Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 2:22 AM
Default Vent Thread (Girls Edition)
Good 'ol fashion vent thread, for us girls to talk about those boys that make us go crazy, or those damned shoes we saw in the mall that we wanted to but couldn't afford. Plus I thought we'd add a little twist to this thread You don't necessarily have to do this, but I thought it'd be nice to give the person above you some advice on their problem when you post.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy as for my vent:

I got my damn phone taken away by my ass of a teacher and my dad won't drive to the school to get it :eviltongu OMGAAH, he's such an a-hole although I probably deserve it. :hmm:

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 6:05 AM
Dreamy, first up, excellent idea for a thread. I've been wondering where I could post all my girly problems :P. Second of all, why did you get your phone taken away? I've had mine taken away for a week, and it made me realise that I had better things to do with my time than spend it using my phone. Of course, I was so much happier when I got my phone back...

My Vent:
I have such bad cramps. I've had to go to school the last three days, and all I've wanted to do was curl up crying because of them. It sucks so much!
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 8:28 PM
PixCii: Try Midol or.. Tylenol. Heating pads work well too.. or so I've found out. Each and every person is different though. xD

My Rant: D: I have a girlfriend, I'm bisexual, but she drives me MAD. She's complaining that I ignore her for The Sims, I mean I don't ignore her. I reply to her and everything. This is stupid though, she lives in Canada, and I live in Texas. I think it's the long distance, but she does this over everything. I'm getting so sick of it. I want to dumb her, but can't bring myself to do it, I've been with her for 2 years, letting her go, means I wasted 2 years of my life. D:

I give up. -.-
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 8:43 PM
SUTO: I've never been in a long distance relationship, nor am I bi so I can't really say I know how you feel. But I don't think you'll be wasting 2 years if you dumped her, if you're sure you want to end the relationship ask yourself why and think about it, and then tell her why you're breaking up with her. Tell her how you feel. Breaking up can be complicated, I've only dated three guys my entire life and I was the one that decided break up only once...and now we're good friends. But if you think you can salvage your relationship then go for it

As for my vent, sooo my dad went to the school and got my cell phone...the thing is he won't give it to me. It's being taken away for the remainder of the month and possibly some of April also. But I must say, the man has no idea what to do when it comes to discipline. Seriously take away my cell phone yet I get to keep my laptop?? Umm...wow. :umm:

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 8:45 PM
I had to wear a dress for a formal debate in my English class today, and the new slingback canvas wedges I bought to wear with it have decimated my heels. Seriously, even though I wore precautionary band-aids and changed them three times throughout the day when they wore down, the shoes rubbed through the band-aids and chafed my heel to be all blistery and bleeding. Wicked, wicked shoes.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#6 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 12:53 AM
Rabid, I feel ya. Strange as it sounds, I cannot stand wearing heels. I'm a wedge girl

My vent:
As pitiful and shallow as this sounds, I'm posting this. I'm not one to care about names, but this is too much. Okay, I dated this guy for 5 months. He dumped me and is now with my friend. I've sinced moved on and I'm taking it slow with a really great guy. However; everyone in my classes call me 'Slut' 'whore' 'bitch' and I can't take it, since my dad taught me young that labels stay with you. And to top it off I have horrible cramps, and I can't find the freaking Midol, and my mom has guests so I can't dash to the nearest pharmacy. :eviltongu
#7 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 1:50 AM
Ugh..I really like this guy and someone told him. So anyways I kinda flirt with his friends but playfully..and anyways its just joking around and stuff... anywho I guess I had it comming..he came up and starts flirting with my BFF and keeps looking at me..trying to get a reaction. But I just went along with it and he looked surprised..later I find out that my BFF now likes him. 0_0 great.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 2:09 AM
One of my best guy friends told me he likes me today.
For a while, I had really liked him, but decided to give up figuring he couldn't possibly like me. This guy from my youth group asked me out about three weeks ago and I say yes. Turns out, we aren't right for each other (in my opinion, not his) and I don't see him romantically at all. We hardly ever talk and we go to different schools. He drinks too much for my tastes and can't speak good English. I was thinking about letting him know how I felt, but then he goes and breaks his jaw. Now I feel stuck because I feel that it would be terrible to break up with him while he is in incredulous pain. I'm questioning about what to do, because I am honestly so confused. I know I probably sound shallow, but things with my boyfriend are really awkward, and I'm comfortable around this other guy.
So, essentially, I don't know what to do, because either way I'm going to break a heart

Sorry if that made no sense, just had to tell someone

&& Roxy, I'm sorry about your problem. Does your best friend know you like him, too?

Just Call Me Allie :)
#9 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 2:35 AM
I think you should go for the guy that you are comfortable with, there's no use staying in a relationship when you know that you don't feel very happy in. Trust me, it's better to break up with them because it's not fair when you're pretending and he's really into you. I'm still good friends with my ex..he still cares about me in that way but I'm glad that I ended it because it would be hurting him. Hope this helps Allie
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roxy882
I think you should go for the guy that you are comfortable with, there's no use staying in a relationship when you know that you don't feel very happy in. Trust me, it's better to break up with them because it's not fair when you're pretending and he's really into you. I'm still good friends with my ex..he still cares about me in that way but I'm glad that I ended it because it would be hurting him. Hope this helps Allie

Thanks for the advice It's nice to get an opinion on the matter.
My boyfriend is still my best friend, and I love him to death, but I don't think I see him romantically. I just don't feel it would be right to when he's so badly hurt already :/

Instructor
#11 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 2:44 PM
Allie, I dont think theres a reason to stay with someone just because he's already hurt. It sprials and soon, it will be over other reasons why you cant break up with him. It might help that he may not be able to talk much due to a broken jaw (i assume?) Tell him how you really feel, that you love him and want to be friends.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:52 PM
I am not on them right now, but I wanna went about them.

Periods. The thing i hate is periods. Especially in summer!You wanna go out and swim but nuuu motha nature gives them to you at the perfect moment. Like wth?! Also I feel horrible, especially if i'm under stress and I get them...Oh god....Normaly i don't have pms, I don;t even realise I have themmm
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 9:12 PM
My Vent:

I am so freakin' aggrevated, fed up, tired, and straight up bored to death of this school year. I have projects to do for multilple classes, quizzes I fail everyday in one class or another, work - work - more work to do, and everything! I hate my classes, and dislike one of the teachers . . . I hate the desks I sit in in my classes (location), I dislike the subjects, I dislike the work, and most of all, I hate the grade I get all because I am always uncomfortable, tired, irritated, bored, hot / cold, or clueless when ever I have work to do that is to be turned in! I NEED A FREAKIN' BREAK!!! The weekends suck, because they aren't long enough. I can't wait for Easter to get here, as, we get a week out for that. But, after that, that's pretty much it before school lets out for summer . . . End of May. And then, I don't look forward to the summer, because since I am 17 and next year I'm going to be a Senior, my parents want me to get a freakin' job so I can start saving for college! ERRGH! I've never worked anywhere, EVER! I get where they are coming from: having a job now would be excellent experience for when I get out on my own / in college, BUT I really don't want to spend my LAST summer as a minor / "kid" working!! I mean, I'm going to be working for the rest of my life once I graduate . . . why rush things?!? And then, lastly, I have all the stress of being a senior to look forward to next year . . . applying to college, making sure I pass all my classes, fufill any more requirements needed for this seal I'm getting on my diploma, etc...

So, all in all, my life as I once knew it is gone, and right now - life sucks.

. . . lets go ruin some innecient teen sims life by giving (s)he a job and then kicking them out to college land!!!

-clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 9:29 PM
I always get my periods on holiday.
It sucks. I actually STARTED when I was on holiday.
-no swimming for lily -
-----
clw8, I know how you feel. I HATE school, and I'm not even one of the people that gets picked on, in fact I probably get it easy. But I have so much homework it's not even funny, I have a French Essay that I have no idea how to do, and I hate French. Beginning to wish I'd taken Spanish, I was so much better at it. To try and make it better, I note in my head all the lessons where I'm with my friends, and it makes them less dull to be in.
-----
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATTTEEEEEE my tech teacher. She has a go at me for EVERYTHING, she's 4272261663 and something years old and has just moved out of her parents house, she can't wash, dress, teach or anything. And she thinks she has the right to criticize me on every little thing. I have a cat. Her's is better- apparently it's the most rare precious amazing most likely to get stolen cat in the world. And mine is just a mix-breed nothing. APPARENTLY.
I chew gum in my lessons. Who doesn't, it passes time. I don't make it super obvious either; I do it subtly. But no, it's disgusting, vile and disruptive to the other members of the class. She says I am a disgusting girl for chewing gum, and no-one should chew gum.
And of course she's right, her opinion is always right.
It's the middle of winter. It's minus 3 outside. All the windows are open. We ask her politely if we can close them, BUT NOOOOO, it's BOILING outside.
So while were shivering our ass's of right next to the window, she sits next to the radiator.
She claims to be all big on fashion, and we have a non-uni day tomorow, and were discussing what to wear, and I said my top with the thick belt, and she comes down on me saying big belts are NOT in, etc etc.
SHE HAS THE WORST FASHION SENSE IN THE WORLD! Urrhhhhhhhhhhh.

/vent.

LJ♥
Call me Lily :).
I'm beginning to upload some of my sims online..please go check them out here :).
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 10:01 PM
chowgilly- I want so much to tell him, I just can't bring myself to. I've just texted him and told him that I need to talk to him about something, so we'll just have to wait and see.

clw8- School can definitley be stressful & feel like too much. I feel that way all the time. I'm sorry you're hatin your classes.

Eat_ToAst- I hate people like that. My dad is that way all of the time too, it drives me insane! I know this is cliche, but just try not to let it bother you, & tell yourself you won't have to deal with her for too much longer. Who knows, maybe her criticism comes from another source--such as problems with her own self-image.

Alchemist
#16 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 10:38 PM
My friends are all cheerleaders but i don't want to become one. They are all going to a competition tommorrow during school time so im gonna be left alone..
My parents both know about my social problems but won't let me stay at home for one day! If i asked my Nan she would definatley let me, Its just my Mum.. I really dont like her she doesnt understand anything!!!!!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 10:46 PM
I'm just sick of this.

My bitchy 'friend' knows I like a guy (who has already broken my heart), yet she loves to flaunt him in my face.

They previously went out, so when he asked me out, I said no, because it felt wrong dating her ex. But I didn't stop liking him. Now he is one of my best guy friends.

Now she constantly will tell me stuff he told her, or say that they are hanging out.
The few times when I'm texting him, when he isn't just not texting me (while texting her), he'll ask ME why she isn't texting him.

Then, whenever I bring up ANYTHING I've done that involves him, she treats me like shit. I've hardly talked to him outside of AIM.

How can I end this?

potterhead
call me bria
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 11:19 PM
If you don't want to be a cheerleader, then don't be one, kusti. I can't say that you should tough school out because I don't know the extent of your problems, but perhaps if you sit down and have a calm, rational chat with your parents, they'll let you stay home. I find that using logic and reasoning on my parents works far better than nagging and arguing; it shows maturity. Hope all goes well.

My vent: my closest friends are a cheerleader, three dancers, a golfer, and a tennis player, so since my athletic talents are far and few between, I sometimes feel left out. My hobbies are academic, and what's worse is that my friends find newspaper stories boring in comparison to sports stories, so I feel like they don't listen when I talk about newspaper. It's not fair, and it frustrates me. I don't mind listening to their stories, but friendship is about give and take. Sometimes I feel like I'm such a good listener and empathizer that I get lost in the shuffle because my friends are not nearly as academically sucessful or academically motivated as I am. I feel like I shouldn't talk about scoring in the highest percentile on the SAT or getting an academic award because I know they didn't. I'm proud of what I do as a journalist and I love my friends, but I just wish they could muster up a tad more than a vacant look and a quick change of subject when I talk about newspaper, because it's not going away anytime soon.

Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 11:24 PM
Rabid, that must be the most frustrating thing ever. I get a lot of that with people I know. I suppose I come across as a bit ditzy sometimes but as soon as I start rambling about something I like, I get the passive headnod and then the quick talking-over-you-so-you-have-to-shut-up thingy. It's especially worse when it's something close to you, it ends up feeling quite worthless.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 11:32 PM
It sucks, doesn't it? Sometimes I just want to snap and tell them that this is a two way street and that I can't put up with their frivolous sports stories anymore if they can't choke down a little bit of newspaper and academia. I love my friends and we've been close since grade school, but I will admit that they can be a bit insensitive. I hate that I can't talk to them about academic things, either; not that they're dumb in the least, but they don't go out of their way to be academically successful above good grades, and I do. Every time I touch upon the fact that I've been accepted into a few honors societies and such, I feel like a horrible, braggy person.

Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 11:38 PM
You shouldn't feel like that at all, it's a real talent and you should be very proud of yourself! I have friends who aren't at all into reading or writing. I'm very bookish and I like talking about stories and ideas I have. But when I do it's like an avalanche and I just have to shut myself up, because I know they don't really want to hear it unless it's down on paper and I have something to show for it. Yet I will quite happily listen for hours when they talk about their latest problems with guys etc. And then I feel bad because I've had a steady boyfriend for two years now and when I say "Oh yeah, we're still fine as ever" it feels like I'm totally rubbing it their faces. o.O

That went so off-topic, sorry!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 11:44 PM
I'm certainly proud enough, and I know they're genuinely happy for me when I tell them about it, but like you, I just feel like I'm rubbing it in their faces. I guess we're both just too conscientious for our own good .

Forum Resident
#23 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 11:45 PM
Yup. I listen faaar too much and talk way too little.
#24 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 2:18 AM
Right now, I am a firm believer that ALL men are scum bags! They are all nothing but sex horn dawgs and expect nothing but booty from a girl! Gosh, and most of them are cheaters! Gosh, I'm so against men right now! Scratch that, BOYS are what I am against right now!
Please, if someone can find me a MAN a REAL MAN please inform me!
#25 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:44 AM
My supposed to be best friend has been smoking with her boyfriend and her other friend. And all 3 of them slept over at the same house last night, and I think that my friend and her boyfriend did something, i'm really worried for her!! shes underaged, wayyyy to young to be smoking. i think i might have to tell someone..

Page 1 of 123