Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#526 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 8:05 PM
Lot adjuster. I am so sick and tired of getting lots that are 20x30 but have enough empty space around the building to fit on a 20x20.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#527 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Lot adjuster. I am so sick and tired of getting lots that are 20x30 but have enough empty space around the building to fit on a 20x20.

You mean like this: https://modthesims.info/d/471164/ad...01-16-2014.html
Test Subject
#529 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
For someone to go in and grab the embroidery/needle point they put into the Sims 4 (like was done with the knitting). If I had talent, I'd do it for myself. Add that with the sewing and knitting we've already been given and you could become the ultimate arts and crafts person.

This sewing and knitting?

https://modthesims.info/d/659365/kn...-and-skill.html
Forum Resident
#530 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 4:25 PM
So, I like added difficulty in my own game where I can without it being way too artificially difficult. A lot of times that involves taking away things that Sims just get for free.

I was just thinking how I'd love being able to actually buy fire extinguishers and place them in homes instead of magically pulling them out of a Sim's pocket. If anyone played the console version of TS2 back in the day, I'm thinking of the same sort of idea as that game had. And have it so the normal extinguish interaction can't be used unless you've bought one.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#531 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee

TBH, the Sims 3 engine lacks so many fail-safes that I don't doubt that empty space is just to ensure that the fewest number of people suffer lot routing issues.

Custom worlds need not meet that standard, so they can afford to be tighter with their space.
Mad Poster
#532 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 3:53 PM
Throwing an idea out there- I always thought that Showtime was a bit of a missed opportunity in how hard-coded its careers were, when in fact it could have been a more general show-biz system that allows sims to demonstrate any skill they possess.

As such, I was just thinking of way that it might be theoretically redesigned, but of course, it really depends on how hardcoded are the Showtime Careers are.

1.) Is it possible to add/remove additional actions that sims can perform during their shows, and unlock additional stage items?

2.) Are these careers tied specifically to their specific skills?

3.) As such, would it be better to add new careers, or redesign the existing ones?

4.) For the latter, I wonder if the Acrobat, Magician, and Singer Careers could be reworked into more general 'bucket' categories? For instance:
- Singer > Music - Includes existing singer skill, and also instruments unlocked for sims to perform on solo (i.e. piano, violin, guitar, bass, laser, drums).
- Magician > Education (think Bob Ross, TED Talks) - This career allows sims to perform other skills using skill objects (i.e. painting, sculpting, cooking, mechanical, alchemy)
- Acrobat> Performance - This reencapsulates both the existing Magician + Acrobat skills, plus maybe a few other ones (i.e. dancing, charisma (using Arsil's Standup Comedy Microphone)

4.) In terms of visually judging performance, perhaps the non-showtime objects play their normal animations as intended, just to keep it simple.

Obviously this makes it sound way easier than it will be, but I'm just feeling around to see what people more knowledgeable about the Sims 3's mechanics might know about its limitations!
Forum Resident
#533 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 7:38 PM
I've seen a mod floating around online for TS4 that Scumbumbo created back in the day. It's a packing crates mod. Essentially, you can put larger furniture and stuff in it when you're ready to move (so like when a teen or single Sim from a household is ready to move). It sounds great because you don't have to worry about things getting left behind in the family inventory.

I wish TS3 had something like that. Treeag's Storage Box works pretty well, but you can only use it for portable items. I'd love to have something like the Packing Crates mod for larger furniture.

Top Secret Researcher
#534 Old 8th Sep 2021 at 3:46 PM
I would like a mod that makes animated ducks or swans swim around your ponds.
Or for someone to convert the cute ducks from sims 4 Cottage Living exp. as long as they can be animated
Instructor
#535 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 3:20 AM
I second the ducks...and the bunnies. And the llamas.
Mad Poster
#536 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 3:13 AM
Default replacements for the 'good' and 'evil' traits. Like, 'empath' and 'narcissist'.

Empaths would try to help others as usual and brighten days, and are susceptible to being manipulated by narcissists, while narcissists would do what they want and not care about who they hurt so long as they don't get into trouble. Instead of taking 'evil showers' the narcissists would in general step on others, and schmooze if it benefits them. They could do some real crappy things like starting rumours about other celebrities, swiping objects without the klepto trait, lying if accused of cheating, accusing partners of being narcissists (and the partners might agree and get a hug from the narcissist) and maybe accusing partners of stealing from them. They can discover traits rather easily while concealing their narcissist traits from all but the most perceptive sims for a long time.

However, an empath sim who has discovered the narcissist trait in another sim will detect the narcissist trait quickly in the future. While to start with, the empath sim will likely be attracted to the narcissist, the tricks will no longer work and the empath sim can quit giving any unnecessary responses to the narcissist.
Forum Resident
#537 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Default replacements for the 'good' and 'evil' traits. Like, 'empath' and 'narcissist'.

Empaths would try to help others as usual and brighten days, and are susceptible to being manipulated by narcissists, while narcissists would do what they want and not care about who they hurt so long as they don't get into trouble. Instead of taking 'evil showers' the narcissists would in general step on others, and schmooze if it benefits them. They could do some real crappy things like starting rumours about other celebrities, swiping objects without the klepto trait, lying if accused of cheating, accusing partners of being narcissists (and the partners might agree and get a hug from the narcissist) and maybe accusing partners of stealing from them. They can discover traits rather easily while concealing their narcissist traits from all but the most perceptive sims for a long time.

However, an empath sim who has discovered the narcissist trait in another sim will detect the narcissist trait quickly in the future. While to start with, the empath sim will likely be attracted to the narcissist, the tricks will no longer work and the empath sim can quit giving any unnecessary responses to the narcissist.

I see that you have been through the experience, that is too accurate.

In fact I want to transmit that with some characters from my neighborhoods in Sims 2, but sometimes I wonder if the world of the sims is more beautiful without those beasts of the devil.
Scholar
#538 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I would like a mod that makes animated ducks or swans swim around your ponds.
Or for someone to convert the cute ducks from sims 4 Cottage Living exp. as long as they can be animated

Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
I second the ducks...and the bunnies. And the llamas.

I third it. Especially the swans. I really want swans! I once built a house I called 'Swan Lodge', upon which I lavished as much detail as I could, my intention being to make a little fantasy 'Ballet Land', a sort of temple to youthful ambitions (or follies). It had a lake with deco swans on it, but real swans would have made it perfect. I also wish there was a way to have those little swan pedalo boats to work on ponds.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#539 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I see that you have been through the experience, that is too accurate.

In fact I want to transmit that with some characters from my neighborhoods in Sims 2, but sometimes I wonder if the world of the sims is more beautiful without those beasts of the devil.

I haven't really dealt with the swiping, but I've dealt with a 'friend' who would demand I look at her pictures, and she would vent at me about her personal woes without letting me vent to her. If I didn't comfort her enough, she would complain, but if I vented about a problem she would be like 'Jenna... it's always about Jenna..." and if I wasn't online at all hours she would throw a Grade-Caillou tantrum on the IM. I would have to explain to her that I had to go to school or class, or to home or to bed (and I shouldn't have had to explain). She would still act rather begrudging.

Eventually I went off the deep end on livejournal and totally embarrassed myself in a flame war due to that and sleep deprivation. Eventually, after another embarrassing flame war, I just ghosted her. That was like... fifteen or sixteen years ago. I just blocked her on AIM even though I had previously promised not to, because I knew she wasn't going to respect my needs, and to her credit, she didn't throw tantrums in public and I maybe sometimes replied to her posts. I recently mentioned that to an acquaintance on Discord and they said "That's called escaping abuse." and my counselor told me that the chick who was demanding my attention was actually isolating me.

But yeah, I think default replacements for the 'good' and 'evil' traits would be cool and make for some great drama. Also, what about toddlers putting things in their mouths, breaking breakable items, and drawing on the walls? And what about children and toddlers having negative feelings about little siblings if their parents don't give them enough positive interactions or responses? It could create a moodlet titled "[Parent Title] Doesn't Love Me!" and special wishes to do things to get attention - positive or negative.
Alchemist
#540 Old 11th Sep 2021 at 7:15 PM
I would spend a lot of money on a mod that fixes the Ambitions careers

or a mod that gave us new playable careers

what does his name even mean?
Forum Resident
#541 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 1:20 PM
@Dacapo To make it more profound, things like a temporary state of stockholm syndrome could be added in some empathic victims.
Mad Poster
#542 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 7:37 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 14th Sep 2021 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added an idea for narcissistic children
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
@Dacapo To make it more profound, things like a temporary state of stockholm syndrome could be added in some empathic victims.

Definitely.

I had actually felt sorry for that chick because she was whining about how people were being so mean to her and how they were harassing her on AIM (when she could have just blocked them or set it to buddies only) and the thing is, it was kind of justified because she was tracing other people's art and passing it off as her own. But I was kind of blinded to that because I was discussing the situation with the admins of this well-known art site and they were saying things in the vein of "Oh it's the Sonic fandom bitching about character theft and character theft isn't real etc." so I was confused as well. And there were times where she was nice, and I was going through some hard times emotionally from losing a couple friendships that I held dear (and it's likely due to my obsessive behaviour that has lately gotten somewhat of an outlet, as I may have OCD and the like) and I was basically in Aspiration Failure at some points and desperation at others - picture a sim having a chat with a cup-stick buddy or a volleyball with a mortarboard. I was vulnerable and she wasn't the only tracer who had me duped, as I had become friends with another who was very obsessive with this rather popular anthro artist (said popular anthro artist came off back then as a stereotypical bitchy cheerleader but looking back I think she was trying to be as nice and polite as possible, then finally couldn't take anymore and blew up).

I felt a little twinge when I blocked the tracer who just would not accept that I needed to have my breaks, but oh did it feel good to just get some weight off my shoulders. But yes, I did empathize with her. I wish I had seen the red flags and not ignored warnings.

Edit: And I got me another idea for the 'narcissistic' trait... a child with the trait can, if scolded or punished, have a special interaction called "But MEEEEEHM..." which could get him out of trouble or even get him a treat or some kind of toy to placate him. Parents with traits like 'disciplined' will not fall for it. Could even give a special moodlet with a picture of Eric Cartman.
Lab Assistant
#543 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 12:36 AM
I wish we could add custom traits to the game .
Instructor
#544 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 4:49 AM
Gruesims converted Sclubs lashes for kids and toddlers https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.co...at-those-lashes I don't think they are recolorable but maybe they would consdier adding a recolorable version.
Test Subject
#545 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 7:07 AM
It really bothers me that the sound of using dishwasher is the same for both children and adults. The sound of that action for adults does not match with what is happening when a child uses the dishwasher, and it triggers me every time I notice it.

Also the fact that dip kiss has no sound whatsoever, like step sounds for example, really bothers me as well. It is my favorite romantic interaction, and yet I rarely use it because of this.

I wish there was a mod that could fix these problems.
Mad Poster
#546 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 11:44 AM
I wonder if custom traits ARE possible in Sims 3... it would help with kinda making the technophobe trait more realistic and less of a blanket technology-hater trait. If not, make certain electronics like the smartphone, multitab, old timey telly, and retrotastic TV actually enjoyable for technophobes. Maybe even make it possible to do writing related stuff on the multitab, as well as art.

Also, maybe one that alerts the player when new npcs are being made? Or did nraas take care of that too?
Mad Poster
#547 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I wonder if custom traits ARE possible in Sims 3...

Custom traits are possible by way of a Core Mod loader (e.g., AwesomeMod but that only covers the custom traits included in AM itself) or by scripting. The scripting method is VERY complicated, which is why we rarely see them. There have been a total of I think two custom traits released for general usage -- SimsMX had one, the Hypochondriac trait, but it's outdated and should not be used on current patch levels. Arsil has a custom Japanese culture trait that is still usable.

Arsil also prepared a method for players to make their own custom traits for their own usage, but it is very complicated to follow and I'm not sure many have been able to use it successfully.
Forum Resident
#548 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 3:42 PM
Well, the biggest problem besides what igazor already listed is that TS3 traits affect so many different parts of the game as well. It isn't like TS4 where they primarily affect a Sim's mood. There's tons of code for behavioral differences between all of the different traits and how they interact with each other.

So honestly, even if there is a streamlined process to it, I'm not sure custom traits would feel as authentic as those that come with the game. Unless it was just tweaking an existing one if that were possible.

Forum Resident
#549 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Gruesims converted Sclubs lashes for kids and toddlers https://sketchbookpixels.wixsite.co...at-those-lashes I don't think they are recolorable but maybe they would consdier adding a recolorable version.

I just recently downloaded these and they are very nice but no, not recolorable though I am quite happy to have these. Thanks.
Screenshots

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Mad Poster
#550 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Well, the biggest problem besides what igazor already listed is that TS3 traits affect so many different parts of the game as well. It isn't like TS4 where they primarily affect a Sim's mood. There's tons of code for behavioral differences between all of the different traits and how they interact with each other.

So honestly, even if there is a streamlined process to it, I'm not sure custom traits would feel as authentic as those that come with the game. Unless it was just tweaking an existing one if that were possible.

I see... well I hope it will be possible in the future. Been thinking about the Supernatural Skeptic trait... I think supernatural skeptics should be able to write horror novels because not all horror films or novels involve supernatural or aliens. It's like whoever came up with the trait had never seen Saw, Cube, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Psycho. None of them involved the supernatural, and they were plenty scary. And you don't even have to believe in the supernatural to like fantasy or horror.
Page 22 of 35