Scholar
#748 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:14 AM
Finished the I Am Number Series by Pittacus Lore I NEED to know what happens next! Waiting impatiently for Fractured (Slated 3) by Teri Terry. I should read my chem and my business text books, this week wasnt particularly productive. Yes, thats it. I will read the relevant chapters of my text books; so much fun!
Test Subject
#749 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 10:50 PM
John Green is one of the best authors, in my opinion. I can't wait until the "The Fault in Our Stars" (grammar? lol) movie comes out! I'm gonna be an emotional wreck. "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher is a really good book that they're apparently making into a movie, though I'm not thrilled that Selena Gomez is going to be in it. :/

Right now I'm reading "Willow" by Julia Hoban, and it's really good.
Mad Poster
#750 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 12:29 AM
Working my way through Lord of the Rings again (been 10 years or so since the last time), plus reading "Russian Roulette" by Anthony Horowitz (my light reading book for when I feel the need of reading something I haven't read), and "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman (my current backpack book for long bus rides).
Page 30 of 41