Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2RPC - Modded Sims 2 Launcher for Mansion and Garden

by LazyDuchess Posted 15th Oct 2020 at 7:04 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2023 at 8:00 PM by LazyDuchess : Notice

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Test Subject
#76 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 3:58 AM
Discord rich presence thing doesn't work for me unfortunately
Test Subject
#77 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 11:02 AM
I keep getting: Failed to emumaerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system, even though I don't get this when I start up S2 normally. Any advice?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xsirxlovex
I keep getting: Failed to emumaerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system, even though I don't get this when I start up S2 normally. Any advice?

Try launching it with the -hide command, or set Sims2EP9RPC.exe to launch as administrator via properties and launch Sims2RPC.exe as administrator as well. I'm not sure why the launcher seems to be making Sims 2 fail to boot dx9 for some people, I'm trying to look into it, sorry about it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katarina.zinha
Discord rich presence thing doesn't work for me unfortunately

Any specific messages? Have you tried launching Sims2RPC as admin, and have the Discord app (not on your browser) running when you launch it?
Test Subject
#80 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 9:36 PM
also ever since I have installed this game keeps on crashing or just closing without any log or message :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazlo-curious
also ever since I have installed this game keeps on crashing or just closing without any log or message :/

I'm sorry about that; It seems to do this for some people but not for others, seems to be an issue with the Sims 2 executable perhaps? I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about it sadly, other than making a version compatible with Origin. You could try DXVK as well if nothing else seems to solve it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 12:10 PM
Randomly stopped working for me- just the "Sims2RPC.exe has stopped working" message. Literally ran it earlier today just fine... thought it might be a mod but it won't start without, and repaired the game on Origin too. Strange.
Forum Resident
#83 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 4:01 AM
Just wanted to say a big thank you for making this! I've only just now got around to testing it out and I'm loving it so far! I especially enjoy the discord interface. One thing I've come across in case it helps you:
-I first got the directx9 error but discovered it wasn't finding it because I had your mod placed in its own folder within TSBin. Once I took it all out of its own folder into just the TSBin the game opened fine.

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Forum Resident
#84 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 8:14 PM
Hey, so I don't know if this is any useful or even interesting, and it may just be me, but for some reason, if I launch the game using a shortcut to the RPC, and play a hood that's been added after the RPC was installed, for some reason pregnant sims keep changing their maternity clothes when they change clothes, do you know if there's a way to fix that (aside from just launching the app itself)?
Mad Poster
#85 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 4:15 AM Last edited by TadOlson : 11th Nov 2020 at 4:48 PM.
Thanks!I will test it out after backing my TS2 program files up incase anything goes wrong.I have my entire Origin Games program directory backed up on an external hard drive if I need to restore from the backup if something does go wrong.I already play my game windowed because the camera dosen't save the screenshots organized well.

I on testing had to direct the new shortcut to run the game as a normal window because the boarderless setting was launching my game in fullscreen so that means just launch in windowed mode if I want to have that fix.I've loaded my game at least half a dozen times and also got the 4GB patch though it wasn't evennecessary since I was already running my game way overloaded with too much buy mode CC and haven't had any crashes except for when one glitchy thing got installed and made it crash on loading before I identified it and removed it.My game was already very fast in loading before this was installed.I just wished the boarderless window would work for me because I'd love another option besides using normal windowed mode though I'll just stic with that if that other window isn't going to work for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 7:47 PM
Thanks for the reports. I've included in the troubleshooting launching as admin as it seems to fix a lot of issues some people might have, so you guys can try that if it's crashing. As for the maternity clothes thing, that seems to be a side effect of a fix I implemented in version 1.1 of the firstborn fix, might be an issue with Maxis code that used the broken randomization so it wasn't visible until now. You can replace randomizer.asi inside of the mods folder with the older version here if it bothers you: https://github.com/LazyDuchess/firs.../randomizer.asi (Firstborn syndrome will remain fixed, it's another object/SimAntics related randomization fix that will get reverted, you're most likely not going to notice anything different unless you really go out of your way to test random numbers from objects/hacks/scripts)
Borderless is meant to look like fullscreen by the way, hence borderless fullscreen, I'm not sure if this is what you mean or if it's actually launching in standard fullscreen.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 4:49 AM
I've been having the game launch in actual full screen on the shortcut where I didn't tag it to open in normal windowed mode ao I'll just use the one that makes it open in windowed mode since standard full screen is a major issue for me because of the screenshot saving issue and because of the issue of not having any clock in sight which led to overnight and marathon TS2 sessions back when I was playing fullscreen.
@LazyDuchess -I'll use the shortcut if the executable that launches my game as a standard window for the screenshots and so I don't get lost in the game.It also applied the 4GB patch and made my game start loading in more like 30 seconds or just over that instead of the 45-75 seconds it used to load in with the longer time being when my hard drive needed defragmenting.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 9:17 AM
Hi, this is amazing and totally gamechanging, thank you!

Just an FYI - I wanted to only install the Firstborn Syndrome Fix, so I followed the instructions on your Tumblr. I haven't tested it in detail yet, but I did go into CAS to look at something else and my game was over-exposed with black boxes under the sims again - Pics are attached.

I think I have fixed it by reverting back to the d3d9.dll file that I have been using already for my game, rather than the one in your link. I assumed the issue was because I didn't want or have the reshade mod? My question is, should the firstborn fix still work with my original d3d9.dll file? - I got that from a Purple Flashing Fix tutorial, I can try and find where I downloaded it from for you if that would be helpful... I'm not sure, but you may want to attach a different version of a d3d9.dll file for users who are not wanting the reshade mod?

In any case, thank you so much for this fix (and for your CC merger tool, #GAMECHANGER!!!!). I'm loading the game now to test the Firstborn Fix!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:48 AM
@TadOlson I'll look into it
Quote: Originally posted by SepiaFlower
Hi, this is amazing and totally gamechanging, thank you!

Just an FYI - I wanted to only install the Firstborn Syndrome Fix, so I followed the instructions on your Tumblr. I haven't tested it in detail yet, but I did go into CAS to look at something else and my game was over-exposed with black boxes under the sims again - Pics are attached.

I think I have fixed it by reverting back to the d3d9.dll file that I have been using already for my game, rather than the one in your link. I assumed the issue was because I didn't want or have the reshade mod? My question is, should the firstborn fix still work with my original d3d9.dll file? - I got that from a Purple Flashing Fix tutorial, I can try and find where I downloaded it from for you if that would be helpful... I'm not sure, but you may want to attach a different version of a d3d9.dll file for users who are not wanting the reshade mod?

In any case, thank you so much for this fix (and for your CC merger tool, #GAMECHANGER!!!!). I'm loading the game now to test the Firstborn Fix!

The d3d9.dll is not actually ReShade or anything weird, it pretends to be the normal d3d9.dll, among other dlls, and "hijacks" them to inject the mod, that's why it conflicts with your custom one. I think you could rename it to dsound.dll instead of d3d9.dll and have it coexist with your old .dll
EDIT: Tested it, dsound.dll should absolutely work. I've updated the steps on my post to reflect this, thank you for the feedback!
Mad Poster
#90 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:27 PM
@LazyDuchess -I'll just force my game to load as a standard window if I want to play because I want to be able to take proper screenshots and save them organized instead of in a random order.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:01 PM Last edited by SepiaFlower : 12th Nov 2020 at 10:29 PM. Reason: extra info
Quote: Originally posted by LazyDuchess
@TadOlson I'll look into it

The d3d9.dll is not actually ReShade or anything weird, it pretends to be the normal d3d9.dll, among other dlls, and "hijacks" them to inject the mod, that's why it conflicts with your custom one. I think you could rename it to dsound.dll instead of d3d9.dll and have it coexist with your old .dll
EDIT: Tested it, dsound.dll should absolutely work. I've updated the steps on my post to reflect this, thank you for the feedback!

Hi @LazyDuchess, so I tried having both my d3d9.dll file, and yours renamed as dsound.dll. Unfortunately my game won't open It tries, and origin just flashes up onto the screen - same for running as administrator. My game is special-heavily-modded-snowflake... very sensitive to any changes haha, so I'm not sure it likes this new file. Any other suggestions?

Love your work!

To clarify - there is no error message at all, it simply doesn't boot.

*Edit: here is a last Exception report if that is helpful!

**Edit 2 - Okay never mind, I noticed that exception report said it was trying to boot with only 2gig of ram so I reapplied the 4gb patch and now it is booting. Hahaha sorry. Everything seems to now be working, thank you so much! :D
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2020.11.13 08.30.07.txt (12.1 KB, 11 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#92 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 2:30 AM
Hi @LazyDuchess, so I tried having both my d3d9.dll file, and yours renamed as dsound.dll. Unfortunately my game won't open It tries, and origin just flashes up onto the screen - same for running as administrator. My game is special-heavily-modded-snowflake... very sensitive to any changes haha, so I'm not sure it likes this new file. Any other suggestions?

Love your work!

To clarify - there is no error message at all, it simply doesn't boot.

*Edit: here is a last Exception report if that is helpful!

**Edit 2 - Okay never mind, I noticed that exception report said it was trying to boot with only 2gig of ram so I reapplied the 4gb patch and now it is booting. Hahaha sorry. Everything seems to now be working, thank you so much! :D

Thank you, I'm glad it works! By the way, are you using a no-cd exe? You should, as Origin otherwise interferes and doesn't allow the mod to load.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lfria
Just wanted to say a big thank you for making this! I've only just now got around to testing it out and I'm loving it so far! I especially enjoy the discord interface. One thing I've come across in case it helps you:
-I first got the directx9 error but discovered it wasn't finding it because I had your mod placed in its own folder within TSBin. Once I took it all out of its own folder into just the TSBin the game opened fine.

I was also having this issue and this totally fixed it!

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Forum Resident
#94 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 10:14 AM
I've got a weird one. Since installing this mod, my sims have had twins almost exclusively. The only pregnancies that weren't twins were in households where a pregnancy had already happened in the same playsession. Any first pregnancy is twins. This part is what makes me suspect your mod, since it looks like an issue where the randomizer always starts at the same number, like Firstborn Syndrome. Can't seem to find any other culprit either.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 7:18 AM Last edited by SepiaFlower : 15th Nov 2020 at 8:01 AM.
Thank you, I'm glad it works! By the way, are you using a no-cd exe? You should, as Origin otherwise interferes and doesn't allow the mod to load.

@LazyDuchess I'm honestly not sure >_> How would I go about finding out?
If it's to do with the d3d9.dll file I am using, it's from this Purple Flashing Fix tutorial: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...G6qfaI6rOs/edit
The download file is located on page 10 of the document...

If there's something else I need, let me know?

Edit - I play the Ultimate Collection from Origin, FYI. So... would I just need an origin bypass instead?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
I've got a weird one. Since installing this mod, my sims have had twins almost exclusively. The only pregnancies that weren't twins were in households where a pregnancy had already happened in the same playsession. Any first pregnancy is twins. This part is what makes me suspect your mod, since it looks like an issue where the randomizer always starts at the same number, like Firstborn Syndrome. Can't seem to find any other culprit either.

That's... Extremely weird. My mod should fix that very thing, are the twins different in each play session?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 1:56 PM
@LazyDuchess I'm honestly not sure >_> How would I go about finding out?
If it's to do with the d3d9.dll file I am using, it's from this Purple Flashing Fix tutorial: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...G6qfaI6rOs/edit
The download file is located on page 10 of the document...

If there's something else I need, let me know?

Edit - I play the Ultimate Collection from Origin, FYI. So... would I just need an origin bypass instead?

Well if it launches Origin when you run it from Sims2EP9.exe then yes, you need a no-cd exe for the fix to work. They're easily available online.
Test Subject
#98 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 3:47 PM
Can I use this mod with the Loading Randomizer from Greatcheesecakepersona? And how?
Test Subject
#99 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Merwhos
Can I use this mod with the Loading Randomizer from Greatcheesecakepersona? And how?

I was able to before today, but the newest update seems to have broken the loading randomizer for me. I don't even get splash music anymore. But to install it all you have to do it is point the loading randomizer to the Sims2RPC.exe (NOT the Sims2EP9RPC.exe that it creates once you play - I made that mistake before).
Forum Resident
#100 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 7:23 PM
That's... Extremely weird. My mod should fix that very thing, are the twins different in each play session?

There's no Firstborn Syndrome going on here, I accelerated an ongoing pregnancy and the child looks different from their older siblings. Then I made the mother get pregnant again and boom, more twins.
Page 4 of 13