Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Park in the Car Park

by MogHughson Posted 9th Nov 2010 at 5:48 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2021 at 10:21 PM by HugeLunatic

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 10:07 AM
There are modders, and there's Moghughson. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 5:55 PM
I actually screamed a little when I saw this on the front page. This is beyond amazing, thank you so much, Moghughson.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:11 PM
This truly is amazing! Now only if someone could make it for the Sims 3...
Test Subject
#79 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 11:19 PM
This is pretty sweet! How do you create mods?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 5:32 AM Last edited by Skeetendo : 17th Dec 2010 at 5:49 AM.
Even though I downloaded the newest version of the parking spaces from the thread, and replaced the old files with the new versions in my downloads folder, my sim's car is still showing up in the decorative spaces. The lot has no driveway, as there wasn't room.

Could it be that I will need to delete all the parking spaces from the lot and replace them after I replace the old file in my downloads folder? I haven't done that yet, since I wanted to ask before I went to all the trouble if it would be irrelevant.

EDIT: That actually seemed to fix the problem. I had assumed replacing the file would update all of them in the game. Guess I have to manually update all my parking lots. Oh well, at least it seems to work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#81 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 11:41 AM
Mog, You are my favourite sims creator! This game would be hell-like boring without Your mods. This is freakin' awesome! Endless Thank You for that!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 1:46 PM
Awesome, this makes things more realistic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 10:39 AM
I would totally download this if I hadn't left all my Sims 2 things in my other house, half-way across the world ;-;
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#84 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 7:17 PM
Just what I've been looking for, thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 1:39 AM
Thank you! (I throught why doesn't have traffic jam by my sim's car on the street)
Dose sim pass through garage door for parking in it in the community lot?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 7:54 AM
I have not done any testing with the garage door - nor have I made it possible to place the garage door on a community lot.

Do you want to use the garage door on a community lot?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#87 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 3:10 PM Last edited by epiphany10021 : 26th Dec 2010 at 9:59 PM.
HCDU picked up conflict with Crammy's CommunityTime Project.
The driveways worked fine my first play session (except some wonkiness with return times that I didn't connect with this until I finally remembered to run the conflict detector). Every time since I've loaded a community lot to overhaul parking lots and as soon as I click the driveway/garage button the game crashes.

Hope there's an easy resolution because it's a fantastic addition but CTP is essential to the way I play.

EDIT: Apparently not the cause of my crashes but does seem to definitely override crammyboy's mod. I'm getting no time delays or notifications upon return from community lots.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#88 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 5:40 AM
I love this mod, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 3:01 AM
=D mind blown... awesome mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:02 PM
OH my gosh! THANK YOU! I've been waiting for this for soooo long. Looking and looking until this was featured on the hp I rushed to get it! <3 <3
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by epiphany10021
HCDU picked up conflict with Crammy's CommunityTime Project.
Can you provide a link? I looked up the user CrammyBoy (is that the correct user name?) but didn't see a mod that was named Community Time. Once I have a link I can check out and perhaps work around the clash.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Sockpuppet
#92 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 10:44 PM
crammyboy's Community Time Project @ MATY
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7462.0
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 2:51 PM
Thanks for the link - the clash is in "Main - Community" which I suspect is rather central to both mods. I will investigate further, but in the mean time, I will document the clash.

Test Subject
#94 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 9:16 PM
Well, here's hoping...the functions are so different I hadn't even anticipated a conflict when I installed and began gleefully overhauling my parking lots. And thanks, Kabuto, for getting up that link so quickly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:59 AM
I hate how people park on the street in the same manor that traffic could ram straight into the car
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 8:31 PM
Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#97 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 11:15 PM
I had the invisible car problem when my Sim drove to a pre-existing lot with no driveway but several decorative parking spaces (the lot was built using the original parking slots).

The sound of the car arriving kept repeating, but the 'driver' remained in the same spot on the road.

I fixed it by deleting all the decorative slots, then replacing them with the updated slot.

These are both super mods, thanks Mog.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 4:21 AM
This is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much!! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 5:06 AM
It wont work
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simslovertatiana
It wont work
I'm afraid I'm going to need a little more detail in order to help you make it work. What exactly have you done, and in what way doesn't it work? For example, can you even place the driveway on a community lot to start with?

Page 4 of 7