Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Body Shop - Clean UI & Widescreen

by SmugTomato Posted 25th Mar 2021 at 1:24 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2022 at 11:03 AM by SmugTomato : Fixed a scrollbar in the import menu for hair

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 1:30 AM
I love the UI, but the BodyShopLauncher.exe disappears when I attempt to launch it? It won't stay in my csbin folder.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by b0uglas
I love the UI, but the BodyShopLauncher.exe disappears when I attempt to launch it? It won't stay in my csbin folder.

It's probably being quarantined by your anti virus as a false positive due to the way it hooks into BodyShop, you will have to add an exception for it
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#53 Old 11th May 2021 at 3:58 PM
Any clues as to why this simply won't launch? I tried launching from the exe itself, tried run as administrator, there's nothing in my virus chest, but it's like there's simply no response. It seems to pop up momentarily in Task Manager (something does) but it disappears immediately.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 11th May 2021 at 7:07 PM
Can you try setting 'bDebugConsole' in the ini file to True? It should make a command window appear informing you on the current status
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th May 2021 at 4:56 PM
Is it possible that you can make a version for resolutions less than 1600x900? My computer is old and I use the resolutions that the game brings by default, but I still really like this version of the UI then, I don't know if you could make a version for the default resolutions, sorry if this is annoying
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RueOne
Is it possible that you can make a version for resolutions less than 1600x900? My computer is old and I use the resolutions that the game brings by default, but I still really like this version of the UI then, I don't know if you could make a version for the default resolutions, sorry if this is annoying

Sadly with the way UI editing has to be done this would essentially mean redoing the entire process for the smaller resolution, with 1080p being the most commonly used resolution according to the Steam Hardware Survey I picked 1600x900 to fit nicely inside it. I'll keep it in mind and I might slowly chip away at it, since I have seen a few people here and there saying they can't use it due to their resolution, but I don't currently have the motivation to commit to an update this big.
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 6:08 PM
Sorry to bother you but would you have any idea why it's saying an instance of Body Shop is already running? It doesn't do this when I run the TS2BodyShop.exe but that doesn't run in the widescreen resolution It was working a while ago though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 12:43 PM Last edited by SmugTomato : 10th Jun 2021 at 2:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kiyajadie
Sorry to bother you but would you have any idea why it's saying an instance of Body Shop is already running? It doesn't do this when I run the TS2BodyShop.exe but that doesn't run in the widescreen resolution It was working a while ago though.

That's Body Shop itself detecting a running instance of body Shop, it must be running in the background.
I've had this happen once or twice while testing, but after closing it through task manager and starting it again it worked fine.

edit
Seems like I forgot there actually is a function that detects an instance already running that should look like the attached picture, either way it should only trigger when an instance of Body Shop is indeed running.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
Sadly with the way UI editing has to be done this would essentially mean redoing the entire process for the smaller resolution, with 1080p being the most commonly used resolution according to the Steam Hardware Survey I picked 1600x900 to fit nicely inside it. I'll keep it in mind and I might slowly chip away at it, since I have seen a few people here and there saying they can't use it due to their resolution, but I don't currently have the motivation to commit to an update this big.

Oh, I understand don't worry, I'll wait patiently!
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 12:59 PM
Default Loading screen, resolution and options cut off issues
It looks like the loading screen is from the maxis UI. Also my bodyshop seems to be fullscreen ( my resolution is 1900 x 1080) although it is said to be 1600 x 900. Probably why the UI is somehow cut and I don't see all of the options.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 5:15 PM Last edited by SmugTomato : 18th Jun 2021 at 9:21 PM.
Do you use any kind of display scaling? That's one way something like this can happen.
If you set bDebugConsole to True in BodyShopHack.ini it should inform you what resolution the window has been resized to, it should be a little bit over 1600x900.

As for the loading screen, I didn't bother changing it since you only see it at startup :P
Test Subject
#62 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:27 AM
Is there any way to use this in full screen without it being blurry? I'm using a 2560 x 1440 resolution...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 8:31 AM Last edited by SmugTomato : 19th Jun 2021 at 1:03 PM.
You will be able to set the resolution higher in the ini file but the UI is made specifically for 1600x900, at higher resolutions it can cover the sim.
Test Subject
#64 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 1:26 PM
Do you use any kind of display scaling? That's one way something like this can happen.
If you set bDebugConsole to True in BodyShopHack.ini it should inform you what resolution the window has been resized to, it should be a little bit over 1600x900.

As for the loading screen, I didn't bother changing it since you only see it at startup :P

The console says this and bodyshop crashes right after:

Screenshots
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 2:10 AM Last edited by BlueGemFox : 25th Jun 2021 at 2:48 AM.
Fantastic work, makes body shop so much better!
Though I too am having the same issue with my res. I'm too stupid to figure out how you disable scaling stuff for specific programs. I did set "disable full screen optimization" on both, but unfortunately My screen keeps resizing. I'm on a surface go, so my screen res is a little different at 1920x2080. I made sure my actual sims 2 game is set to my current res if that affected anything but yeah. You can see in first screen below.

[edit]
Ok I figured it out! for those who don't know how to set separate display scaling, you right click on TS2BodyShop.exe, go to the compatibility tab, click "Change High DPI settings" Tick Override DPI Scaling Behavior and set it to application. Fixed it right up for me.

[edit]
On my custom built pc, I have the exact same setup for my sims game as my surface pc, but sadly when I run body shop it crashes (screen below)

Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 8:52 AM
What does the error message say? The screenshot is too small to read it
Test Subject
#67 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 12:02 AM
What does the error message say? The screenshot is too small to read it

Ah sorry! it just says "The application has crashed. The program will now terminate" I'm trying to get a better screen but the program now just crashes without an error message.
Test Subject
#68 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 1:32 AM
Hi, this is great for the most part, but unfortunately i don't seem to actually have the option to save my sims as I dont see it anywhere on my UI, my display is 1920 x 1080 if that matters.
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 4:28 AM
Mine was working perfectly but now it's reverted back to the old body-shop but within the larger window. The only thing I did since it worked was restart my computer. I uninstalled it and checked the normal body-shop and that works fine. Then I reinstalled the clean version and it's still messed up.. Any ideas?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 1:50 PM
THIS IS SO HELPFUL! thank you so much for doing this eeee!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 7:24 AM
Thank you so much, I also used a custom light background I found online to match the UI, now I won't have to squint at a tiny window on my monitor when making sims. Much appreciated :)
Test Subject
#72 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luna_Dahlia
Mine was working perfectly but now it's reverted back to the old body-shop but within the larger window. The only thing I did since it worked was restart my computer. I uninstalled it and checked the normal body-shop and that works fine. Then I reinstalled the clean version and it's still messed up.. Any ideas?

So I had the same issue. Since there hadn't been a response I decided I would just try and reinstall it, which is when I realized that what was wrong was unlikely to be any of the original files that came in the zip. You see the "CSResources.ini" file was missing the added line in it (the one you are supposed to remove in order to uninstall correctly) and thus wasn't even trying to use the new UI. So check that file, this is what it is supposed to say:
[DBSegments]
0x00000000 = 0x086d4a89;%DataDirectory%Res\UI\CaSIEUI.data
0x00000004 = 0x086d4a89;%DataDirectory%Res\Locale\%Language%\UI\CaSIEUI.data
0x00000000 = 0x086d4a89;%DataDirectory%Res\UI\SmugTomato_bs_cleanui.package

[ResourceFactories]
0x856ddbac = 0xa2ffb5d3
0xebfee33f = 0xebfeec33
0xa2e3d533 = 0x42e411c2

Hope I got that right
If it is missing that Smug Tomato line then it is not loading the new UI, you can likely just change it manually in your notes program but you could also just replace it with the version in the zip. If it has that line and still isn't loading then idk, cause that was my problem. I wonder if the file just decides to reset when you do certain things, I wouldn't know cause I am not very knowledgable on this stuff.
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 1:06 PM
My laptop is only 1366x768 resolution ...
Test Subject
#74 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 10:54 AM
Help ! The window is wider but the UI still like this. How can I fix it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zsukala
Help ! The window is wider but the UI still like this. How can I fix it?

Looks like your display resolution is too low
Page 3 of 5