Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 176 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 8:34 PM
Default Help!
Does anyone know anything about modding that doesn't mind helping me step by step? I want sims to play the radio in their vehicles just like they could in the fixer-upper car, which is store content that came with the world Roaring Heights. I have asked, pretty much begged people on Modthesims.info to help me out on their mod forums, but nobody seems to have an answer. Before you ask, I don't have the fixer-upper car in my game because I haven't bought Roaring Heights. I know about it because I used to download free store content, which messed up my game. I don't know anything about modding and I don't want the lack of help to keep me from getting what I want in my game. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. If it's successful I will release it to the public as a mod so others can enjoy.
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 10:20 PM
You had some suggestions in previous threads, but you seems to have deleted them.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 9:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
You had some suggestions in previous threads, but you seems to have deleted them.

I deleted them because no one was really helping so I kind of just gave up every time. I got some hints from people, but that was about it. In past threads they weren't really suggestions they were more like taking information from what other people have already told me from previous threads. None of them were my ideas. I was just doing whatever someone else suggested. That's just how lost I am.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 9:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample

Yeah my reply was in one of the threads that got deleted. But if you want to create a project like this, you'll need access to the .dll of the fixer upper car to see what it is you'll need to replicate (or copy, but copying doesn't always work). You can open the .dll file using a program called ILSpy, link is in the first post of this thread here.

Since you want to add interactions to every car in the game, you'll need to create a pure scripting mod. There's a tutorial of how to create a basic pure scripting mod here. You'll also need to set up Sims 3 modding framework in either SharpDevelop or VisualStudio, links to those tutorials here and here, respectively. And you'll need the unprotected game .dlls, which you can grab here. The set up tutorials will tell you which ones you need.

Just as a quick note, playing a radio consists of multiple interactions. Just at a glance, there's "Toggle On/Off", "Change Station", "Dance Solo" and "Dance Together A" (there's probably a Dance Together B somewhere, but I didn't see it). I can't recall if the fixer upper car had a way to skip songs on the radio like a normal stereo, but that would need to be its own interaction if you choose to add it. These interactions also have several lines of code running various checks that will need to be carried over into your own code to make them work correctly in game.

I don't know of any other mods that are similar to this, so that may be why your question hasn't had many responses. Every mod is different and the steps needed to successfully make each one are different as well. It's possible that people may not know exactly how to code something like this or how to give advice to someone who wants to attempt it.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isisj12
I deleted them because no one was really helping so I kind of just gave up every time. I got some hints from people, but that was about it. In past threads they weren't really suggestions they were more like taking information from what other people have already told me from previous threads. None of them were my ideas. I was just doing whatever someone else suggested. That's just how lost I am.

The reason people are giving you information you already have is because you are deleting the threads. People can't remember what was said in posts you deleted. If you have a problem or need assistance, just make one thread in one forum, and wait for people to reply, and don't delete it. If people have to retype something they said in a previous thread, or give you information only for you to say 'I know that', they get fed up and won't help you.
Why don't you start by telling us what you do know, and what you've tried? Also try some tutorials as directed above.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive