Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2RPC - Modded Sims 2 Launcher for Mansion and Garden

by LazyDuchess Posted 15th Oct 2020 at 7:04 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2023 at 8:00 PM by LazyDuchess : Notice

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 13
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 9:54 AM Last edited by coria15 : 2nd Apr 2021 at 10:13 AM.
I didn't even install the mod in the end, I just updated my C++ and such, now my Sims game won't play... guess I should try reinstalling and see if it works...

Edit: Ah, thank god. The fix turned out to be simple, just deleted the accessory and group caches. Don't know why things went funny, but now I'm doubtful it had anything to do with the updates. Or maybe it did, who knows. Just glad it's fixed. Oh yeah, so the reason I didn't install this in the end despite badly wanting that firstborn fix is I have The Sims 2 T&A installed. Somehow I doubt this is gonna work with that, so~ rather than risk messing up my install, I'm gonna have to content myself with the annoying workarounds. Been living with them this long. Still, I wanna thank you for making this. I thought nobody would ever fix that bug! :D
Test Subject
#177 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leviathan_bones
Ooookay, so I'm absolutely not a computer person but I'm going to try to be as clear as I can here. I've been having some issues and I'm not really sure what to do about them.

So I followed the install instructions you have here and was able to launch the game through the SIMS2RPC.exe program. Aside from launching it never seemed to work though? Discord never picked it up, alt tabbing in and out still took forever, and there seemed to be no difference between launching the game in windowed or borderless mode. I'm also not sure if the firstborn fix worked. But it still launched the game, and since I really wanted to play, I just said to myself "It works ok, troubleshoot stuff later" I guess that was a bad idea?

Okay ignore the paragraph that was here. I figured out the issue with my game not launching, and now it boots up and runs fine. But I'm still having issues with the above

Also apologies if I should've put this under the help forum, I just thought this should go here since I can't get your mod to work? I don't know. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

About Discord not picking it up, you're gonna have to manually add it in the game activity tab. Preferably do this when the game is already running so you're sure that you have the right executable added. Once that's done, it should be recognized automatically and rich presence will work! :p
Test Subject
#178 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by woona
About Discord not picking it up, you're gonna have to manually add it in the game activity tab. Preferably do this when the game is already running so you're sure that you have the right executable added. Once that's done, it should be recognized automatically and rich presence will work! :p

Unfortunately, I've already done that and rich presence isn't working. I just get a ? for an icon and a notification that I'm playing the sims 2 mansion and garden stuff.
Test Subject
#179 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 6:45 PM Last edited by flyertiger : 18th Apr 2021 at 7:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by flyertiger
I'm also getting this and then I get an error popup saying The Sims 2 isn't installed on my computer. I haven't changed any of my setup. It only happened after Sims2RPC updated.

Still having this issue even with a cache clean and reinstall. Any ideas? Idk why it stopped working in March. Thought it might be related to EA Desktop but I can't get it to work with even Origin running. I also can't even use my non RPC exe so I can't play at all.

EDIT: So I uninstalled EA Desktop beta since that thing was so buggy and repaired the game in Origin. And I think it's fixed!
Test Subject
#180 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 3:07 PM Last edited by Latestfire : 30th Apr 2021 at 3:26 PM.
I'm having an issue getting this launcher to use my NVIDIA graphics card. I have the Ultimate Collection on Windows 10, and I am using the light version of your launcher. I already went through the steps to fix the graphics a while ago, and it looks perfect when launching via the original Sims2EP9.exe executable. I used the NVIDIA Control Panel to force the launchers to use my NVIDIA graphics card instead of the default integrated Intel one. If I use Sims2EP9.exe, it correctly uses the NVIDIA card (I checked in the log file). The problem is that when I launch via Sims2RPC.exe, it still uses the Intel graphics card. It doesn't seem like the edge smoothing setting is actually doing anything either (but that could be due to the crappy graphics card idk). I tried running as Admin already. I tried clearing the Accessory/Group cache files. I double checked that Sims2RPC.exe is set to use the NVIDIA card. As far as I know, the settings for both executables are the same so I'm baffled. I'm not sure what I should do at this point. Any advice?

EDIT: I figured it out. There is a second executable that I missed, Sims2Ep9RPC.exe, that I also needed to force to use the NVIDIA card.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 6th May 2021 at 6:59 PM
Hi, just a random question. I read this affects townie generation as well as babies born. Several of my townies are spawning with the same first name. I have quite a big Live.Package name replacement mod so it's not lack of variety - it's like it's just landing in the same place constantly.

Is that likely to be coincidence or the randomise feature not working somehow?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#182 Old 17th May 2021 at 10:46 PM
Hii! So I am having a weird glitch. I use only the light version, but when I launch the game through Sims2RPC, my Sims aren't able to paint still life paintings anymore. For some reason they will switch to a default painting instead. When I launch the game through origin using the regular .exe file, the problem doesn't happen and Sims can paint still life paintings normally again. No idea what is causing this?

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Test Subject
#183 Old 19th May 2021 at 12:56 AM
Is there a way to get this to run without the updater running in the initial launce? The web resource that it calls on sets off my antivirus and it terminates the whole thing
Test Subject
#184 Old 19th May 2021 at 6:46 PM Last edited by justukyte : 20th May 2021 at 12:23 PM.
Can I use Loading randomizer by greatcheesecake persona and RPC loader at the same time? is it possible?
EDIT: found out that it's possible
Test Subject
#185 Old 23rd May 2021 at 6:49 AM Last edited by Eclecticsims : 26th May 2021 at 2:22 AM.
So I love this mod already, but I can't seem to get certain functions to work and I think it might conflict with inteen? The Discord rich presence doesn't seem to be working. As for inteen, I use it for the fertility system and when I installed this mod I think it made it so my sims can't woohoo any more? Do you know what script might be causing that?

Edit: I want to mention too that it's amazing that this is actually a workaround for being logged into Origin to play too! That's been so freaking annoying to me that I have the be logged into Origin to play a game that's older than Origin, but this makes it so that I don't have to!

Edit: turns out it was a load order issue, if anyone else has this problem!
Test Subject
#186 Old 24th May 2021 at 8:30 AM
The game sometimes doesn't launch and only displays "no defaults." in the console, the updater only fixed it temporarily. Is there any fix to that?
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 24th May 2021 at 9:35 AM
Thanks for this! Also I found a sort of fix for the directx 9.0c crash on startup. Under the compatability tab under DPI settings I set the DPI settings on Sims2RPC's shortcut to "Override High DPI Scailing" and set the drop down window under it to "Scailing performed by : Aplication" this will stop the directx 9.0c crash but only in fullscreen mode for some reason windowed and windowed borderless still seem to end in the directx 9.0c crash not sure why.

Thanks again for this awesome mod!
Test Subject
#188 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 5:45 PM
I've been using RPC with no issues at all, thank you for this tool.

Now I'm trying to use it with Loading Randomizer. I'm pointing it to Sims2RPC.exe. It seems to work but it doesn't show any console window like it used to when running without Loading Randomizer. Even using the "default.txt" with the commands it still doesn't show any window. The commands are -rpc and -show. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks again for the awesome tool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#189 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 11:44 PM Last edited by Epierc32 : 11th Jun 2021 at 11:50 PM. Reason: forgot to add some info
Is this compatible with Loading Randomizer by greatcheesecakepersona?
Test Subject
#190 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 11:01 PM
So I've combed through the comments section and I don't see that anyone else has asked about my current issue.

Everything about this is awesome and runs well on my computer, but when I launch in borderless or windowed I lose the ability to edge scroll and my camera does not zoom out nearly far enough in neighbourhood view. If I launch full-screen the edge scrolling functions normally.

In regard to the camera zoom issue... if I launch the game using the regular launcher rather than this one, the zoom functions as it's meant to. When I launch using RPC the camera issue occurs. Any idea what might cause this and how to fix it? Setting the custom camera to true or false doesn't resolve the issue either.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Test Subject
#191 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 2:12 PM
My laptop only supports the 144hz refresh rate, so even with this mod, I cannot go fullscreen as I keep getting the DirectX 9.0C error. I primarily wanted this mod because of the borderless fullscreen but the error won't go away. Am I missing something or is exclusive 144hz just not supported at all?
Test Subject
#192 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 9:42 PM
Default Hey!
I tried to use this, but in the middle of installation my antivirus informed me that one of the files is a trojan. Is this true? I use F-secure if it helps.
I'll include an image in this post.
Screenshots
Theorist
#193 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 10:48 PM
DLL injection can be used as a technique to allow an attacker to run arbitrary code in the context of the address space of another process.

However, this specific application doesn't use DLL injection as a way to run malicious code, but rather to run code that fixes things (first-born randomizer etc.). Therefore, what your antivirus software is picking up is (should be) a false positive. It is up to you to trust the creator of this application and run it, or remove it from your system.
Test Subject
#194 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
DLL injection can be used as a technique to allow an attacker to run arbitrary code in the context of the address space of another process.

However, this specific application doesn't use DLL injection as a way to run malicious code, but rather to run code that fixes things (first-born randomizer etc.). Therefore, what your antivirus software is picking up is (should be) a false positive. It is up to you to trust the creator of this application and run it, or remove it from your system.

Thank you for the quick response. I did find it odd that so many people have used this, but no one has mentioned any trojans or other viruses. I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks again
Test Subject
#195 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 8:58 PM
How do I uninstall this? My game kept crashing then it stopped crashing and starting closing itself on the loading screen. I want to use my regular sims 2 launcher. I just wanted to use the mod that prevents first born syndrome. Not the launcher. I unistalled all my games and reinstalled but it still keeps closing itself.
Test Subject
#196 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxoquana
How do I uninstall this? My game kept crashing then it stopped crashing and starting closing itself on the loading screen. I want to use my regular sims 2 launcher. I just wanted to use the mod that prevents first born syndrome. Not the launcher. I unistalled all my games and reinstalled but it still keeps closing itself.

Regular Sims2Launcher is just broken. Just make shortcut to "Sims2EP9.exe" and run game directly. Also you can disable everything but Firstborn Fix in Sims2RPC.
Test Subject
#197 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Yosarna : 10th Aug 2021 at 6:17 PM.
Hiya! Little trouble with my hood view since I have installed your awesome RPC. I don't see the hood deco and buildings like the screenshot below:

Update: my game crashed right after that.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#198 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 3:25 AM
why is this making my game crash.. lol
Test Subject
#199 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 1:09 PM
I want to play windowed rather than borderless fullscreen though ...
Test Subject
#200 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 5:14 PM
Does something like this exist for Castaway Stories?
Page 8 of 13